It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear of Outcomes: UFOlogy vs Astrobiology Distrust Explained

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa

Yes, a very good reason. I have no intention of revealing my identity to you. If you want to post your identity, go right ahead.

Then why brag about being a Mufon investigator involved in a high profile, nationally televised case?

I couldn't care less who you are.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

Then why brag about being a Mufon investigator involved in a high profile, nationally televised case?

Because he can and people will believe him and the people that know better can't do anything about it. Trolling 101

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

I don't blame anyone for not wanting to be ID'd on this sort of forum. There are creepers [I've had a few].

But in this case I think it's more about not wanting his claims to be vetted.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa

I'm not foolish enough to reveal someone's name on a message board. Just as I'm not foolish enough to go to the extent to give up information that could be researched as a poor attempt to "one up" someone. If that information is even true. I'll let you off the hook, Scdfa. Keep it to yourself, the accountable point is lost on you anyway.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I hope you weren't implying that I am debunker who never researches things?

And it's not always a case of :

People should just research for themselves and then choose to believe or not believe. And that's it.

I know you were are coming from. But sometimes it's not always a simple choice of believing or not believing. Sometimes it is case of "I don't know what to believe". Because the evidence simply isn't clear enough to form an opinion. It's not always easy sitting on the fence and can end up being a serious pain in the ass.

Most of those cases I listed actually intrigue me. Although the evidence doesn't necessarily point to aliens they are interesting puzzles. The Bob Taylor one is really weird.

So I do not rule out aliens visiting earth but the proof has always seemed elusive. I also think you know that too.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Ahh scdfella my old chum.

(Actually if you want me stop calling you that please say so. It's just ever since our bit of light hearted banter I have this sort of vision of you as looking like a sharp dressed Bob De Niro!) and I'm still in a fairly jovial mood today. But just say the word if it pees you off.

So anyway ;

Every person has their own evidentiary requirements, and they range from extremes. We would not be having this discussion otherwise, obviously. Some accept everything, some accept nothing. A scroll back through this thread or any other makes it clear that we treat the same evidence quite differently.

Yep you are bloody well right old chap. We all have different parameters of proof. I've said as much in other threads. Got me there. It all comes down to the individual at the end of the day.

As for those cases I listed. Well I'd say the Roswell case is not that convincing for aliens nor was the Ilkley Moor case. But there may be mileage in the others because I haven't done really serious investigation into all of them. Serious discussion on them though is for other threads. As the boys in U2 said many years ago "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For".

Mirageman will never convince everyone else of anything. Your hope is to convince any. Your best hope is to convince many.

Too true. Maybe you can convince me?

Have you started writing up that thread yet?

Regards MM

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I actually believe there is something going on within the UFO phenomenon and it's probably a number of different things.

So I'm not prepared to give up on the alien angle either if enough convincing evidence appears.

Well that's the thing isn't it? How in the world can anyone tell? Most of my efforts here are fending off ridiculous accusations. I am actually convinced that if there was some effort put in by the community that there would indeed be something interesting found. So I try to understand different angles and I mostly try to understand perception and misperceptions. That is all we really have to work with after all. Apparently that is taken as me calling people that see UFOs delusional. All I see is more ignorance breeding more ignorance and the feeding of this "mountain of evidence" illusion with more and more garbage. If there IS anything to this, there is very little hope of ever getting to the bottom of it because its buried under a mountain of ignorance.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TeaAndStrumpets

Very interesting post that probably would have made a good opening post to a thread on it's own.

On point 1 - I did conflate evidence with proof there. So I agree with your observations. Sometimes the words we write are not quite what we mean to say. I was not talking about being convinced of proof for UFOs. I accept UFOs exist. But that does not mean I accept they are alien spacecraft visiting this earth either.

Point 2 - Yes we could always do with being better informed in any topic. UFOs are probably the least of our worries in this wicked world we inhabit.

Point 3 - All interesting observations but you don't need to convince me UFOs exist. It's what they actually are that I am undecided on (although I think this was a more general point you were expressing.)

Point 4 -

if you saw it with your own eyes, would you believe it then?

Well that's an interesting point because I've also seen something like this whilst driving through the English countryside.

I wasn't wearing night vision but there was no sound. All the traffic in front of me was slowing down and there was a bright light with beams shooting down. Had I turned taken a turn off the road then I'd have been convinced I'd seen something unexplainable. But as I got closer it was apparent it was a Police Copter with a search beam and the sound could then be heard. Did that make me more sceptical. I don't know. Perhaps it did? I was quite gobsmacked until I realized what it was I was looking at. But afterwards maybe it has subconsciously made me more cynical that people really "know what they saw". Hmmm?

So I don't take any offence from your post because I think you offered much food for thought there.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

Yes, a very good reason. I have no intention of revealing my identity to you. If you want to post your identity, go right ahead.

I couldn't care less who you are.

And I could care less that you are.

I'm well entitled to discuss my relevant credentials without exposing my personal identity.

I am willing to discuss the case in further detail, if someone wants to ask me about it nicely.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

originally posted by: draknoir2

a reply to: Ectoplasm8

By the way Scdfa- You mentioned you were/are a field investigator for MUFON and reported on a case in 2000 where it was carried on nationwide TV. Would that be the floating triangle seen by police officers in early 2000? I linked a YouTube video of it on page 4.

