It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do marijuana prisoners deserve amnesty?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

originally posted by: bullcat

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Jonjonj

It should come out of any politican's pocket that voted to keep marijuana illegal.

Those politicians work for you, therefore, YOU pay.

It is the government of the people for the people.

Cry all you want, the AMERICAN people ARE ACCOUNTABLE and RESPONSIBLE for their governments actions.

They just turn a blind eye, which is called PASSIVE SUPPORT.

You have it the other way around. We pay them because it's an elaborate racketeering scheme allowing us to think Americans actually own this money. Try to take that money out and keep it safe on your own because the government that works for you will take it and throw you in jail for money laundering.

The trick is to keep making you think you're in control ,but in reality it's just an illusion.

Seriously you think an ELECTRONIC device CREATED by the GOVERNMENT is really going to truthfully count every ballot without being tampered with?

Come f*ing on.

so do something about it

*shrugs*

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Not only have they NOT sunk into the flaming abyss, they have literally improved in ALL drug metrics.

'This Is Working': Portugal, 12 Years after Decriminalizing Drugs

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

a reply to: strongfp

Selling large amounts of marijuana is JUST as harmful as smoking a joint and should have the same exact sentence for doing it. Nothing.

Yes, I know.

But the government is taking to weed like it's alcohol, you can't just make a large batch of wine and start selling on the side of the streets, you can give it away, but can't profit from it. Same goes with weed, the government allowed it they can control it. So even if it is legal to use, it still needs to be regulated.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I'm totally fine with that. A regulated market is MUCH safer for everyone involved than the black market.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Yes, if weed is legalized. Then non violent prisoners convicted of possession should absolutely be released. Now people convicted of selling is more iffy. Do I personally think they should be released, yes. But if selling is still illegal unless you are licensed by the state. Should they be released? Again I think yes, but i can see how others might disagree.

edit on 30-4-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
They broke the law of the time. They knew that and they were incarcerated. Bad law? Yup but it was a law at the time.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

"Do marijuana prisoners deserve amnesty?"

IMHO absolutely, as long a they did not commit any other illegal acts that got there sentence imposed.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The reparations will never be due. No more than they were after slavery and abolition were repealed.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid
I truly hope that the morality of your belief system becomes your own chains of barbwire.

If bad laws (my position on this) are imposed by using all of the worse forms of media, political pressure and bad non-science, any form of continuing to support them shows diminished or absence of reasoning.

Your statement is, 'If you do not comply with BS then you are entitled to be punished indefinitely for not complying with BS.'

Perhaps a logic class could assist you more than I have but flawed reasoning or irrationality are the bane of discourse.

A good solid argument requires facts that are organized. Feelings, beliefs and opinions are insufficient to proceed in a civilized manner. The use of 'common knowledge/ideals', factoids and other ephemera need to be cast out.
Otherwise, we are left with a mash of BS.
Which is how this law got deployed.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: largo

Spare me your faux pas outrage. I was fighting these rights probably before you were born. I TOTALLY agree that this is BS BUT it's the law. Or was. Got caught breaking the law, do the time.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

It should come out of any politican's pocket that voted to keep marijuana illegal.

Those politicians work for you, therefore, YOU pay.

It is the government of the people for the people.

Cry all you want, the AMERICAN people ARE ACCOUNTABLE and RESPONSIBLE for their governments actions.

They just turn a blind eye, which is called PASSIVE SUPPORT.

You have it the other way around. We pay them because it's an elaborate racketeering scheme allowing us to think Americans actually own this money. Try to take that money out and keep it safe on your own because the government that works for you will take it and throw you in jail for money laundering.

The trick is to keep making you think you're in control ,but in reality it's just an illusion.

Seriously you think an ELECTRONIC device CREATED by the GOVERNMENT is really going to truthfully count every ballot without being tampered with?

Come f*ing on.

so do something about it

*shrugs*

Do something like stand on a soapbox, gather followers and investors, Invest thousands into the campaign (which the government readily taxes)for it to be brought to the ballet to THEIR machines, only to have it tampered with in the end.

But they keep the money and you're left on the wrong end of the polls with your pockets empty.

Great plan I'll keep it in mind.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Yes as long as no acts of violence or thievery was involved along with the original charges, they should be let loose immediately and their records wiped clean.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I'd agree that they knew the consequences at the time, but have no issue with leniency on a case by case basis. Lumping them all together is a bad idea.

Gang members, hard drug dealers and the like deserve whatever they get, but someone who just uses a little MJ should have never been in jail.

I've reached the point I'd not be bothered if being in a gang added many years. Just being a member should add ten years to give the message they are not welcome in civilized society.

Pot heads, let them go.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

If yo were born before 1947 and marched against our VN police action, part of the Camden 28 defense effort, card carrying member of the ACLU since (I don't know but a damn long time ago!), marched for Gay rights (I'm straight), married by Unitarian Ministers, etc., etc. then once again, your BS lack of facts causes you to ACT LIKE SOMEONE IN POSSESSION OF THEM and climb onto a horse with NO legs.

The only thing faux here is your finish.
You may retract your crazy at your convenience.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Yes... but then corporate America will lose the only American labor they have. Can't have that now can we?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Yes true but people who broke the global economy weren't even charged with crimes that they could have legitimately been been charged with, banks that launder drug money, not charged.

So I think it's only fair that little bobby weed dealer/smoker gets amnesty too.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Of course the answer is, Hell yes!

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Of course they should be let out of prison. I don't know about "amnesty" because keeping documentation of time served and the offense, shows they are capable of violating existing laws, and records should reflect time served, and note they were released because of "amnesty" of the remaining sentence.

Prisons are overcrowded now, are they not, so release these folks and make room for the real criminals. Many of them should probably not have been locked up in the first place. The records should be reviewed on a case-to-case basis - and I mean, not six months, and not waiting for a "court review date". A case could be reviewed in five minutes by looking at court papers, and talking with the person.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The punishment doesn't fit the crime. I would have to say yes. I don't smoke it but can see truth.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I never needed a nanny. I was born independent.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join