It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear of Outcomes: UFOlogy vs Astrobiology Distrust Explained

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Don't beat yourself up.

out of curiosity, did you use a pee wee voice when that retort came to you?

I mean its impossible to have an adult conversation with you if all you bring to the table is immature comments.
edit on 4-5-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa
What jadestar has written is simply a whole lot of nonsense.
First of all:
Ufology only exists because mainstream academic science completely failed to even address the issue.
That's the long and short of it.
People who have encountered alien ships, and aliens themselves have been shunned for seventy years by "science".
These people have been ignored, ridiculed, and explained away at every turn by her vaunted scientists. And these people number in the millions, from all walks of life, from Presidents and astronauts, pilots and police officers, from high ranking military personnel down to the rest of us.
Scientists somehow ignored what these millions of people have had to say, yet jade would have you believe that they will find the answers.
Pure manure. They won't even ask the questions.
The few scientists who did look into UFOs were all on the government payroll, and were hired to essentially lie about the situation to the public.
The rest of the scientists got the message and kept their mouths shut, and stayed as far away from UFOs as they could, rather than risk losing government contracts, tenure, their jobs, and academic standing.
They knew that was the official position, and it has been treated like the third rail ever since.
Scientists have run from the subject of UFOs and alien abductions like cowards.
And not because they think there is nothing to it, but because they know how very seriously the military and intelligence community take the issue.
As a result, everyday people have had to step in to fill the void, and that's the only reason ufology exists at all.
All this talk of "astrobiology" is a joke.
Show me one astrobiologist who understands grey aliens as well as Budd Hopkins did. And he was an abstract artist by profession, for god's sake.
Jadestar's "science" has failed. It has failed us all, in fact. Badly. Perhaps irreparably.
We live in an era of alien contact. Some know this, some don't.
Jade and her scientists don't even WANT to know.

My thoughts also,

I read this OP without noticing the author and while reading I can immediately see that they have NEVER seen a bonafide unexplained UFO themselves, by observing their spoken position and attitude about this subject matter, and that this was just a thread expressing frustration and also one which is attempting to reinforce all of the falsehoods that propaganda about ufology always attempts to do. The media does this to this very day themselves. (Pretend no evidence exists, and only quote and promote the ridicule based conclusions.)

It does this by ignoring all the actual facts and real evidence that has been seen in books, witness testimonies from highly reputable sources, unexplained and un debunked video footage and images, and evidence presented in all the, now, declassified documents available from not just the USA, but most other countries as well.

I have also observed that many of those who follow the same path the OP does, all share some common traits in how they perceive and believe things, or not believe things that they do not understand, and one factor seems to be a philosophical one which clashes with their idea of extraterrestrial visitation being even a possibility.

Another important factor is aptitude. Not everyone has the wherewithal to know about certain subjects, even the infamous debunker category of individuals who have good educations and backgrounds which they (and the media) use to paint themselves credible experts about unexplained phenomenon, but they do this without noticing they have philosophical voids or issues which many people can see about them, but they don't realize themselves that these things are easily noticeable in how they present their viewpoints to a sometimes unwitting public.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I have also observed that many of those who follow the same path the OP does, all share some common traits in how they perceive and believe things, or not believe things that they do not understand, and one factor seems to be a philosophical one which clashes with their idea of extraterrestrial visitation being even a possibility.

One thing I have observed amongst your type is that they seem to observe things that aren't there which is the primary reason I believe there is nothing there to begin with. Who has said alien visitation is not possible? What "philosophical factor" are you talking about? Of course alien visitation is possible and of course it could have occurred. Its just that none of your "observations" can be verified or are just plain made up in order to verify your own beliefs.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
The media does this to this very day themselves. (Pretend no evidence exists, and only quote and promote the ridicule based conclusions.)

I guess you don't get SyFy, The Discovery Channel, The History Channel, The Science Channel...

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

The media does this to this very day themselves. (Pretend no evidence exists, and only quote and promote the ridicule based conclusions.)

I guess you don't get SyFy, The Discovery Channel, The History Channel, The Science Channel...

I think he is pointing out that none of those media channels with the 100 or so "alien documentaries" and TV shows should be taken seriously.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

I think he is pointing out that none of those media channels with the 100 or so "alien documentaries" and TV shows should be taken seriously.

Even Survivorman is hunting Bigfoot now.

About time.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Even Survivorman is hunting Bigfoot now.

About time.

that's old news....which one is real?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

that's old news....which one is real?

This one.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Don't beat yourself up.

out of curiosity, did you use a pee wee voice when that retort came to you?

I mean its impossible to have an adult conversation with you if all you bring to the table is immature comments.

