It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abusive Customer - Disabled Cashier - WWYD?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: qwertygfddf09

Handicapped is not a race lol..*facepalm*

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: PeachesNCream

Handicapped is not a race lol..*facepalm*

OMG - You facepalmed.... that's RACIST!!!

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I had a slightly different scenario not so long ago... I was on the train with my 2 kids and there was a young girl infront of me, she was obviously a new university type. She had forgotten her rail card (Like a discount card). But she had a special pass that was made out from the station she bought the ticket from. The ticket inspector kept saying that this special pass shouldn't have been issued and that she was very lucky and that the person that did it obviously took pity on her. This girl was crying and made to feel about 3 inches tall! The ticket inspector was telling her she needs to buy another ticket and was being very aggressive!

My thoughts were this, the salesman gave her a special pass rightly or wrongly, this is an issue the ticket inspector need to take up with the issuer NOT the girl on a packed train! She WAS very lucky, good! So she was lucky move along!

I stuck up for her telling this dragon to give the girl a break! She had the special ticket so end of story! She told me to shut up and stay out of it! lol... I returned the favour and she walks off past me leaning in with such hatred in her face, I called her a nasty little troll or something as she was lol...

I had another guard come to me too to try and tell me off, I am 6' 4" and not afraid nor bothered by crap like this... What surprised me is the whole train just sat there in silence! The inspector was clearly in the wrong in my opinion there was no need for doing that! It takes some guts to speak up but I feel you have to! Anyway the girl was left alone so I felt very good for helping her out.

Glad to hear this story also had a happy ending!
edit on 4-5-2015 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: PeachesNCream

Bigoted would be the proper term I deal with bigoted folks like you all the time I get a customer that's real difficult and then some fella like you walks in and trys to save the day by showing how superior you are by claiming it's only the fact I'm retarted or disabled whatever and move along once again how would you know that if you don't

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Bigot how you know if someone's handicapped

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

Silence is golden stay out of awkward situations

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Then I guess your bigoted how you know if someone's handicapped or not there are two villains to this story not just one bigot

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: qwertygfddf09
a reply to: Meee32

Silence is golden stay out of awkward situations

Lmao... Nah, that isn't my style! I don't mind awkward and it wasn't silent while the inspector went on and on at the poor girl! She was a real nasty piece of work! If she had a problem with the ticket then call the station that issued the ticket and give them a mouthful! Don't berate someone infront of everyone and try to demand more money off them. I'm very happy I spoke up and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Also if I wasn't right then the inspector wouldn't have left, would she?

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I don't really know why I'm throwing this into the mix....masochism, maybe.

I used the term "disabled" because he is socially impaired in some aspects.

He's extremely gifted in other areas - with mathematics, in particular.

Just because someone is lacking in one arena doesn't mean they cannot excel in another.

I meant no offense....but in today's day and age some will find fault in anything.

For the record, I have schizoaffective bi-polar and I am not offended by my "disability". I've lived with it for well over twenty years now and have moved on beyond labels and being offended over minutia.

Having a disability is not something one should be ashamed of.

It's apt terminology. Ever since my condition surfaced I cannot perform several tasks effectively like I used to. I have severe limitations in areas I once flourished. I am, effectively, disabled from the abilities I once had.

Yeah. So there it is.
I called you out on it.

It's absolutely absurd this thread has devolved into name calling.

I won't be replying further.

edit on 5/5/15 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Suck on your pinky finger for a second.
Get it good and wet.
Insert into the ear of the offensive person.
That usually diffuses the situation.

ive tried this and it usually doesnt end well for both parties. usually.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
i would have used option A. the option i always use in these types of situations.
i would have kept on my merry way.
let the store deal with it

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

And you didn't rebuke her why?

Oh, of course, FEAR.

Seems to be a lot of that nowadays....that's why things keep getting worse. Everyone is AFRAID to DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!!!!

Maybe those feelings you had weren't just feelings. Maybe, something greater than you was leading you to step in and be part of the solution.

Edit: I just saw the post where you talked to the store management about this. Good for you, but don't let fear assuage you from politely rebuking individuals who don't act in a civil manner.
edit on 5-5-2015 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Thanks for clearing this up do yourself quit wallowing in your flaws because they're not
what you witnessed wasn't really a problem but rather the reason why a strong economy is very important where matters like these would be solved with the drop of reciept being printed

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

huh????????

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Unfortunately some people think it's perfectly
acceptable to become verbally abusive to a clerk
they perceive to be inept or inexperienced. It
probably never even occurred to this woman that
the clerk was partially disabled.

I would probably have intervened, but in a non-violent
way. But, I'm usually by myself when I go into these stores.

Rebel 5

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
To the OP: What would I have done? Nothing like what you did, that's for sure. You stood by silently rather than standing up for the cashier, to protect your anxious husband. Send his ass to the car and do what you know you should have done. Is this really so confusing that you need to start a thread about it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join