It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear of Outcomes: UFOlogy vs Astrobiology Distrust Explained

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
a reply to: Scdfa

I'm well entitled to discuss my relevant credentials without exposing my personal identity.

You could have a mod verify your credentials. They can do that.

I'll bear that I mind if I ever feel the need to prove myself to you.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

Yes we have a number of posters on here who are convinced we are being visited by aliens and seem to take the high ground. They imply that the non-believers are lacking the intelligence to examine the evidence and see it their way.

But do they ever consider that they we are not being visited and UFOs are not alien spacecraft?

We have a number of posters who aren't convinced of any ET contact, and perhaps never will be, until the proverbial landing on the lawn of the Chinese Chairman's residence

Do they ever consider that maybe once or twice a UFO case really is/was something out of this world?

True but no matter how open minded I try to be or whatever, Im still considered Satan by one group...I mean Hynek and Valee are considered disinformation agents?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa

originally posted by: draknoir2

Yes, a very good reason. I have no intention of revealing my identity to you. If you want to post your identity, go right ahead.

Then why brag about being a Mufon investigator involved in a high profile, nationally televised case?

I couldn't care less who you are.

And I could care less that you are.

I'm well entitled to discuss my relevant credentials without exposing my personal identity.

I am willing to discuss the case in further detail, if someone wants to ask me about it nicely.

Why not pretend to be an astronaut? Then we would all be obligated to accept anything you might have to say on the subject of Aliens as the gospel truth.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

But to answer your question, no, I've never experienced sleep paralysis. Have you experienced having an alien ship land in your backyard in the middle of the afternoon, and aliens come into your house and round up your entire family, then take you all away in their ship?

Absolutely. The gangly pale white-bluish ones. But it was about 11:30ish and I chased them off before they could abduct anyone.

My mom remembers and everything.

Sounds like a textbook case of sleep paralysis.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

But to answer your question, no, I've never experienced sleep paralysis. Have you experienced having an alien ship land in your backyard in the middle of the afternoon, and aliens come into your house and round up your entire family, then take you all away in their ship?

Absolutely. The gangly pale white-bluish ones. But it was about 11:30ish and I chased them off before they could abduct anyone.

I had something that looked sort of like this standing at my bedroom door a week or so ago.

It was pretty vivid.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I had something that looked sort of like this standing at my bedroom door a week or so ago.

It was pretty vivid.

That episode nearly did me in when I was eight.
edit on 6-5-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I'll bear that I mind if I ever feel the need to prove myself to you.

You proved yourself to me a long time ago.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Yes, a very good reason. I have no intention of revealing my identity to you. If you want to post your identity, go right ahead.

Then why brag about being a Mufon investigator involved in a high profile, nationally televised case?

I am willing to discuss the case in further detail, if someone wants to ask me about it nicely.

Why not pretend to be an astronaut? Then we would all be obligated to accept anything you might have to say on the subject of Aliens as the gospel truth.

I'll leave the pretending to you, dreknoir2.

Like when you edited my writing to change the entire meaning, and you posted it, pretending it was my quote.

Then you pretended that was acceptable.

After that incident, I find you rather contemptible.

If I said otherwise, I'd be pretending.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I'll leave the pretending to you, dreknoir2.

Like when you edited my writing to change the entire meaning, and you posted it, pretending it was my quote.

Then you pretended that was acceptable.

After that incident, I find you rather contemptible.

If I said otherwise, I'd be pretending.

I remember that post. It just keeps on giving.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I have a feeling all your knowledge of Sleep Paralysis comes from Budd Hopkins. SP does exist outside of ufology as do other psychological phenomenon. Its really strange that nothing psychological occurs when UFOs appear.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I have a feeling all your knowledge of Sleep Paralysis comes from Budd Hopkins. SP does exist outside of ufology as do other psychological phenomenon. Its really strange that nothing psychological occurs when UFOs appear.

Please stop talking to me. Or use vulgar language in all your posts so they remove those too. Thanks in advance.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

It's true, though.

Even the OP, JadeStar, has experienced SP. It's what links us altogether regardless of how we choose to tell ourselves the story of what we are seeing and experiencing.

I have met two sorts of people in this "business" that we all engage in here: the ones that "have" SP, in other words, they know what it is and realize they are part of that population, and those that say that they don't.

