It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin's Propaganda Machine.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Note I think anyone who thinks that Putin is for the people is either paid by putin or in fear of putin or naive.

But with that said:

One thing I've noticed in western media is that you get to hear about the corruption and lies our government does.

That is because the US is at the top of their game when it comes to propaganda. they are like master magicians at illusions and diversions. They are Machiavellian statisticians.

Putin and the rest are still at college level and trying to rule by fear, intimidation, and forced control.

I'm still waiting to hear from Russian state controlled Media anything critical about the regime or their leader.

We have controlled criticism about our gov't but the genius part is how over the years they have made the public immune to the corruption by using the art of the 2 Teflon party blame game.

Despite how aware Americans are about the billions being thrown at our congress by the lobbyist and special interest groups, that is never the focus of the national debates by the MSM nor the DNC or the GOP.

Instead we get to hear about what under wear our president uses and rehash of the same issues over and over and over again like : racism, gay rights, religion, healthcare, taxes, immigration,foreign affairs, scandals and all things that are direct SYMPTOMS of the real issue: the money being given to politicians and the billions it takes to make it to office and stay in office.

When the MSM starts to solely focus on the only issue that is relevant and which effects everything else, than I can say our MSM is critical of our gov't. The rest is just illusions and diversions followed with no action.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Yeah and the antiwar movement against Vietnam was a masterstroke by the MSM. (Sigh)

But I'm done replying to claims about the western media. I have been watching and reading the news avidly since the 70s. And there is not a doubt that western media is more open than Russia state-controlled media. With that comment I will no longer respond off topic. The OP and thread is about Russian propaganda.
edit on 30-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

The reason that validates the OP's position on Russian propaganda. Is pretty self evident did you see the western media stifle opinion about the war on terror anywhere?

What do you think ATO means ?

Anti Terrorist Operation...and isn`t that also a war on "terror?"

They have stifled the opinion about that big time in Western media.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Where did you read about that position?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Yeah and the antiwar movement against Vietnam was a masterstroke by the MSM. (Sigh)

I should have clarified that hasn't always been the case , but within the last several decades the MSM has taken a more vital role in propaganda.

Like I said , Russian propaganda is strong and just about every gov't has it , but you have to be naive to think we don't have it nor we aren't some of the best at disguising it.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

It was to point out there hasn`t been a real opposite opinion on things in Western media as you claim it to be.

But it`s funny you make the comparison about the war on terror, as if it`s from Russian point of view the same.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Again you miss construed my words. And are still focused on western media.

It was to point out there hasn`t been a real opposite opinion on things in Western media as you clai

This reply is complete BS . Or did you miss the years on Abu Ghraib?

Or did you miss the whole Blackwater massacre thing? Or was it that you missed the years of people in the MSM calling for the troops to come home?

I tried to avoid changing the subject along with you. But it was a complete joy showing that you are full of crap.

Now once again even though I know you cannot do it let's please talk about Russian propaganda.

edit on 1-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

...let's please talk about Russian propaganda.

I don`t live in Russia, so I don`t care about it, same as with North Korean, Chinese, etc...I care about the propaganda from where I am, and that is The West, hence I responded to the Western propaganda of the OP.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

I don`t live in Russia, so I don`t care about it, same as with North Korean, Chinese, etc...I care about the propaganda from where I am, and that is The West, hence I responded to the Western propaganda of the OP.

But the OP was about Russian propaganda. Why did you decide to enter this thread and take it off topic?

If that was your problem your time would've been much better spent starting a thread on Western propaganda and not obfuscating the issue about Russian propaganda.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

But the OP was about Russian propaganda. Why did you decide to enter this thread and take it off topic?

If that was your problem your time would've been much better spent starting a thread on Western propaganda and not obfuscating the issue about Russian propaganda.

Yes, yes, I'm pretty sure you made that clear repeatedly. I don't think you are following what he is saying. He is calling out the OP as propaganda FROM the west about Putin's propaganda. Whether correct or not, he is still on topic. Derailing his point is off topic.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Nice thread. I love Vice news for this exact reason, unbiased honest reporting. I'm 35 dispatches into Simon Ostrovsky's Russian Roulette In Ukraine. It's insane how far reached Moscow's media "freedom" extends. Free media until you badmouth Putin or the Kremlin, then bam suddenly you're state owned.

