It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray sustained head injury that matches bolt in back of police van - Law enforcement states

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: andy1972

So, what do we have here?

1 - A neck broken ny 80%.

2 - A crushed windpipe.

3 - A head injury.

Will the real killer please stand up...

Was the crushed windpipe ever actually confirmed?

The family made a statement that he injured his voicebox. They didn't specifically say it was crushed. So... Who knows?

How would they know? It's not like they were there either.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

And that is what the government is been trying to do in partner with their private invested interest and this case may just play fine in their hands, don't forget the drones flying over our heads too.

I can not wait the "criminal reform" that is been planned, I am sure that the bill has been redacted a long time ago, by homeland of deception

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Evidently he isnt the first person to be hurt while taking a ride in the back of a police van. www.baltimoresun.com...=1

Very interesting read.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

I was in a Navy helicopter in 1986 (same one that is in my avatar) standing in the cargo door watching the tail rotor that we had just replaced. I was wearing a gunner's belt. That tail rotor started to wobble, I yell to the pilot to get us back on to the ship and that's all I remember until waking up in Medical. They told me that the helo pitched one way and then the other. The gunner's belt played crack the whip with me and threw me into the fuselage. Broke both bones in my forearm in two places, broken humorous, broken collarbone, cracked ribs and split my helmet. We weren't moving that fast either, it was just the wrong way at the wrong time.

If his feet were shackled to the van and he didn't have a seatbelt, his feet could have remained stationary and the rest of his body could have acted like a whip with his head and neck taking the impact.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Could Freddie have done it to himself?

This doctor says not likely.
NY Daily News

The Doc's a urological oncologist, so I doubt he's done much work with cervical spine injuries.

Dr. Samadi is a board-certified urologic oncologist trained in open and traditional and laparoscopic surgery, and an expert in robotic prostate surgery.

I'd definitely go to him if I was bleeding when I pee or had a trauma to my bladder, but not so much for my spine.

Having actually seen trauma, I'd agree that it's unlikely but still possible. Consider people paralyzed from diving into shallow water at the beach. A fall from a standing position over a hard surface definitely could do it, and if he was jumping around and thrashing in the van, it is possible. Of course it is also very likely the cops stopped and beat the # out of him--Baltimore PD is as rough as Chicago PD.
edit on 30-4-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Also possible they gave him a "rough ride", driving and turning erratically while a prisoner isn't buckled in safely.

University of South Carolina professor Geoffrey Alpert, an expert in police force, said rough rides are also known as "screen tests." When police cars or vans had screens between the front and back seats, drivers would stop short — "to avoid a dog" — sending a handcuffed prisoner flying face-first into the screen, he said.

"Cops used to laugh about it. That was big in the 1980s and 1990s," Alpert said. "It was obviously against policy and illegal. I remember in some trainings that police chiefs would say, 'You'd better bring the damn dog you were trying to avoid if you come in with a prisoner with such an injury.'"

link to news story
edit on 4 by AreUKiddingMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

I was in a Navy helicopter in 1986 (same one that is in my avatar) standing in the cargo door watching the tail rotor that we had just replaced. I was wearing a gunner's belt. That tail rotor started to wobble, I yell to the pilot to get us back on to the ship and that's all I remember until waking up in Medical. They told me that the helo pitched one way and then the other. The gunner's belt played crack the whip with me and threw me into the fuselage. Broke both bones in my forearm in two places, broken humorous, broken collarbone, cracked ribs and split my helmet. We weren't moving that fast either, it was just the wrong way at the wrong time.

If his feet were shackled to the van and he didn't have a seatbelt, his feet could have remained stationary and the rest of his body could have acted like a whip with his head and neck taking the impact.

Yes. That is quite true.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe

Also possible they gave him a "rough ride", driving and turning erratically while a prisoner isn't buckled in safely.

Well of course, but if he was on the floor and sliding about, I think he'd experience less force than falling off his seat or from a standing position. Perhaps it was a combination of both.
edit on 30-4-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Here is an account of the Philadelphia police taking a man for the 'nickel ride'.
His injuries included..... three broken vertabrae.

