It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Made in the Image of God

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Oh come on, that is like saying the water dripping on the rock says look, I am dripping, move out of the way or...then we get holes in rocks,

If you observe water dripping you would indeed see it can cause holes in rock

The power to create a universe and yet not the power to stop all that which is against the very reason for its creation?

Indeed the power to create a Universe but non are compelled to fulfil their purpose within it

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Again, you're not explaining what you are.

If you are asking what religion I am ... I have no religion

I can tell you exactly where you came from, your parents. And before them, their parents,

I was born like you ... I did not appear in a puff of smoke ....
Or are your referring to where my ideas and beliefs came from.
If the answer is Yes that question has already been answered in a prior post

Yes... it is. If you make a claim that this magical being owns, operates and has created an entire universe, you need to back up those claims with some sort of evidence which proves your point. Why do you need to provide evidence? Because the notion that an invisible, unknowable magical whom creates universes, is a pretty bold and massive claim to make.

Yes a Higher Intelligence has created the Universe ...
Remember this is The Gray and not a science forum
Everyone is free to express their beliefs and ideas without having to present the burden of proof

Why should we listen to you if you have no evidence, and you can't even explain where you came up with this nonsense.

No one is compelling you to listen ...

Let's look back at my invisible unicorn in my back yard example. Do you believe me simply because I swear it's the truth? no... hopefully. If i make such an outrageous claim, I should probably back up those claims with some sort of evidence.

You can believe anything you wish ... It may be true or not ... I am stating what I believe to be true it does not matter to me if you disbelieve what I say... but also it does not change my beliefs

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ghost147

Conversely, if I were to start saying that there are invisible pink unicorns in my backyard, and I gave all these specific traits about these invisible pink unicorns, would you instantly believe me? I would hope not, I've never suggested there was any evidence to prove my claims to be correct. This is what you're doing now.

the beauty is if u tell me that u truthfully believe that pink inocorns in are in ur backyard is what u see then I believe u. u created existence to ur believe therefore I believe u. what other evidence do I need to prove this truth about u to others. they either believe me or not

u don't need evidence of your own opinion or believe
no one ever said they are stating facts based on evidence

where do my parents come into
to this?

is maybe best asked first what u believe in
that's sweet of u to say op has Devine knowledge

edit on 1-5-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I am a Christian raised person and the opening post does not resemble a Christian god it sounded more like relating to it and or include it. it sounded more like someone saying hey u christian if u believe this I somehow can understand how u can believe this

but maybe I am wrong

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

that was super cute and funny. the bees whales squirrel story.

but on the other note
who said to the creator u are more important/valuable than a bee or piece of candy..

do u not love ur dog if he doesn't react to ur command I mean it gets maximum frustrating so u are both ultimately flawed but equally love eachother
are u going to punish ur kids if they do something stupid ? would u want to make flawless kids? can u say but they have no trace of u in them? kids surely will sometimes parent never

or is that ur point

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: troubleshooter

I only see a disconnect
when we don't appreciate "gods" creation

how would u fell if u gave ur kid everything and they just trash it or worse kill it and then they spit into ur face or deny everything u gave them as worthy
yes there will be disconnect

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

reading that
makes me think who created the god some are describing

form is just half of the creation energy created from this form is the opposite
all still unconscious

the opposite to all that is consciousness

combined is god

love being unconditioned response to being able to embrace comrehension of this is ultimately godlike

there is no need for perfection in complete neutrality

anything beyond this my little brain will have a hardware crush not possible

like can anyone comprehend big bang lol
our space bang exploded into what

another space were us that space what is oposite to this space i guess that is when u say god gave us limited knowledge otherwise ultimately what would we be? everything? that is what we are when we are dead.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I think a lot of us are mistaken in thinking that our god would be perfect. Or maybe our idea of perfection is skewed due to our negative perceptions of death or 'ugliness'.

If we have a god, that god probably has a god above and beyond itself too. Thinking of god as a he or a she seems so utterly simple-minded; the only plausible god to me would be the collective consciousness of the entire universe.

But then again there might gods...low ones, high ones, and all in between, each with their own vibration and qualities. That might explain the chaotic nature of it all.

Or maybe there is no god, hell I don't know. I sure do like ritual though. Wonder if that is my stupidity or that a hundred thousand years of fervent ritualistic behavior has embedded it into human genetic code.

strappin' in
edit on 1-5-2015 by humanityrising because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13 and OP

Representing The Creator ... such as Michaelangelo's image of God giving the spark of life to Adam ... God being presented in Human form

paint love

is love actually a sweetheart or an organ or lovers or hugging cute animals or mums kissing kid or newly weds

no

are they the above images of love

yes

heart being the most common image we draw it because we feel love in our heart organ area

does love happen in our heart?

no

in our brain

yes

but are we still allowing heart image because it resonates the most with us

same image/feeling of god resonates with our being
would picture of cat or leaf make sense would u draw a universe or some type of daddy figure

would u get cat, leaf, universe, daddy figure if I explained it to u. probably yes

ur image of vibrating penetrating frequencies of holding all colors caused from different frequencies of all white lights all vibrating to make a firm into the contrast of every dark matter in between is sweet btw
actually very godlike lol

edit on 2-5-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

do u but hold all the knowledge individually?
no
is it there for us to discover it .yes .
will u ever know all most likely not
is it hidden from u ? is not on purpose is up to u to seek it
do I want to? probably no.
do u even need to know all.. also probably not

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
No one is compelling you to listen ...

