It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin's Propaganda Machine.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

...Russia paying Dutch people to make such comments is just laughable.

And you have proof they weren't, because if you don't it will be laughable.

Broken logic!

Do you have any proof they are? That would be far easier to show...

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Just read the comments of informed Dutch people at this article to have an answer about how paranoia has swept a lot of peoples minds nowadays to even assume most who don`t hold a pro-Western government point of view have to be pro-Russians...

NATO commander warns about Russians

...Russia paying Dutch people to make such comments is just laughable.

I think it was Germany, not too long ago, who came out and said the Commander of NATO was lying about Russia...
Course, I also noticed that everybody ignored that...

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

I think it was Germany, not too long ago, who came out and said the Commander of NATO was lying about Russia..

Surely you can provide proof of this, or is it more baseless conjecture?

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

RT is used to counter Western propaganda by telling the things which are conveniently left by our media to portray a very different pictures about what goes on this World.

If by saying counter you mean flat out lie, and make up stories then yes your right...

and we have on the other side to believe that Western propaganda is the truth...how is that for some twisting?

So Russian media, and Russian blogs are the place for anything truthful...because you swear by them as being true.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Fact checking about what RT reports can be done with personal knowledge.

Fact checking and RT...two words that don't go together, nor does it seem they actually do any.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

I think it was Germany, not too long ago, who came out and said the Commander of NATO was lying about Russia..

Surely you can provide proof of this, or is it more baseless conjecture?

It was all over the NEWS...go look it up!

Here:
www.n-tv.de...
thefrontliner.net...

IF you want more just use Google...

edit on 2-5-2015 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
All news is propaganda. It brings things to people's attention and indicates which things should receive more attention than the other things, which is intended to influence people's views and opinions. This is not necessarily dubious or nefarious. News is written, edited, and distributed by humans, which makes it biased, even if it follows strict ethical journalistic practices. Readers must analyze and evaluate news, and attempt to triangulate truth by using a multitude of sources.

A state-owned news outlet putting out pro-state propaganda should not be surprising. A critical consumer of news should keep this obvious bias in mind, just as he or she should keep the biases of any other source in mind.

For anyone who is interested, here is a quick excerpt from an article on types of propaganda:

White propaganda was that whose origin was clearly labeled and which had a transparent purpose. Gray propaganda is information of questionable origin that is never sourced and whose accuracy is doubtful. Black propaganda is information put out by an opposing government or institution and made to look as though it came from a friendly source.

knowledgenuts.com...
edit on 2-5-2015 by wagnificent because: grammar

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

It was all over the NEWS...go look it up!

Imagine that I did and this is what I found...

(Reuters) - German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier downplayed a magazine report on Saturday of tensions with NATO over hawkish comments about Ukraine made by the Western alliance's supreme allied commander.

Der Spiegel news magazine said an official in Chancellor Angela Merkel's offices had complained of Air Force General Philip Breedlove's "dangerous propaganda" over Ukraine and that Steinmeier had talked to the NATO General Secretary about him.

"It's true that I asked in two instances, in which the information we had from our sources was not entirely consistent with the information that came from the United States or NATO," Steinmeier said at a European Union foreign ministers meeting.

"But I also say that we have no interest in any dispute emerging from this," Steinmeier said at the meeting in Riga. "We have to see that we stay closely together, also in the question of assessment of risk, and not differ in our advice."

www.reuters.com...

It's amazing what you find when you actually look and don't take what the source for this story says at face value...The source is Spiegal which is well known for the anti west reporting they do concerning the events in Ukraine.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Putin is the 3rd Anti-Christ described by Nostradamus.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Data prejudice.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

could you quote the bits you think are relevant.

I never trust I'm being shown the same information as someone thinks I am when I follow links like these.

several western media organisations also have a habit of delivering different versions of their stories depending which country your ip is from.

which changes for me every time I create a new tor identity.

here's what I found.

www.unian.info...

The West must wage an information war with Russia in order to counter its "false stories" in social networks, NATO Supreme Allied Commander Europe General Philip Breedlove said on Sunday, according to Ukrainian newspaper Ukrainska Pravda.

now I'm not sure what these false stories are supposed to be.

both east and west seem to agree Viktor Yanukovych is dead.
and him preferring russia over the eu started all this.
edit on 3-5-2015 by mSparks43 because: (no reason given)

lots of he's lieing she's lieing.
pointless drivel.
west is supporting gross human rights abuses in both gaza and by the current eastern Ukrainian government. that is basic fact AFAIK.
which means I'm neither going to believe anything they say, nor give them the slightest bit of support.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   
further more.

you guys want to talk punishing political dissent.
let's name names.
i got
Noize mc
Edward Snowden
Manning
Assange
David Kelly
and
Noam Chomsky

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
a reply to: Xcalibur254

RT is used to counter Western propaganda by telling the things which are conveniently left by our media to portray a very different pictures about what goes on this World.

In our Western World truth has now become propaganda as I already wrote before, and we have on the other side to believe that Western propaganda is the truth...how is that for some twisting?

RT has been proven to be as bad as alex jones here on quite a few ocassions. ALL state run news agencies are not always honest. SHoot a RT reporter herself quit on air and said she could not report the crap given to her LIVE.

Imagine a reporter doing that for mainstream news in America,

Oh wait they can't because they would be blackballed for the rest of their lives.

