It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Scandinavian friends. I want to know you better.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
It seems like Scandinavian nations are the place to be.... for years. Norway. Finland. Sweden. Denmark. Holland. There's no one that doesn't live there that would go, "I don't want to go there."

We LOVE you. Canuck just wants to know.... how do you guys look at each other?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Usually with satire
..jokes ( humour no pun intented) etc
In general we learn from each other.. If one of our neighbors has done something good and benefical to its people.. rest take an advice and apply to fit their system if possible.. if crap happens we shake our heads and say "Oh that was a huge mistake.. glad we didnĀ“t do the same "

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Holland is not a Scandinavian country.

But a lot of Scandinavian soccer players play in The Netherlands and we love speed skating which also being done by Scandinavians...it`s actually rather difficult to find non sympathetic Scandinavian athletes, so that results automatically in a positive view of them...the same as with Canadians.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Good thread and feel the same way. Norway and Finland would be home in a heartbeat, aside from the bonding and laying down of roots in the nicest place in Canada, the Okanagan.

Grandfather was Norwegian, and he had so much integrity, intelligence, humility, wisdom, and social conscience.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I've been there. Like every place it has its drawbacks too(though less than most places)

Off the top of my head:

-If you're used to/like Latin intensity of behaviour, you'll be left flat. The scandinavians have a cold temperament(I don't mean this in a bad way, it's just the way they are. They have their own charm)
-Your ass will freeze in the winter
-They have no Manhattans or Parises. Hotbeds of metropolitan culture. If you like that, you won't find it there
-Stiff bureaucracy. You need a permit to sneeze, figuratively speaking

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join