The events that led up to McKenna’s injuries began on the night of June 23, 2011. McKenna was at a bar in Center City having drinks. Police claim they arrested McKenna after he punched a bartender. McKenna says this is not true, he claims that he was jumped by an off duty police officer who didn’t like the way McKenna was talking to a girl at the bar. The off-duty officer then called for his on-duty friends. When Philly cops showed up in the police wagon, McKenna alleges that the off-duty officer told the police to “# this guy up.” The officer denied saying that. McKenna was then handcuffed and put in the van, but not strapped in. He said police accelerated and decelerated the wagon, knocking him to the floor four times. After the last tumble, he said, he couldn’t stand. “I couldn’t muster the strength,” he said. McKenna’s injuries included three broken neck vertebrae and two ruptured neck discs. Read more at thefreethoughtproject.com...

How much did the 'nickel ride' cost the Philadelphia taxpayers? A paltry $490,000.00

freethoughtproject

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

If the cops did, indeed, beat the # out of him then it might explain this:

"Hwang Jung, owner of the market at the corner of North Fremont Avenue and Mosher Street, where the newly disclosed stop took place, said officers in suits came into his store last week asking to see surveillance footage from April 12 at around 8:30am.

"After reviewing the footage, the officers gave him their number and said two more officers would come copy the footage, which happened a few hours later, Hwang said.

"The footage was lost, he said, when the store was looted in the days after Gray's death..."

www.cnn.com...

Could his store have been targeted during the looting?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

In Baltimore is only 200 thousand, because the city has a law that limit the pay outs for injuries to no more than that.

Now the "mysterious" stop that the Van driver forgot about and never did any log of it, is starting to look like a cover up.

But as usual he "probably just forgot" and is just an "innocent" mistake.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Actually now the video is been scrutinized and shows that he indeed had injuries after the arrest.

edit on 30-4-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

If Gray's neck was already injured when he was placed in the van, it may not have taken a rough ride to render him unable to speak or breathe, as he was when officers retrieved him from the vehicle, said Dr. Ali Bydon, an associate professor of neurosurgery at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. And video of Gray standing at the back of the van before being placed inside is not necessarily proof that his spine was uninjured before the ride, he said.

"It can be a progressive, cumulative loss of function if the spinal cord is unstable and unprotected," Bydon said. "You don't need tremendous force to follow up on further injury to the spine — a force you and me can take because we have stable necks, but that an unstable neck cannot withstand."

Baltimore Sun

I thought this was interesting. Kind of getting a fresh view of what may have happened. I said may.

There are many possibilities, and I pray time leads us to a just decision on what did happen, and which direction this incident actually goes. Even the Fox News medical expert stated banging your head on a wall will not produce the injuries Freddie Gray sustained.

And summer ain't even here yet!

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: butcherguy

In Baltimore is only 200 thousand, because the city has a law that limit the pay outs for injuries to no more than that.

Now the "mysterious" stop that the Van driver forgot about and never did any log of it, is starting to look like a cover up.

But as usual he "probably just forgot" and is just an "innocent" mistake.

The van driver forgets about this stop, forgets to log all the stops (which is required) and also says Freddie was irate during transport. Not looking good...

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Did you check on the new view of the video of his arrest, where it shows that his legs were no working at all, a lady screaming in the background that his leg was broken.

This is going to get another turn and is going to make the police looks worst that they are with the lies.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Have a link by chance on that one?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Yes, not looking good at all...

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Its live in CNN, I been watching that channel the entire time for days, my computer can not handle having an open link to videos

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Have a link by chance on that one?

I can't find the newly scrutinized video online anywhwere. I will post it when I see it. CNN showed this on their live news.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: retiredTxn

If Gray's neck was already injured when he was placed in the van, it may not have taken a rough ride to render him unable to speak or breathe, as he was when officers retrieved him from the vehicle, said Dr. Ali Bydon, an associate professor of neurosurgery at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. And video of Gray standing at the back of the van before being placed inside is not necessarily proof that his spine was uninjured before the ride, he said.

"It can be a progressive, cumulative loss of function if the spinal cord is unstable and unprotected," Bydon said. "You don't need tremendous force to follow up on further injury to the spine — a force you and me can take because we have stable necks, but that an unstable neck cannot withstand."

Baltimore Sun

I thought this was interesting. Kind of getting a fresh view of what may have happened. I said may.

There are many possibilities, and I pray time leads us to a just decision on what did happen, and which direction this incident actually goes. Even the Fox News medical expert stated banging your head on a wall will not produce the injuries Freddie Gray sustained.

And summer ain't even here yet!

It does not matter what the outcome is or what the evidence proves. The lines are drawn, the narrative set, and the conflict shall commence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join