I don't think I understand the point of this OP if it was not for us to listen to you?

originally posted by: artistpoet
You can believe anything you wish ... It may be true or not ... I am stating what I believe to be true it does not matter to me if you disbelieve what I say... but also it does not change my beliefs

What you believe in does matter when you spread it elsewhere. When you imply specifications on how the universe is created, that matters greatly to the education and knowledge of the human race. Whether this is a new concept, or it has over a billion followers, misinformation is always a bad thing.

originally posted by: MimiSia
the beauty is if u tell me that u truthfully believe that pink inocorns in are in ur backyard is what u see then I believe u. u created existence to ur believe therefore I believe u. what other evidence do I need to prove this truth about u to others. they either believe me or not

You do realize that because someone imagines something it doesn't mean that it was physically created, right?

originally posted by: MimiSia
u don't need evidence of your own opinion or believe
no one ever said they are stating facts based on evidence

You do need evidence, when you're opinion and belief alters reality and suggests that actual practices and knowledge is wrong due to that opinion and belief. You don't just get to discredit everything in the world without repercussions.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

I don't think I understand the point of this OP if it was not for us to listen to you?

We can listen ... but are not are compelled to

What you believe in does matter when you spread it elsewhere. When you imply specifications on how the universe is created, that matters greatly to the education and knowledge of the human race. Whether this is a new concept, or it has over a billion followers, misinformation is always a bad thing.

You can believe in what ever you want ... I believe a Higher Intelligence of which we are all a part of Created the Universe
All are entitled to share their beliefs in a public forum in an area called Gray
It is up to the individual to discern what is true or not

edit on 2-5-2015 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

I am a Christian raised person and the opening post does not resemble a Christian god it sounded more like relating to it and or include it. it sounded more like someone saying hey u christian if u believe this I somehow can understand how u can believe this

but maybe I am wrong

What you posted is perfect ... you are not wrong

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: bitsforbytes

I noticed in the link you posted that it spoke about "Sacred Geometry"
Sacred Geometry is a pattern/s to be found from the way a plant grows to the way a galaxy unfolds

Intelligent patterns can be seen in all living things ....
Simply put ... Because A Higher Intelligence designed them

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

You do need evidence, when you're opinion and belief alters reality and suggests that actual practices and knowledge is wrong due to that opinion and belief. You don't just get to discredit everything in the world without repercussions.

How can evidence alter Reality ... Reality is what it is regardless of evidence
You can only have the answers or not to the questions you ask regarding Reality

edit on 2-5-2015 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

what I find uncomprehending is that ultimately u are using logic to despute something I created in my imagination

I am trying to understand what u find in this post to be false statements

I have to say I can't find anywhere in the opening post there are going to be facts presented actually I think from memory the second sentence pre warns that that is not the case..

can u discuss something without having full proof.. absolutely.. I mean nothing in our existence is actually based on full proof evidence.. if we didn't discuss something we don't have full proof of would any of this modern sociaty even exist..

how can u expect anyone to give full proof to creation it is utterly unrealistic.. may we ponder and share views and imagine stuff? yes and that in its self is a fact..

u say OP has a strong opinion (from the sound of reading ur stuff) that makes me conclude that yourself likewise(in my opinion) seem to to have very strong opposing views.. but for nothing in the world I can figure out what they are but I am very intrigued and I wish to hear them

like likewise I can ask u to provide me with complete empirical evidence the poster is incorrect..

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

this reminds me of this

If only Eratosthenes had a student!

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Here is the thing I don't get right?

If we are made in the Creator's image, why the hell did he create us to be so much more destructive than any other of his creations, all of which are mind bogglingly beautiful?

I just don't get it at all.

and why did he create mosquitos and diseases...our life is tough enough on this earth as it is, but to add those on top of it, sounds like a workings of really sick person. not only do you have diseases, but if people try and isolate themselves from the diseases, he created the mosquito to fly silently and carry the disease to others parts of the land....how is that "beautiful"?
edit on 2-5-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

and we created computer virus and bugs yet we still use a computer

u sick and twisted individuals and when I try to run away from u
someone sends me spam for breakfast

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Science only answers how, religion only answers why, but the two combined is the true design, show respect to God cause he drew the lines.

Oddisee, Killing Time

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join