It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African American woman shot by police in Atlanta on Martin Luther King drive.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Conflicting reports was handcuffed wasn't hand cuffed apparantly shot at police from the back of a police car and killed in response

Dont know how to post link sorry if another poster could that would be good

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
m.ajc.com...

Be interesting to find out how she still had a piece on her.

That being said, typically shooting at cops is a losing proposition.

Though I'm sure the "it's a plant" comments are being prepped as I type.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Ya if you shoot then you are asking go get shot.

Not saying it was a plant, but recent events did show how that really is a possibility.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

The police put her in the back of a patrol car without searching her to see if she had a gun or any other type of weapoin? is that common procedure?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

The woman who police believed had stolen a car was put into the back of a patrol car, where she somehow had a gun and fired shots at two officers, Atlanta police said Thursday night. The gunfire exchange began inside the patrol car, police said.

Let's not get this blown out of proportion or anything now.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Wow... everybody in that car was just stupid.

Since when do cops make an arrest without frisking? And... how did she plan on getting out of the car if she succeeded in killing the officers?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Xuenchen, she try to kill the police officers, but is that proper procedure, to put a person in custody in the back of a patrol car without a search.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Never mind the details of the arrest think of what the agitators can do with the address of the shooting.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Exactly, this in Atlanta close to home, so far Atlanta has not been joining the protest and I find that very odd as the city considers itself the center of the civil right movement.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I'm not going to go into details but I know first hand, in my own experience, I was arrested, handcuffed, searched 3 times, and I rode in the police car under arrest for 45 minutes before finally admitting to still being in the possession of a very much illegal possession. No need to name this possession but it took up a pretty large volume of area and you wouldn't even believe me if I told you seeing as they missed it 3 times in searches..

I spoke up a block from the jail so I didn't get any extra charges or issues when I got the real deal search at the jail lol.. Needless to say these 2 cops who's experience totals more then 30 years were blown away...

It can happen

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

Well thanks for the candid input,

I see now that it they do search but it can be gone unnoticed specially if the lady was very healthy and they never searched her ample healthy body .

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

The police put her in the back of a patrol car without searching her to see if she had a gun or any other type of weapoin? is that common procedure?

Perhaps they were holding her there until a female officer arrived to search her? I don't know and I'm not going to waste my time reading the article. This whole "poor wittle black people" bit is getting old.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Could be, I guess with all the problems in the Gray case the police all over the nation have to keep a low profile.

Who knows.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
They didnt search her first ...wtf...and how bad a shot was this woman to miss her target from no more than couple of feet away ?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: marg6043

"poor wittle black people" bit is getting old.

Glad that 1. Someone said it and 2. I'm not alone with this sort of thought.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Who is saying poor her?

Pretty sure people are just saying the cops messed up.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
One possibility is that the arresting officers were male, and they only did a cursory search while awaiting a female officer to do a thorough search. Not gonna jump to conclusions right now.
Atlanta is the closest really big city to me as well.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Perhaps they were holding her there until a female officer arrived to search her? I don't know and I'm not going to waste my time reading the article. This whole "poor wittle black people" bit is getting old.

It could well be justified in this case. There has been an increase in the reporting of black AND non-black victims of police shootings.

Would you consider the killing of John Crawford (black) a good shoot?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
How can someone shoot with hands cuffed behind their back?
Otherwise the only way this could happen is if she was cuffed in the front.
If she wasn't these cops deserve the Darwin award.
Also, about the only weapon capable of missing at that distance would be a derringer, probably in her bra.

Again we have a story title deliberately trying to rile people up
What difference does it make what street it happened on?
Because it was MLK blvd. apparently so that's why they bother to mention her race as well.
I could hang the media, I swear.
People are getting killed due to the anger they are stirring up.

edit on 30-4-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure the incident was more like when John Travolta shot Phil LaMarr when car hit a bump on accident in "Pulp Fiction."

Cop Was turned around and lady was Yellin about a weave, her rights, fake nails now ruined, and as cop turns around to yell at her she kicks his seat and Boom. CPR shows it was an accident, but might as well put a gun on her.

But in reality, how and why would they not frisk her? Well, maybe with all the crap going on with cops and blacks, she was throwing a fit and refused to have them touch her, so iunstead of the police getting violent and forcing to frisk, they took her to the station to be frisked by a black officer of her choice and give the fanta of her preferred flavor. She didn't know about the Fanta and pulled a gun out her ass crack and attempted to fire while she was cuffed in the back seat, fired and definitly would miss, and she got the wrath of the Law that makes the Law serves the Law and protects their own Law. If she was smart she'd wait to pull a gun out until she had the cuffs off. They're will be a day when the weaves have retractable guns, like a cowboy who has a gun in his belt buckle or boot.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join