No, I was not involved with that sighting. My interview, as I stated, involved a spate of sightings, not a single event.

Any particular reason you can't be more specific?

I think I revealed why but the post was removed. Every May 6th I notice my posts are removed from the night before. I think its a glitch in the system. Very strange.

Your posts were removed because you were vulgar and violated the terms and conditions. Did you honestly not know that?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ectoplasm8

I'm not foolish enough to reveal someone's name on a message board. Just as I'm not foolish enough to go to the extent to give up information that could be researched as a poor attempt to "one up" someone. If that information is even true. I'll let you off the hook, Scdfa. Keep it to yourself, the accountable point is lost on you anyway.

Don't do me any favors. Thanks.
edit on 6-5-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

Yes we have a number of posters on here who are convinced we are being visited by aliens and seem to take the high ground. They imply that the non-believers are lacking the intelligence to examine the evidence and see it their way.

But do they ever consider that they we are not being visited and UFOs are not alien spacecraft?

We have a number of posters who aren't convinced of any ET contact, and perhaps never will be, until the proverbial landing on the lawn of the Chinese Chairman's residence

Do they ever consider that maybe once or twice a UFO case really is/was something out of this world?

edit on 6/5/15 by mirageman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
That's a lie

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

Ahh scdfella my old chum.

(Actually if you want me stop calling you that please say so. It's just ever since our bit of light hearted banter I have this sort of vision of you as looking like a sharp dressed Bob De Niro!) and I'm still in a fairly jovial mood today. But just say the word if it pees you off.

So anyway ;

Every person has their own evidentiary requirements, and they range from extremes. We would not be having this discussion otherwise, obviously. Some accept everything, some accept nothing. A scroll back through this thread or any other makes it clear that we treat the same evidence quite differently.

Yep you are bloody well right old chap. We all have different parameters of proof. I've said as much in other threads. Got me there. It all comes down to the individual at the end of the day.

As for those cases I listed. Well I'd say the Roswell case is not that convincing for aliens nor was the Ilkley Moor case. But there may be mileage in the others because I haven't done really serious investigation into all of them. Serious discussion on them though is for other threads. As the boys in U2 said many years ago "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For".

Mirageman will never convince everyone else of anything. Your hope is to convince any. Your best hope is to convince many.

Too true. Maybe you can convince me?

Have you started writing up that thread yet?

Regards MM

Scdfella is fine, I like it!

As to convincing you?
Nah, man, that ain't gonna happen. You're not as uninformed as a lot of these people, you know a lot of these cases well enough. If you can't tell by now that this is real, I sure can't help. The problem is on your end of the connection.

And don't get me wrong, not everybody can deal with this being real, I get that.

And nobody wants it to be these aliens, but, it is these aliens.

What puzzle me most about people who deny, or are on the fence, is this:

Between govt whistleblowers and documentation, especially released under FOIA, there is no denying that our military and intelligence treat UFOs with the highest level of secrecy and military response.

If true, aliens and abductions pose the greatest threat to our survival that has ever been.

So do you people lack any semblance of a survival mechanism?

At what point does it kick in, then?

You'd think a seventy year alien invasion and takeover might trigger some kind of a response in sane, rational people.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
That's a lie

I only tell the truth. Go back to the last page, page 8, and go down to the ninth post.

Here's what it says where your post used to be:

"(post by ZetaRediculian removed for a manners violation)"

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

You'd think a seventy year alien invasion and takeover might trigger some kind of a response in sane, rational people.

Oh yes.

It kicked in when I realized that I was wrong about how I was narrating to myself what I was perceiving, and that if I were to remain as any sort of person that I could believe in as rational and sane, that I had better start getting honest with myself.

Have you ever experienced sleep paralysis, Scdfa?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Sorry, I honestly don't see it. Maybe its because I'm on a Windows phone? Probably a glitch. It happens.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I'm well entitled to discuss my relevant credentials without exposing my personal identity.

You could have a mod verify your credentials. They can do that.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

Oh yes.

It kicked in when I realized that I was wrong about how I was narrating to myself what I was perceiving, and that if I were to remain as any sort of person that I could believe in as rational and sane, that I had better start getting honest with myself.

Have you ever experienced sleep paralysis, Scdfa?

LOL sleep paralysis, the excuse du jour. The latest in a never ending series of inadequate and unworkable attempts to explain away alien abductions.

Unfortunately for that theory, most abductees are wide awake and not even in bed when they are taken. People are abducted from worksites, and very often when driving in their cars. And everyone in the car with them is taken as well. People are abducted in front of witnesses, and in broad daylight. Groups of people are abducted together. Or are those just cases of some new form of spontaneous synchronistic non-sleeping sleep paralysis?

If sleep paralysis Is the explanation you're clinging to, then you're only lying to yourself, I'm afraid.

But to answer your question, no, I've never experienced sleep paralysis. Have you experienced having an alien ship land in your backyard in the middle of the afternoon, and aliens come into your house and round up your entire family, then take you all away in their ship?

That I have experienced.
edit on 6-5-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

But to answer your question, no, I've never experienced sleep paralysis. Have you experienced having an alien ship land in your backyard in the middle of the afternoon, and aliens come into your house and round up your entire family, then take you all away in their ship?

Absolutely. The gangly pale white-bluish ones. But it was about 11:30ish and I chased them off before they could abduct anyone.

My mom remembers and everything.

edit on 6-5-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join