I have come to learn that the ETH believers that say that they do not experience SP can at times be impossible to deal with. Either because they have authentically never had the experience and desperately want that sort of thing, or they do have the classic SP experience and refuse to join the rest of us in figuring out what it is and they dig in their heels on some baroque belief or another about aliens.

That must be an increasingly small and lonely place to be in in 2015 when the future is looking so bright.

edit on 6-5-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I hope you weren't implying that I am debunker who never researches things?

And it's not always a case of :

People should just research for themselves and then choose to believe or not believe. And that's it.

I know you were are coming from. But sometimes it's not always a simple choice of believing or not believing. Sometimes it is case of "I don't know what to believe". Because the evidence simply isn't clear enough to form an opinion. It's not always easy sitting on the fence and can end up being a serious pain in the ass.

Most of those cases I listed actually intrigue me. Although the evidence doesn't necessarily point to aliens they are interesting puzzles. The Bob Taylor one is really weird.

So I do not rule out aliens visiting earth but the proof has always seemed elusive. I also think you know that too.

I wasn't implying you being that way.. I also thought of a case which to me, if I was looking for proof of alien visitation, that this one would be it for me. The case of Stephen Michalak in Manitoba Canada in 1967. He was known as a totally honest man and since the even he has passed away, I think in 2008 or maybe 2011.

I'm sure you will remember it.
He was on a documentary and spoke of it, and he had assumed from the start that it was some secret NASA vehicle. He also told of the craft opening up a door which opened like a camera iris, and a bright light like welding light (UV) shining from inside and he stated and did an impersonation of what he heard coming from inside like voices except in a totally alien sounds like what you might expect to hear if you were trying to create an alien sound from your imagination.

Reality actually mimicking our own expectation of what that might sound like is strange unto itself. I have the documentary and might be able to record a snippet of his impersonation of the alien voices. It's bizarre for sure.

He flipped his goggle shaded visor down to look inside as it was hurting his eyes, and then after bit it closed up and rotated till a rectangle shaped vent was directed at him and it blasted heat out which caught his shirt on fire.

In case you haven't seen this case (I'm sure you know this case though) it is one of the best cases I know of, and it left him seriously injured, and the injury of burns would heal, but then return years later intermittently and the same burns would reappear again, as if they had just happened, even with the passage of years gone by. Plus his son elaborated in a recent documentary that his Dad reeked of a burnt electrical motor ozone smell whenever the burns would re-manifest themselves.
Highly strange case.

Having weighed all the information from this case, I had the strong impression that this case is an actual case of Alien visitation, although it is clear that some people just refuse to be able to entertain this as a possibility, let alone a reality. To me this is because of the spiritual development and social aspects of people in general, which in my opinion gives a powerful need in some not to be able to handle such a thing being real because of the implications and what they will do to that person's belief system and such.

(This is not a put down to people that this may happen to, nor is it me elevating myself above them just because I can see it taking place). (Unfortunately, whenever someone speaks of perceiving things like this about others, those who have issues themselves with understanding such things will go out of their way to bash that conclusion, and troll posters suggesting that). It is human nature and not difficult to understand why people do it, and they resent someone suggesting that they aren't bound by those same psychological limitations themselves, and take it as demeaning in nature.

As you said, proof has been elusive, but as Scdfa said before, All of the best cases added together, being just evidence on their own, but to me, all together they become undeniable proof. This is my opinion. Although I don't just believe in visitation anymore, because of things I have seen, and people I know in government, some being close family friends, all add up to my need for proof being satisfied. I know we are being visited for a fact. And I am not saying that this means others have to believe me, because it isn't about that. I BELIEVE ME, and that is all that matters.

Others might say: He doesn't know it for a fact, he just believes it. Wrong, I do know it for a fact. The only way to come to grips with this lies within the path each person journeys on for themselves. Since no one besides you can have your mind within themselves, it is a doubt within themselves, not the person who knows what they cannot un-know.

Scdfa said it perfectly for me: No single case being proof, but all of them together are enough to become proof enough for me. It works because people have varying degrees of perception and understanding, and aptitude about particular facets of human behavior coupled with their own levels of awareness.. Maybe it is a lucky roll of the dice for certain awareness categories of the mind? I don't struggle with these things and they are usually very clear to me of what is happening.

edit on 6-5-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Please stop talking to me. Or use vulgar language in all your posts so they remove those too. Thanks in advance.

