It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoke Weed Every Day For 50 Years And This Might Happen To You

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Also If you look into the reasons it was banned in the first place....well that would make a great thread a mega conspiracy by guess who?.

If you don't take on the challenge I will.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
To understand why people are confused as to why one thing is illegal and the other isn't you would have to go back to the time when and why it was banned and it doesn't have to do with the reefer madness but more so for the lumber and oil industry. When petroleum products were made such as nylon rope, plastics, synthetic fabrics it was imperative to eliminate hemp use for it is not a patentable source, was cheap and grew like weeds. The lumber industry would of crumbled as well as companies like dupont.

Dont forget during ww2 they had the motto 'Hemp for Victory' as they used the plant for everything from fuel, paint, back packs, parachutes, paint and lubricants and the uniforms. When the war was done so was the legality of hemp.

Did you know that Reagan when he was Gov of Cal. he had monkeys suffocate on pot smoke killing the monkey labeling it a dangerous substance? Did you know there are people still serving life sentences for pot possession from the 60's?
edit on 5-5-2015 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Go for it dude I have to do a lot of NVQ work.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

First the title was the title of the article. Not my design.

You clearly haven't read the T&C. I'm REQUIRED to copy past the headline and quote the article!

I just threw pills, tobacco, and alcohol in a group. I was pretty sure your vice is alcohol.

Not sure how you'd know that? I suppose next you'll be telling me the weed makes you psychic

You claim to consume in moderation... I'm not trying to convince anyone that smoking cannabis is good. Inhaling burnt plant matter of any kind is bad. But apparently not as bad as we thought if this woman did it for so long...

You're missing the point, the fact that one woman appears to be in good health after smoking cannabis for so long doesn't prove anything. My Grandmother is 72 years old, she has smoked cigarettes since she was 14 without any obvious effect on her health. Should i go around telling anyone it's ok to smoke because of one exapmle?

If you smoke cannabis everyday it will definitely have an effect on your cardiovascular health as well as increasing your risk of several cancers and respiratory illnesses. If you think that isn't true then you're very naive.

I am however trying to convince people there are many medicinal benefits to CBD's CBN's CBG's and a few for THC as well. I have mentioned multiple times I'm not advocating the smoking of cannabis or breaking the law. AGAIN. I am pointing out how stupid it is to lock someone up in a cage over a forbidden flower.

Really? Although you may have a point about medical uses your OP seems to promote smoking cannabis. You make it sound like people can just pop down to their local dealers and they'll never be ill again, which is complete BS.

Like I said in my last post you sound like a law enforcement DARE officer. Spouting out the same rhetoric I was told in school. I bet you think cannabis is just as destructive as meth...

Hmmm not quite. I think your psychic abilities are letting you down a little, perhaps time to light another joint up.

I've been laughing since you first spoke up here chief.

Calling someone a stoner for smoking a joint once a day is like calling someone an alcoholic for having a beer once a day. According to your mentality you yourself are probably an addict... Yet you don't hear me attacking you calling you a drunk? That my good friend is unjustified anger.

I find it amusing how many times you've now made predictions on my lifestyle, do you have a crystal ball at home or what?

For the record, no i don't drink everyday but someone who does drink everyday IS an alcoholic imo, just as someone who smokes everyday is a stoner. I'm not sure what other names you could come up with for people like that?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jamespond

Brother I don't have to be psychic to read you like a book. You are simply the majority. A very large group of people who drink their beer and watch their professional sports and think they have it all figured out... Yet don't know the 3 branches of government or what 5 rights the first amendment protects.

The last vestige for a broken antiquated way of thinking. Your getting over run. Either jump ship or change your tune. Because before you know it you'll be surrounded by people like the woman in the OP... Or god forbid ME!!!

I never said smoking pot fixes everything. But you clearly haven't been reading what I've been saying. You pick and choose what you want attack. Usually me. All while ignoring the elephant in the room.

Lets talk about the private prison industry and people going in 20 years for a plant! Lets talk about the alcohol industry hiding studies that show how truly deadly alcohol is. Lets talk about people stopping to have to take poison because they can grow their medicine in his/her backyard.

I know you haven't been around this site long. But we have a saying.
"Deny ignorance"

Mods feel free to close thread. We derailed somewhere in the last county.

Eta: Off to go make a conspiracy against hemp/cannabis thread. Feel free to stop by you might learn something.

edit on 6-5-2015 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

i see the second post of this thread is a reply to a moderator whom has since deleted his post...
us average members arent capable of deleting our replies, why is it that he gets special abilities like this? his reply should be returned to the thread to restore the context of the OP's reply to said missing post.
edit on 26-6-2016 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join