It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone here check their inboxes?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
hope this is correct forum for this question please move it if I'm wrong- thx

So I have only been on a few days and I have sent a few people inboxes as to various questions regarding a post they wrote or in two cases a quick question regarding how they found their avatars as I thought they were intriguing.

I have noticed that no one replies, at all.

I cannot imagine such an immense site with soo many members and varying ideas not exploiting this useful tool for communication. One would think that if it is really never used the people who run the site wouldn't dedicate servers or space to such a thing unless it was used regularly.

So did i manage to just inbox the only people here who never check their inboxes or am i just not cool enough here yet to deserve a response. The last part being a bit of humor.

I did consider that people lead busy lives and such but a couple people i inboxed were currently online when i messaged them and much longer afterward. Which again begs the humbling question, maybe Im not cool enough yet to be deemed worthy of a response? There are some questions that i don't feel belong on the threads as they are off topic or aren't polite publicly so to speak so I thought messages would be more appropriate but maybe I am wrong again?

thanks in advance for any responses

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I always check my inbox every day, but it's to check for any replies to my posts. I don't U2U, and don't really see the point in it unless it's to report something to a mod. I like to keep things up front, and this is a public forum not a private chat room. That's just how I see it. Now if I were to meet someone very very interesting that I just had to U2U, then all bets are off. But the norm for me is no, I don't use that function.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
thank you for your insight and a very apropos avatar to boot!

I used the inbox u2u as i don't like going off topic on someones thread and I thought it be more polite to use the messages to ask rather than filling a thread with my unrelated queries.

in some online communities it is call for firing squad if you go off topic so I was merely trying to obey the etiquette of most internet sites.

*I do notice going off topic here at ats does seem to be commonplace but its also very informative and fun to read

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I too check my inbox, it is rather like the farmer, in the midwest, who hopes beyond hope that there is an ear of corn in his field, only to arrive after a long trek to find nothing!

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Thisisfun2015

Hey their again !

feel free to send me a message and Ill do What ever I can to Address any Issue with your Avatar as I can .

You can always check the message you sent to see if it was read , If its a Bold White color that means it has not been read.

If its a grey color that means it has been read . That's how I am able to tell anyway...

Good luck !
edit on 30-4-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I do...only to find it quite barren. Kinda feel like Charlie Brown on Valentine's Day lol

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Sometimes posters don't reply to me too. I think it has to do with them not noticing that the envelope icon is white. They might not realize that they have U2U. Sometimes I don't notice for a while.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I just recently realized I had one. It would be sweet if there was some sort of notification on the bar with normal browsing. I had a few in there and they were old.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
What is this inbox you speak of?

Nah, I know what it is...I check it when I send someone else a u2u and when I'm not expecting a scolding from the mods.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Lots of peeps here u2u each other on various matters, be it for chat, or to seek mystical help from each other's warlock powers and stuff. I was once offered the opportunity to accompany another member in a trip to break open the Sphinx with my brain-box and usher in a new world of alien contact and stuff

A few folk used to try troll me on u2u's a couple of years ago and i had a barrel of laughs messing with them.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

At the top next to the YouTube, Twitter and other buttons, you will see an envelope icon. When you have a message it will look bright and bolded. Just click on it when it is and it takes you to your inbox.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
when I'm not expecting a scolding from the mods.

Do you deserve one

Actually I'm bad about checking my own, but I do check a couple of times a day.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I never have anything in my in box to check.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for replying here. At least now I know I am not the only one who doesn't receive replies and now I have a better idea as to maybe why.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I have to be honest. I love having a white envelope!

I just noticed, however, that the placement of it next to the twitter and social media icons kind of makes it look like its one of those "share this by email" icons and not a message indicator...

Something to consider maybe?? Just a thought...

- AB

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Sometimes I just let the messages sit there a day or two without opening them....

Then the suspense of what they might say gets to be too much for me....

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I check only when my littler mail icon is lighted.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Many people have their avatars designed specifically for them by a small group of people who enjoy graphic design and helping out other ATS members while doing something we love..

Here is the Avatar creations thread link.. give us a shout!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ironhawke
I do...only to find it quite barren. Kinda feel like Charlie Brown on Valentine's Day lol

ahahahaha

And people rarely reply to my U2Us either. Is about 2 in 5 for replies or something.

They read them, then they just go 'holy poop, Pinke is evil' and run off I guess. I've had one or two people U2U me, but at times some of the things they say are rather odd or actually kinda creepy. I don't bother responding to those usually because I've learned my initial instincts are often correct.

Wouldn't take any of it personally.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I check it regularly now, because it has happened that I had messages and the little envelope did not turn white and alert me!
Though sometimes people just don't want to answer too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join