That piece I mentioned before starts with this, anyone who hasn't seen it, it definitely worth all the watching you will have to do!

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

It was to point out there hasn`t been a real opposite opinion on things in Western media as you claim it to be.
Well there actually is but you have to watch alternative media like Press TV or RT .How often do we hear a PCR or a Webster Tarpley or a Micheal Hudson on western msm . Heck I started watching RT just for Max Kaiser to try and understand what the heck was going on .

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

OP

I'll stick with RT when it comes to news

I am better informed that way

Your guys, the western MSM can go suck on a pipe

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Yes yes yes yes it was abundantly clear to me. Apparently it's not clear to either of you. Repeatedly any time something comes up against Putin The same people always use the same tactic and flip the subject instead of addressing the issue.

But I would be happy if you could prove Russian media is not biased propaganda.

I've asked this question yet no one has ever been able to prove their claims. Let' use the Russian media most of the west is familiar with RT. Show me three articles critical of Vladimir Putin since RT's inception.

That is a perfectly nonbiased litmus test for propaganda. You regularly see articles critical of sitting presidents in the west but I still haven't found any from Russian state owned media.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
It's worrying. The cult of personality hasn't turned out well in europes history, scary to think it's happening again. It can only end badly.
edit on 1-5-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Yes, yes, I'm pretty sure you made that clear repeatedly. I don't think you are following what he is saying. He is calling out the OP as propaganda FROM the west about Putin's propaganda. Whether correct or not, he is still on topic. Derailing his point is off topic.

Yes, I saw the video and when she talked about Putin turning facts into fiction to make it look like they don`t talk about reality in Russian controlled media , it showed it was also propaganda from Western side. She never draws the comparison with thing which are happening in the West or the Ukraine media to come off as someone wanting to give a balanced view.

When in Russia they talk about the following...

- Russia under attack by The West (economic and in the media)

- The presence of a fifth column in Russia

- The West wanting a regime change also in Russia

- US who made a coup in the Ukraine

- Eastern Ukrainians under attack

- Etc,...

...it`s not fiction, but fact, yet she tries to make it look like it`s all fiction.

And seeing that the provocation by the side of Kiev have again been intensified just recently (the same august `14 and January `15) , and I read General Breedlove not even an hour before giving his usual blabbing...

Google Translate :

NATO commander warns about the Russians

And look, Kiev complaining about the OCSE doing its job...

This is the result of reality and not fiction (a young boy who got wounded by Ukrainian artillery fire)...

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

What about RT? That's Russian state owned media that can affect you in the West. Just look at how many people on this site believe anything on RT because it's "alternative." Yet time and again RT gets caught lying and spreading disinformation. They've even had anchors quit because they couldn't stand all the lying anymore.

So to say that Putin's propaganda machine doesn't affect you in the West is a blatant lie when you're one of the people that treat RT as a trusted source.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

RT lies way less in a lot of matters as our Western media...and RT is aimed at giving news from outside Russia...filling in the blanks left out by our media...so anyone who reads Western media because he`s interested in what goes on in the World will get a lot better grasp on things when they have the additional information given by RT.

If our media was doing its job, there would not be a market for RT.

Our media should report on such things...

Poroshenko: the war will end when Donbas and Crimea are back in Ukraine

...a blatant declaration Kiev is the one not upholding itself to the Minsk agreements.

Edit : You mean this anchor quitting ?

How Cold War-Hungry Neocons Stage Managed RT Anchor Liz Wahl’s Resignation

...yup, it`s propaganda !
edit on 1 5 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Heck I started watching RT just for Max Kaiser to try and understand what the heck was going on .

Yup. I watch Max Kieser and Crosstalk on RT and that's it. I used to be a fan of Breaking The Set, but good god, Abby Martin started to foam at the mouth when ever she talked about 'Murica, so I had to drop home girl you could feel the vitriol.

As a previous posted said, you won't find a dissenting opinion about the government, you have to go to other media outlets for it. So sad

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Simple yes or no question. Do you believe that RT is used as a tool to spread Kremlin propaganda?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join