Im confused. When did I use vulgar language or have my posts removed? And I have no problem with not talking to you since I'm not actually talking to you. Out of curiosity, do you hear a voice when you read my posts?

But honestly, don't you find it strange how psychology doesn't exist in ufology? Its like it doesn't exist and never has. People can leave their bodies and see all sorts of things and they even have a word called "hallucinations" to describe this phenomenon but when the thing they see is egg shaped, its called an alien space ship
pretty much every time. Weird huh? Any on topic comments?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed
www.theironskeptic.com...

The officer asks what is wrong, and Michalak states that the officer ought to stay away because he may be radioactive or contagious or something. The officer noted that although he couldn’t smell alcohol on Michalak, he looked rather drunk, with bloodshot eyes. He also refused to answer direct questions coherently. He showed the Mountie his burned hat, but when the officer asked him why his head was not burned, he refused to answer. He also refused to allow the officer to look at his shirt, which the Mountie had noted was burned. Michalak appeared to have, in the words of the police report, “had taken a black substances, possibly wood ashes, and rubbed it on his chest.” At no time did Michalak allow the officer to get close enough to see whether or not he was really burned, and when he was asked questions like “if touching the spaceship was hot enough to melt your glove, why isn’t your hand burned?” he sullenly refused to answer. He was kind enough to make a sketch of the spaceship for the officer, despite the fact that he claims he made one while actually at the lake. Why didn't he just pull that one out and show it to the Mountie? Just another unanswered, unanswerable, question.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I haver met two sorts of people in this "business" that we all engage in here: the ones that "have" SP, in other words, they know what it is and realize they are part of that population, and theose that say that they don't.

Then meet a third sort - one who has had a "textbook" SP-like experience, recognizes it as such, and yet is unconvinced that is the only possible explanation.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Dbl post
edit on 6-5-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

Then meet a third sort - one who has had a "textbook" SP-like experience, recognizes it as such, and yet is unconvinced that is the only possible explanation.

Yeah I gotta admit that's pretty #in cool.

I would love to hear your thoughts on it, or if you could direct me to some post/s...

BTW: My thing is not so much the SP as much as what has come to be called the "narrative comprehension network", of which the temporal lobes are the centerpiece. I use SP in the same way that investigators might ask: "Where did the bad man touch you?"

edit on 6-5-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

This was my latest one which I referred to earlier.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 09:24 AM

a reply to: Unity_99
This might be a little off topic, but I had a profound dream experience last night which I usually label "Sleep Paralysis"...first episode in over 2 years. I even saw the "Old Hag"! I was walking around in my dream body and attempting to wake up my wife by shaking her and telling her to wake me up. I was convinced that my dream body was real enough to wake her up and I attempted this several times! The "Old Hag" came in my room and told me to keep it down as she was a guest there and was trying to sleep! Then there was this memory (that I usually label "false memory") that there was a guest staying the night and then realized that there was no such memory. I even asked my wife this morning if she felt my dream body shaking her and she looked at me like I was crazy. The parts where I was lying in bed paralyzed, I felt that there would be aliens there if I looked around. This episode felt like hours. I am certain this was Sleep Paralysis with some lucid dreaming though. It didn't have the "full" feel of SP though since there was no "extremely loud buzzing" that I normally get, however I noted an electrical sound like a bug zapper which I thought was funny...but it was more like "zzzhhht" and some clicking and not that loud crack the bugs make which always makes me feel sad.

The odd part is the Old Hag. She just appeared in my doorway and told me to shut up! When I lucid dream, I usually summon up something attractive and have sex but there was an old lady with long stringy blond hair with a messed up mouth wearing pajamas telling me to keep it down. What am I supposed to do with that?

The weird thing is that as much as like to write it off as SP, Its apparently "real" enough for me to think I am actually able to walk around in a dream body and wake my wife up? And then to actually follow up with questions the next day as if it could have possibly have worked?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

I also recognize it as a "textbook" alien abduction-like experience but am not convinced of that explanation either.

As I told ZR, I have yet to characterize it. I simply accept that it happened as I experienced it.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join