Not to mention shamed, bothered, harassed...all the things you imagine Russia would do, has happened to reporters here.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Thanks for the post
just finished watching it and its pretty messed up I suggest everybody watches this

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondtheskys

really? I gave up after the first few minutes because I got the impression they were looking for something that wasn't really there. certainly my personal experience having spent the last couple of years in the region.

perhaps you could give a summary of exactly what the point was and what evidence they gave to back it up.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
and given they start with what's happening in the ukraine.

did they condone or condemn the eastern Ukrainian government for this:
m.youtube.com...

because personally I'm of the opinion that dropping heavy artillery on your civilians because they voted against you counts as a crime.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: mSparks43

did they condone or condemn the eastern Ukrainian government for this:
m.youtube.com...

So in your mind the Ukrainian government should just let Russia send in troops and weapons without fighting for their own country, because if they hadn't done that those heavy guns wouldn't have been used?

Now I have to ask...

Where is your outrage over these things?

www.kyivpost.com...

www.thejournal.ie...

Or is your outrage a one sided affair?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: mSparks43

because personally I'm of the opinion that dropping heavy artillery on your civilians because they voted against you counts as a crime.

It wasn't because they voted against them...it was because of the armed separatist movement that was fighting against the Ukraine gov't.

When you fire heavy weapons from behind human shields in war...civilian casualties will happen, as that is a sad part of war.

And yes,the separatists were using the civilian population as their human shields...

www.themoscowtimes.com...

news.sky.com...

ukraine-truth.com...

news.yahoo.com...

childrendeservefamilies.com...

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   

The chain of events seems quite clear.
even the BBC has a nice write up on it.
www.bbc.com...

Viktor Yanukovych is elected (by hook or by crook) prime minister. Tells the EU to stick its "make the rich richer and the poor poorer" projects up it's ass. Ukraine wants to go more with the "make goods and services cheaper and higher quality" model used by the Russians.
Lots of rich people were upset with this, and they declare the vote corrupt.

Viktor Yanukovych is murdered, they replace him with a violent nutjob that starts shooting any pro russian demonstrators dead in the street, while letting pro EU supporters hold large (western funded) protests for the cameras.

Eastern Ukraine and Crimea don't believe it, declare they want out (with some places 90% in favour of distancing themselves from the EU). Russia sends a ton of support to kick out Ukrainian soldiers. Who, faced with mass civilian protests and a load of Russian firepower backing them up leave peacefully.

Eastern Ukraine starts bombing the bejesus out of all the towns and cities that voted for Russia. Crimea remains relatively peacefull.

now, with US support, have started doing so again.
www.bbc.com...

That is my impression anyway. I take a view and defend it. willing to listen and change that view. Are you?

I got a simple rule.
Violence is the last resort of the incompetent.
In this case
Russia achieved its goals (almost totally) non violently.
EU, US and the UK (like always these days) had to resort to the most extreme, repulsive violence the world knows.

Also, "new newspeak"
human shields = cilivians who support the other side.

wanna see how repulsive that term is? (stating categorically I find this repulsive)
Here's it being used on the twin towers.
911 was fine, the bankers shouldn't have been using all those human shields to protect the twin towers.

Perhaps, maybe, you should think twice before using that term.

hope my point is clear and i didn't cause to much upset. pretty much expecting this post to get deleted

edit on 4-5-2015 by mSparks43 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
Western governments can have approval ratings in the toilet and the MSM will still be able to keep those who can afford it out shopping and all those that can't afford to feeling like losers and it is their own fault.

For you to try and trivialize western propaganda is disingenuous. There has never been anything like what we have here....ever.

Read this:

What makes the mainstream media mainstream

If you’ve read George Orwell’s Animal Farm  he wrote in the mid-1940s, it was a satire on the Soviet Union, a totalitarian state. It was a big hit. Everybody loved it. Turns out he wrote an introduction to Animal Farm which was suppressed. It only appeared 30 years later. Someone had found it in his papers. The introduction to Animal Farm was about "Literary Censorship in England" and what it says is that obviously this book is ridiculing the Soviet Union and its totalitarian structure. But he said England is not all that different. We don’t have the KGB on our neck, but the end result comes out pretty much the same. People who have independent ideas or who think the wrong kind of thoughts are cut out.

He talks a little, only two sentences, about the institutional structure. He asks, why does this happen? Well, one, because the press is owned by wealthy people who only want certain things to reach the public. The other thing he says is that when you go through the elite education system, when you go through the proper schools in Oxford, you learn that there are certain things it’s not proper to say and there are certain thoughts that are not proper to have. That is the socialization role of elite institutions and if you don’t adapt to that, you’re usually out. Those two sentences more or less tell the story.

Oh get your information from a Russian blog?? The information is wrong what he was criticizing western media for was the way it censors views on opisitions.George Orwell believed western media needed to fight Russian ideals head on. He wad critical of the passive nature of western press. Said this censorship could lead to the destruction of capitolism and western ideals. Basically he thought Russian propaganda should be exposed instead of ignored. Western media doesn't try to correct false narratives. Instead they let them perpetuate causing internal strife. Orwell was very smart he knew if the west didn't start fighting back against propaganda it's doomed.

You still see it today US Television almost nothing pertaining to Putins actions if he is mentioned it is only because he made a statement. Are Russian s impatiens believe the west is flooded with anti Russian propaganda it's simply not true. As far as sensorship in the west it's impossible. To many networks each with their own agenda. Hiding something from Amaricans is impossible. But what does it do to the people hearing all these desensitized opinions? Answer it creates a society where people don't trust anything. In the west none of the media has to outright change facts. As with anything their are always multiple opinions to choose from In Russia THIS Isn't the case you get 1 opinion namely Putins anyone who doesn't agree is killed or placed in jail. You can't compare the west to Russia you can compare Russia to Nazi germany and sadly it's an exact match. Hitler did the same things before world war 2 and sadly it may take a world war to remove a dictator again from power Who knows.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join