It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New-horizons-sees-pluto-and-charon (And bright spots)!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neutrality

The dinosaurs lived that way, I'd prefer our species doesn't go the same route.

Why? What difference does it make to you if the human race is around a thousand years from now or not?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven
Well its cool I suppose, but I will wait till they get a better picture of it that is not just some blobs floating in space. Still waiting for color pictures from the moon, and more up close and personal pics of mars as well, though most of what we have and know about planets in the outer orbits even the inward orbits, and most especially outside of your solar system, is for the most part conceptual rendered art.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Can this thread BE any more ignorant? - Chandler Bing.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

I wonder how long until we are out there mining places like this?

Not anytime in the next 1000 years it looks like. I mean you can probably spaceship some people there, but it will be a one way trip and they will be quite dead a few months after they leave the earths magnetic sphere influence, even a mars trip is a likely one way trip even with our best and brightest in our best tech out there.

The only real way you going any kind of mining operations anywhere off planet is with robots or cyborgs or something like that. Oh and that is besides the point that there would really be nothing there that you would not find closer to home, really in your back yard in most cases.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: raikata
I do believe that Yes...Yes it can, we have yet to tap into the full potential of that.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: Neutrality

The dinosaurs lived that way, I'd prefer our species doesn't go the same route.

Why? What difference does it make to you if the human race is around a thousand years from now or not?

Because I have developed a conscious ability to care for others? While I CHOOSE not to have children, the ones I love have had children. Should I just be selfish and promote wasteful consumption for gratitude and NOT worry, because I won't be around? I mean was that even a real response?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

I wonder how long until we are out there mining places like this?

Not anytime in the next 1000 years it looks like.

Look what we've done in the last hundred years or so! I think by the end of my life-time (hopefully another 50-60 years) we will have tech that looks alien to us, just like current tech seems alien to our great-grandparents.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Neutrality
Well if you want alien looking tech, or even tech that looks alien you could have it, should not be that hard to achieve. But that still does not mean much, if anything. I mean what are you all going to do colonize mars, open up some malls and 7-11, then move on to the next planet and then open up more malls and 7-11s, etc all over the galaxy. Whats the point of that?

That's just silly even if you could do all that. But you cant, because the question is not one of technology really, in fact technology may just be tact on.

Nah! I think that is redundant. But if you want to go to Pluto, then sure why not, but you will need more then some new tech, you may need a new body types as well, ones capable of surviving in such environments or lack of there in environments, and at the very least breathing oxygen has got to go as that is useless outside this planet and its atmosphere. Which is why I said the only feasible way right now or even in hundreds of years from now may be robots, or cyborgs or biobots or some such.

I do not believe that space travel is quite exactly what the pictocubes depict it as, star trek or any of them may be far from the truth and reality of it.

edit on 2amMondayam042015f1amMon, 04 May 2015 02:46:05 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join