It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear of Outcomes: UFOlogy vs Astrobiology Distrust Explained

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
a reply to: Scdfa

Budd Hopkin's assistant...forum troll....same difference.

At least he didn't say David "Chastity Belt" Jacobs. #pantycollector.

edit on 2-5-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

the taste of human experience might be wide and varied , and like earlier approaches to this I suggest that some obsevers might not make emotive driven discernment to such activity's in all their mundane seeming, besides aliens might be hot for bargain basement shopping too . im sure ive seen a few in Poundland. in fact certain of it

funbox

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
three phrases come to mind:
1...multiple people of one sighting
2...instant change of direction or stop/start
3...unreal speed
all three of these have for decades been reported, by thousands of people all over the world...from "goobers" to "rocket scientists"

What about those three strings of words do you find interesting?

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

I'm a MUFON field investigator and I have worked with Budd Hopkins.

You pulled that out of your butt just now after months of rants?

If he is a MUFON investigator two things jump out:

1) Their standards are incredibly low (but I already knew that).
2) He must have been trained by someone.

At the risk of making yet another thread about him I wonder who trained him and what they think of him?

I noticed he got really quiet when I showed him the signed books Stanton Friedman and Kathleen Marden sent me. I could have showed him the signed SETI 2020 and Confessions of an Alien Hunter books from Seth Shostak but my point was already made. I can have a conversation with either of them and not be out of my depth. I somehow doubt Scdfa could say the same.

Tsk.Tsk, Jade. It's a little sad to see you fall from your self-anointed role of young scientist to just another lowly internet troll insulting my intelligence and capabilities. But I guess your true colors have come out in the wash.

You actually claim to be more intelligent than me in this post, that I would be out of my depth to have a conversation with Stanton Friedman, and you, of course, would not.

You even state that that the MUFON branch I am associated with is disappointed in me. Or that they have a low standard for allowing me in.

You're better than that, jade, you don't have to sink to that level.

I'll take the high road on your insults. Nothing make a person look less intelligent than defending his intelligence.

I will ask you this:

In 2000, when I was doing an interview with a CBS affiliate which ran nationally on CBS News, regarding an investigation I led into a spate of local sightings, what were you doing?

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

People like Dolan and Friedman may have once had noble intentions but are financially dependent on the UFO topic as well.

This is a specious argument, mirageman.

My doctor is financially dependent on his specialty, too, but it doesn't mean his diagnosis is wrong.

Or does ufology only count if you're an unpaid amateur?

You may be confusing ufology with NCAA basketball.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I am wondering when people will start to think zombies are real and there are zombie hunters and forums and tv shows devoted to "real zombie stories".

Hmm... well, let's see...

Maybe when zombies show up at the White House, like UFOs did?

Or when the US Air Force announces they have retrieved zombies from a crash site in the desert?

Or when astronauts and presidents state publicly that they have seen zombies?

Or when the defense department spends decades launching public investigation after investigation about zombies?

edit on 2-5-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: funbox

And now they supposedly shop late nights at Walmart with "hybrid children"....

can I just pick up on this a sec, as to me it makes sense

a hybridised race ? for what ? maybe as a bridge race , exposure to two sides of a coin would be a learning experience for both parties wouldn't it ? everyday activity's like shopping could be baffler ling to far advanced species , arnt their such examples here on earth , where we're not quite sure how a few of our ancient monoliths were created?.

wouldn't a bridge race be a suitable vessel for experiencing first hand ,such informational gaps between civilisations ?

funbox

Sure. Anything is possible... But really, walmart?

Don't be dissing Walmart. I'm in their parking lot right now.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

My doctor is financially dependent on his specialty, too, but it doesn't mean his diagnosis is wrong.

You could get a second opinion. You could complain and sue for malpractice. Professions like doctors require that standards are met. With ufology, you just get insulted on an internet forum.

ufology has a long way to go before it counts. paid or not.

you are just confused

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa

I'm sure I'm not the only MUFON field investigator on ATS.
I started working with MUFON back in the year 2000, when most of these trolls were still just disappointing their parents.

Don't take them seriously, funbox, no one does.

[quote/]most trolls know how to quote[quit]

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

You could start with examining ground samples from where the alien ships landed when they abducted us, for one. But you guys are the scientists, shouldn't you have thought of that?

Hold on you are a MUFON investigator aren't you? So I assume you can provide more information on cases where ships have landed and people have been abducted? I always assumed you were beamed up by a particle disintegration/reassembler type device. But no the aliens really set down on Terra Firma and then what?

edit on 2/5/15 by mirageman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

a reply to: mirageman

People like Dolan and Friedman may have once had noble intentions but are financially dependent on the UFO topic as well.

This is a specious argument, mirageman.

You have misquoted me (something you yourself often complain about when you are misquoted).

I actually wrote:

People like Dolan and Friedman may have once had noble intentions but are financially dependent on the UFO topic as well. So, yes, with a dearth of any really interesting 21st century cases to look into they are confined to trotting out the same old lines and perhaps adding a little new wrinkle every now and again.

Basically what I was saying is that Friedman and Dolan don't really have any new work coming along so are stuck on repeat.

If you want to use your doctor analogy then it's a bit like him telling you he was "running out of patients". He may well have used a similar phrase to you during one of his spot on diagnoses.

edit on 2/5/15 by mirageman because:

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

originally posted by: funbox

And now they supposedly shop late nights at Walmart with "hybrid children"....

can I just pick up on this a sec, as to me it makes sense

a hybridised race ? for what ? maybe as a bridge race , exposure to two sides of a coin would be a learning experience for both parties wouldn't it ? everyday activity's like shopping could be baffler ling to far advanced species , arnt their such examples here on earth , where we're not quite sure how a few of our ancient monoliths were created?.

wouldn't a bridge race be a suitable vessel for experiencing first hand ,such informational gaps between civilisations ?

funbox

Sure. Anything is possible... But really, walmart?

