It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin's Propaganda Machine.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

RT is or it does! However, our own MSM spreads propaganda too, in this case it's the pot calling the kettle black.

Literally, damn near all governments do it. USA with CNN, FOX, MSNC, etc. Japan and it's newspapers (like how they passed that no snitching law, lawl!), Germany and Der Spiegel, The UK with the BBC.

edit on 1-5-2015 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

RT is used to counter Western propaganda by telling the things which are conveniently left by our media to portray a very different pictures about what goes on this World.

In our Western World truth has now become propaganda as I already wrote before, and we have on the other side to believe that Western propaganda is the truth...how is that for some twisting?
edit on 1 5 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

But those other media outlets and countries are not the topic of this thread. The biases of outlets like CNN and BBC are daily topics here on ATS. However, whenever someone tries to point out the propaganda coming out of Russia the thread gets derailed. People are even trying to claim that Vice is a propaganda outlet just because they posted this video critical of Russia. Of course they ignore the fact that Vice is an independently owned company that has also posted articles and videos critical of the West. They were strong supporters of the OWS movement.

Of course that's not surprising. These are the same people that claimed Amnesty International was a pro-West organization when they posted an article about human rights violations committed by the Ukrainian separatists.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Of course that's not surprising. These are the same people that claimed Amnesty International was a pro-West organization when they posted an article about human rights violations committed by the Ukrainian separatists.

And, not forgetting, there is no obvious way of knowing whether the pro-russian sentiment shown here on ATS is by genuine ATS members or part of the russian propaganda machine. What I have noticed is that some of the pro putin-russian sentiment matches exactly the "party line" spouted forth by media across many eastern european countries.....so go figure!

I have a collegue here at work whose wife is from east europe and he visits there a lot. According to him the propoganda is huge over there although most of the citizens are well aware and sick of it.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad russia has One of the most internet users of any country in the world, so no doubt some of the pro putin members are home grown, doing their nationalistic duty for the mother land

edit on 1-5-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Just read the comments of informed Dutch people at this article to have an answer about how paranoia has swept a lot of peoples minds nowadays to even assume most who don`t hold a pro-Western government point of view have to be pro-Russians...

NATO commander warns about Russians

...Russia paying Dutch people to make such comments is just laughable.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

RT is used to counter Western propaganda by telling the things which are conveniently left by our media to portray a very different pictures about what goes on this World.

In our Western World truth has now become propaganda as I already wrote before, and we have on the other side to believe that Western propaganda is the truth...how is that for some twisting?

RT has been proven to be as bad as alex jones here on quite a few ocassions. ALL state run news agencies are not always honest. SHoot a RT reporter herself quit on air and said she could not report the crap given to her LIVE.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I was just drawing similarities chief.

Everyone (governments) does propaganda, why is everyone pissy with Russia, they ARE communists. What did everyone expect, freedom of the press?

Haha, no!

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

You still haven't answered my question. Is RT state owned? Does RT have a clear anti-West pro-Russian bias? Has RT spread disinfo, misinfo, and outright lied to promote their bias? Does that sound like propaganda to you?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

I'm just pointing out the double standard. Go on pretty much any thread on this site and you'll find at least one person bashing Western media. No one bats an eye. However try to mention the propagandist nature of Russian media and suddenly people try point out flaws in Western media to distract from the criticisms of Russian media.

When was the last time you saw someone try justify the actions of Western media by saying Russia does it as well? Never. But the second someone criticizes Russian media there's a group there ready to justify its actions by saying the West does it as well.

And let's not even get into the cognitive dissonance. I'm talking about the people that admit that sources like RT have lied in the past but then turn right around and hold them up as a bastion of truth while pointing out that Western media has lied in the past.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

RT doesn`t have to do anything else as just reporting about what is actually happening in this World and set disinformation about The Kremlin straight, not much else is to be expected of them.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

...Russia paying Dutch people to make such comments is just laughable.

And you have proof they weren't, because if you don't it will be laughable.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

RT doesn`t have to do anything else as just reporting about what is actually happening in this World and set disinformation about The Kremlin straight, not much else is to be expected of them.

You really believe that don't you?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

have they? maybe im uninformed but I haven't seen RT lie about much of anything. the most ive seen them do is omit information, and most of the time its information that they wouldn't have access to in the first place.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

And you have proof they weren't, because if you don't it will be laughable.

Russia is going to pay Dutch people so they can once every 2 months comment on something like this...in the past being able to comment at such articles could be done regularly, now hardly ever.

You really believe that don't you?

Fact checking about what RT reports can be done with personal knowledge.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Everyone is evil. The only side is our own.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

You still haven't answered my question. Is RT state owned? Does RT have a clear anti-West pro-Russian bias? Has RT spread disinfo, misinfo, and outright lied to promote their bias? Does that sound like propaganda to you?

Not know for sure but highly likely RT is state sponsored private organization. RT does amplify any weak or bad points of the western policies just like CNN and others do it for the western interests. In return, the western establishments do not like that. For them, to be offensive is only the western right.

Anyone who stands upto them or pushes back from the pressure becomes a villain who is constantly illfamed and bad talked on CNN, ABC, NBC, FOX and across the board media channels.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
rapper on stage in Nazi flag has problems with concerts and well-deserved contempt in Russian society. you know what will happen with the Russian flag dressed in Lviv, Kiev and all Ukraine? he would be killed. there is a difference?

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
The western Ukrainian government is a group a far right extreme facists you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy.
Who have ordered heavy artillery on all the cities and towns that voted against them in the last election, and murdered the democratically elected leader.

If you live in the Ukraine, you have the choice between a government that just wants to destroy everything.
or having everything you own bombed burnt and stolen by that government.

where
exactly
does Russian propaganda fit into that story?
edit on 2-5-2015 by mSparks43 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
One thing I've noticed in western media is that you get to hear about the corruption and lies our government does. I'm still waiting to hear from Russian state controlled Media anything critical about the regime or their leader.

I'm sorry man, but...what we get in our "western media" is just enough trivial BS to make it appear there is some sort of transparency in government, when in fact there is none.

Western governments are quite busy right now trying to destroy everything the Human species has built up over the past 250,000 years. And it seems that most just want to cheer it on...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join