It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Made in the Image of God

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LongArmLugh

Sorry who is your post intended for ?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

Sorry who is your post intended for ?

The Original Poster.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

My friend, you are mistaken. While our creation was most assuredly first conceived and brought to fulfillment by The Great Creator, we do not look like him.

Hi LongArmLugh ... I have already said ...
My interpretation does not mean we look like The Creator in question
But that we are like The Creator ... which I offered up a little of why I think such

We look like the angels tasked with our actual creation. There are many planets in the Universe, and many that have life. There are many angels in the Universe, and not all of them look the same. Some of them look downright weird,

Never having seen an "Angel" I would not know but for sure the word "Angelic" comes to mind when meeting certain people
Yes there must be countless other Beings in the Universe ... and like you say some would seem downright weird to us

As regards Angels ... Is it true that it is written that ... "Angels" already existed before The Creator unfolded the Universe ?

But they are holy and follow the Most High

I think that any other intelligent being within the Universe would recognise that they are a part of it ...The Universe
As such they would recognise the same Creator as many here on Earth do ... Though the interpretation would vary as it varies person to person here on Earth ... Perhaps some have a far greater insight then we.

The thread was created to share ideas and interpretation of the OP
Thanks for your post and interesting ideas

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

My friend, you are mistaken. While our creation was most assuredly first conceived and brought to fulfillment by The Great Creator, we do not look like him.

Hi LongArmLugh ... I have already said ...
My interpretation does not mean we look like The Creator in question
But that we are like The Creator ... which I offered up a little of why I think such

We look like the angels tasked with our actual creation. There are many planets in the Universe, and many that have life. There are many angels in the Universe, and not all of them look the same. Some of them look downright weird,

Never having seen an "Angel" I would not know but for sure the word "Angelic" comes to mind when meeting certain people
Yes there must be countless other Beings in the Universe ... and like you say some would seem downright weird to us

As regards Angels ... Is it true that it is written that ... "Angels" already existed before The Creator unfolded the Universe ?

But they are holy and follow the Most High

I think that any other intelligent being within the Universe would recognise that they are a part of it ...The Universe
As such they would recognise the same Creator as many here on Earth do ... Though the interpretation would vary as it varies person to person here on Earth ... Perhaps some have a far greater insight then we.

The thread was created to share ideas and interpretation of the OP
Thanks for your post and interesting ideas

I don't know why you would think I have that answer or that information. But...I can offer my thoughts on the subject. I personally believe that Yes, Angels did exist before the creation of the universe. If you view it in a Big Bang context, all matter and energy and dark matter and dark energy was once extremely condensed, into the size of what we might thinknow of as an egg, or a tablespoon. So it is theorized.

My personal belief is that all things were once one with god. The Expansion and subsequent retraction of the universe can be seen as a much greater being drawing breath. Inhaling and exhaling. Suns may be seen as nuclei, with planets acting as atoms or even protons and neutrons. We all make up some small part of the Cosmic whole that is the Great Creator only we are currently separate from him, seeking our way back. Eventually we will find it again, and eventually we will be separate from it once more until the end of time when we all finally become one once more with the infinite and that which is All.
edit on 9-5-2015 by LongArmLugh because: Android auto correct typos.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I am not going to be nit picky

Thanks for your post
In essence I understand what your saying and see it as a view I can relate to
We all have our own view of course
And this thread is not about proving our ideas ... it is about sharing ideas
I enjoyed reading your ideas

Cheers

new topics

top topics