Don't be dissing Walmart. I'm in their parking lot right now.

Spot any 'brids?
If so let me know. lol

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

You could start with examining ground samples from where the alien ships landed when they abducted us, for one. But you guys are the scientists, shouldn't you have thought of that?

Hold on you are a MUFON investigator aren't you? So I assume you can provide more information on cases where ships have landed and people have been abducted? I always assumed you were beamed up by a particle disintegration/reassembler type device. But no the aliens really set down on Terra Firma and then what?

Well, if you really want to know, yes, during one encounter, the alien vehicle actually landed in our backyard, in 1972. By the time I saw it, it had landed, on legs, a hatch type doorway was open, and two alien beings of very different types were walking across the lawn to our house, while a third being waited by the vehicle.

It was a smaller craft, shaped like an egg upright, basically. Not large at all, but large enough for three of them and four of us. Maybe the size of a Winnebago, up on its end, but shorter, much fatter and round. Silver metallic chrome.
Remember those old 1950s gulfstream trailers? Here's a picture of one:

www.arizonafoothillsmagazine.com...

Picture this, but upright, egg shaped and fatter in the middle, on three steel legs with circles cut out of the beams. That's pretty close, the chrome finish is the same. I could see our house reflected off its surface. The majority of the door opened up like the hatchback of a minivan, but the lower third of the door was opened down and served as a step or ramp into the ship.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Tsk.Tsk, Jade. It's a little sad to see you fall from your self-anointed role of young scientist to just another lowly internet troll insulting my intelligence and capabilities. But I guess your true colors have come out in the wash.

I wasn't insulting your capabilities. I was questioning MUFON's judgement:

Listen to this guy, he'll explain why...

You even state that that the MUFON branch I am associated with is disappointed in me. Or that they have a low standard for allowing me in.

They do have low standards. They're not a scientific organization. I have shown that they spend the majority of their money on their storytelling "MUFON Journal" and their storytelling "MUFON Symposium".

I have done this with their own tax records. Have you seen them? They're a joke:

I will ask you this:

In 2000, when I was doing an interview with a CBS affiliate which ran nationally on CBS News, regarding an investigation I led into a spate of local sightings, what were you doing?

Um....memorizing the 88 constellations and going to kindergarten?

edit on 2-5-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Sorry I don't have any memory of 1950s gulfstream trailers. Not being around at the time. Maybe I've seen them on TV and never consciously thought about it.

You really need to write up your own thread scdfella instead of drip feeding tiny bits of info.

But is this 'digital representation' of an egg shaped craft close to what you are describing?

edit on 2/5/15 by mirageman because: ty

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

Well, if you really want to know, yes, during one encounter, the alien vehicle actually landed in our backyard, in 1972. By the time I saw it, it had landed, on legs, a hatch type doorway was open, and two alien beings of very different types were walking across the lawn to our house, while a third being waited by the vehicle.

It was a smaller craft, shaped like an egg upright, basically. Not large at all, but large enough for three of them and four of us. Maybe the size of a Winnebago, up on its end, but shorter, much fatter and round. Silver metallic chrome.
Remember those old 1950s gulfstream trailers? Here's a picture of one:

www.arizonafoothillsmagazine.com...

Picture this, but upright, egg shaped and fatter in the middle, on three steel legs with circles cut out of the beams. That's pretty close, the chrome finish is the same. I could see our house reflected off its surface. The majority of the door opened up like the hatchback of a minivan, but the lower third of the door was opened down and served as a step or ramp into the ship.

Lonnie Zamora? Is that you?

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Here's a very British way of looking at this topic.

But forget the humour. Because in the spirit of fairness I also think Mr Dolan and Mr Friedman articulate themselves well in these shortish videos below. As does Seth Shostak in the final one.

They may not be able to give us a UFO in hangar or a frozen alien body but they all have an ability to engage ordinary people into this fascinating topic. Perhaps if the scientific and UFO communities find some common ground they could remove the chaff (of which there is still an awful lot) and reach the mutual objective to prove aliens are out there.

edit on 2/5/15 by mirageman because: fixed video link

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Perhaps if the scientific and UFO communities find some common ground they could remove the chaff (of which there is still an awful lot) and reach the mutual objective to prove aliens are out there.

I believe it would be a golden opportunity to crowdfund a network of meteor cameras, nee other instruments like what Bigelow was looking at. If you pitched it as a electro optical detection method for low flying aircraft/non correlated radar targets, you might get some $$$ from the Homeland Security guys.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Lonnie Zamora? Is that you?

Noooooo JadeStar, he's closer to this:

YouTube

Watch it all...
edit on 2-5-2015 by Ectoplasm8 because: Clarity

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Disagree if you want to, but he has really added nothing to a very serious, real life situation that borders on crisis.

Yeah. The emdrive stuff could be attributed to Trickster type effects. Eric Davis already ran into *something* out in Unitah while working for Bigelow. Someone should get a thermal camera and go hunting for IR anomalies in the lab. This could be another Livermore Incident. If the physicists start seeing weird stuff, we should be ready to move fast. If we play by the rules of the game, we lose. We need to start cheating and go after things aggressively.

Also this should have set off alarms in any long term monitoring of our communications networks the OPFOR are presumably running. Also rising tensions all over the place. So in theory we present an increasing attractive target for another in situ monitoring/sampling run - or more. The exeunt UFOlogy networks are not going to be up to the task if we get another shot at major flaps.

Scdfa, why hasn't anyone used you as bait?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join