It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA Tests Show Paracas Skulls Not Human

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
One of my favorite subjects...

Made miserable, with people's inability to suspend disbelief for just one thread, and talk about the impossibilities/possibilities/probabilities.

Screw it. I'm out.

S&F for you MRuss. The Paracas Skulls are one of my fascinations. I'm not surprised we are finding more and more new humanoid species, the deeper archaeologists dig.

CdT

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I think it's interesting that any time something like this gets posted, all anyone has to do is post an article saying it's a hoax, and voila! It's a hoax. And peer review is a joke in cases like these. If I'm a scientist whose livelihood is corporate or government funding, you don't really think I'm going to objectively review your research, do you? Right. Lol.

That said. I have to agree this may be more about profits, than it is real science. But the jury is still out for me.
edit on 5/1/2015 by Klassified because: re-word

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

Awesome...going to read your link now. Off topic, the same thing has happened on the roads, no civility is left it would seem. Turn on your signal no one lets you in, they speed up. ATS might be Denying Ignorance to some, but at the price of a loss of civility...Im not sure its worth it sometimes.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

Amen, the beauty of the possibility opens endless portals of adventure, everyone just likes to think they sound smart by throwing around words like Hoax, rigor etc...without actually knowing much about them. The internet lets everyone pretend they know something.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

Amen, the beauty of the possibility opens endless portals of adventure, everyone just likes to think they sound smart by throwing around words like Hoax, rigor etc...without actually knowing much about them. The internet lets everyone pretend they know something.

Where did the OP obtain their research material?

I'm not sure "suspending disbelief" is the best way to vet sources and verify claims...

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
All about the money........
Nothing to see here...move along

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Tripe. Obviously. One doesn't even need to look.

When one looks, however, one finds that these 'scientific results' are being announced on a Facebook page and a YouTube video. No published paper, not even a letter to a scientifc journal.

So tripe. Just as expected.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Here's one picture...looks a bit like O'l Predator, or a squished OrangUtan.

Old link,

thetruthwins.com...

This link, a NYT blog look at Foerster, the originator of the DNA analysis.

www.peruthisweek.com...

More reading on Artificial Cranial Deformation, (Head binding) directly related to the skulls, and more importantly to the findings of Foerster's analysis.

answersingenesis.org...
edit on 1-5-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I'm seeing a whole lot of condemnation here. AND< it is just as bad, perhaps worse, as the OP claiming these results.

The problem here is that all of you are making a decision based on absolutely no data. The original article does not contain data, and no body has bothered to find anything that can indicate what reality is here.
The only issue I currently have is that it appears as though the reality, truth, actual data is being held hostage so that this bean head can sell a book. Sounds typically Terran.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

It amazes me how much money our government spends on ludicrous research, yet something that would throw light onto our past possibly is considered totally out of order. Why simply because it would upset the religious institutions who have been conning us all for the last 1800 years at least. Governments use those religious institutions to keep people in order, so fund research, not if they can destroy any evidence first and never fund anything that might destroy their hold on power.

I do have at the back of my mind though that we, different from the hominids have been around for some 200- 250,000 years so were we looking at Nephilim, Annanaki etc surely they would need to be considerably in our past. However the finding of these skulls, if they are genuine and there are a lot of them around the world, means we bred with them up to 3000 years ago, which is intriguing in itself.

If you believe we went to the moon back in the 1960's then one has to question why no further with the initial successes? But if we did it then, surely others could have come here - and simply been scared off by some of our nasty little ways or either didn't like the idea of amalgamating with us or we were running out of gold etc???

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
A New human like species? In other words, ET!

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
I think it's interesting that any time something like this gets posted, all anyone has to do is post an article saying it's a hoax, and voila! It's a hoax. And peer review is a joke in cases like these. If I'm a scientist whose livelihood is corporate or government funding, you don't really think I'm going to objectively review your research, do you? Right. Lol.

That said. I have to agree this may be more about profits, than it is real science. But the jury is still out for me.

Well put. Peer reviewed science is a sham at large. Yet many of our resident skeptics/scientists cling to its infallible credibility.

The irony is so obvious its not even funny..its pathetic.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

But Paracas skulls have been tested!!
This is from the other thread I linked before (thank you theabsolutetruth):

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth

There is legitimate archaeological research going on there and plenty about the Paracas culture.

www.archaeological.org...
www.ifrglobal.org...

The Paracas culture of coastal Peru is known for its exquisite art. It is also known for explicit presentation of violence, in particular, trophy head iconography on textiles and ceramics. At the same time, the Paracas peoples constructed some of the earliest monumental architecture on the Peruvian south coast – enormous adobe platform mounds rising more than 10 meters above the alluvial plain. This confluence of organized violence and the construction of monumental ritual structures make Paracas one of the best case studies for the study of early complex societies in Peru. For the 2014 season, this field school will focus on two major Paracas mound sites at the Chincha Valley: Cerro del Gentil and Huaca Soto. Through careful excavation and analysis of recovered material culture, students will study the nature of conflict and cooperation that characterized the Paracas society and examine issues of violence, coordinated action, and social complexity.

books.google.co.uk... K5PoA&hl=en&sa=X&ei=_h_0UunnLIbe7AbjqoDoCQ&ved=0CH8Q6AEwCA#v=onepage&q=paracas%20archaeology%20dna&f=false

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

I need data to decide this is a hoax?

The claim itself offers enough data to conclude that it's false.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: tanka418

I need data to decide this is a hoax?

The claim itself offers enough data to conclude that it's false.

Actually...you are wrong!

You absolutely must have viable data, AND be able to understand it. Otherwise you are just guessing!

Without data you can not know, and thus anything you say, think, etc. is just bunk.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Things just get rehashed OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Concerning Peer Review...

I'm from more of a technology sector, and within the software engineering/Technology community there are these things we call "White papers". They typically contain the condensed result of and aspect of an engineering project...like the behavior of data in a relational database, or some other really simple to grasp topic. These things are almost never "peer reviewed", and the industry and technology gets along, actually, some better than the science sector.

In the science sector, there are various papers as well, not unlike the "White paper", and guess what...most of that isn't peer reviewed either.

The "Peer review" is now being used as an excuse to reject valid data, in order to quash a hypothesis that is in "ill-favor" for some individual, The argument is typically accepted by those who, for what ever reason, do not want to do their "Due Diligence". And, thus much knowledge is overlooked for some unacceptable period of time.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The article is dated Feb 10th if this was a thing, main stream media and Twitter would long be a buzz and one could not get a plane into Peru for all the world's egg heads would have book every flight going in.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
The article is dated Feb 10th if this was a thing, main stream media and Twitter would long be a buzz and one could not get a plane into Peru for all the world's egg heads would have book every flight going in.

Agreed, and that was last year.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Double.??
edit on 1-5-2015 by smurfy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join