Who are you kidding? Your comments that I was responding to were childish and offensive, don't pretend you can take the high road. You are the lowest common denominator. Stop trying to have a conversation with me at all, I've asked you to stop talking to me and about me a dozen times, but you're obsessed with me. You've never added anything, and I hold you in very low regard. We've been over this. Please just troll along and stalk somebody else. Thanks.
edit on 4-5-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

with those channels you've chosen above, all of them have shown the AVRO craft, as if that propeller-driven, barely-above-ground, slow-moving, wind-pusher, is related to the UFO's people have seen. then they go through the process of showing youtube videos with CGI, blimps, and the stealth bomber and fighter. and for a real treat, they will show the process of throwing up a pie-plate on scratchy black and white film to simulate UFO's....I could go on, but, you get my drift
edit on 4-5-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa
What jadestar has written is simply a whole lot of nonsense.
First of all:
Ufology only exists because mainstream academic science completely failed to even address the issue.
That's the long and short of it.
People who have encountered alien ships, and aliens themselves have been shunned for seventy years by "science".
These people have been ignored, ridiculed, and explained away at every turn by her vaunted scientists. And these people number in the millions, from all walks of life, from Presidents and astronauts, pilots and police officers, from high ranking military personnel down to the rest of us.
Scientists somehow ignored what these millions of people have had to say, yet jade would have you believe that they will find the answers.
Pure manure. They won't even ask the questions.
The few scientists who did look into UFOs were all on the government payroll, and were hired to essentially lie about the situation to the public.
The rest of the scientists got the message and kept their mouths shut, and stayed as far away from UFOs as they could, rather than risk losing government contracts, tenure, their jobs, and academic standing.
They knew that was the official position, and it has been treated like the third rail ever since.
Scientists have run from the subject of UFOs and alien abductions like cowards.
And not because they think there is nothing to it, but because they know how very seriously the military and intelligence community take the issue.
As a result, everyday people have had to step in to fill the void, and that's the only reason ufology exists at all.
All this talk of "astrobiology" is a joke.
Show me one astrobiologist who understands grey aliens as well as Budd Hopkins did. And he was an abstract artist by profession, for god's sake.
Jadestar's "science" has failed. It has failed us all, in fact. Badly. Perhaps irreparably.
We live in an era of alien contact. Some know this, some don't.
Jade and her scientists don't even WANT to know.

My thoughts also,

I read this OP without noticing the author and while reading I can immediately see that they have NEVER seen a bonafide unexplained UFO themselves, by observing their spoken position and attitude about this subject matter, and that this was just a thread expressing frustration and also one which is attempting to reinforce all of the falsehoods that propaganda about ufology always attempts to do. The media does this to this very day themselves. (Pretend no evidence exists, and only quote and promote the ridicule based conclusions.)

It does this by ignoring all the actual facts and real evidence that has been seen in books, witness testimonies from highly reputable sources, unexplained and un debunked video footage and images, and evidence presented in all the, now, declassified documents available from not just the USA, but most other countries as well.

Another important factor is aptitude. Not everyone has the wherewithal to know about certain subjects, even the infamous debunker category of individuals who have good educations and backgrounds which they (and the media) use to paint themselves credible experts about unexplained phenomenon, but they do this without noticing they have philosophical voids or issues which many people can see about them, but they don't realize themselves that these things are easily noticeable in how they present their viewpoints to a sometimes unwitting public.

Bravo. Beautifully said.

I see a psychological issue as the only explanation for the mountains of compelling evidence these people are willing to ignore entirely, or write of as "unsubstantiated" or "unverified". As if there were an authority that weighed UFO evidence and decided for them.

It's partially a herd mentality, partially social conditioning, and a whole lot of good old fashioned fear.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yes there ARE mountains of evidence but the problem is sifting through it to find that one case that could be verifiable and undeniable.

So give us your best shot? Which UFO case do you think has the best evidence for proof of aliens?

Socorro? Roswell? Shag Harbour? The Hills Abduction? Travis Walton? Hudson Valley? Varghina? Wot?

And Scdfella thanks for more info about that craft. Very interesting. Was this around the same time as the Zamora craft was reported (mid-1960s)? Did it have similar markings on it? When are you going to do a thread on it?

edit on 4/5/15 by mirageman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa

I really have no idea what I have done to offend you. I have been as polite as possible with you. I have no problem ignoring you but you seem to want to engage with me at every turn. Again, the post you responded to had nothing to do with you. I am all for intelligent discussion which I have tried repeatedly. So I will ask you kindly to stop engaging me with immature insults. If you would like to have a mature, intelligent discussion, then please do so. If you would like to continue to insult me, then I will continue to ignore you. And please, leave me out of your delusions.

I think your issue with me is that your insults have absolutely zero effect on me and that I will not get rattled or bullied by you.
edit on 4-5-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa

I see a psychological issue as the only explanation for the mountains of compelling evidence these people are willing to ignore entirely, or write of as "unsubstantiated" or "unverified". As if there were an authority that weighed UFO evidence and decided for them.

It is unsubstantiated and there doesn't need to be an authority to understand that this "mountain of compelling evidence" lacks any actuality. Its a mountain made of vapor.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I think your issue with me is that your insults have absolutely zero effect on me and that I will not get rattled or bullied by you.

It's not just you.

Posts full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Varghina?

I have to ask. How exactly do you pronounce that?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

Vahr-zhee-nyah

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

It's not just you.

Posts full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Oh I know. Around the time you were working with the Air Force, I was working in crisis intervention programs with mentally disabled children. I was called every name in the book, attacked, bitten, had everything thrown at me you could think of, spit on.... they were actually retarded so I couldn't take it personally. So what I learned very early on was that the more someone insults and attacks me, the less personally I take it because they could be retarded.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

Vahr-zhee-nyah

You can rent a car at the Varginha Hertz located at the airport [VAG].

brazil.rentalcars24h.com...

edit on 4-5-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

Vahr-zhee-nyah

For realz? I guess I was way off.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join