It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray sustained head injury that matches bolt in back of police van - Law enforcement states

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy1972
So, what do we have here?

1 - A neck broken ny 80%.
2 - A crushed windpipe.
3 - A head injury.

Will the real killer please stand up...

Was the crushed windpipe ever actually confirmed?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

2 - A crushed windpipe.

3 - A head injury.

The family made a statement that he injured his voicebox. They didn't specifically say it was crushed. So... Who knows?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I believe it would take quite a bit to do that.
Personally, I can't see someone doing that to themselves.

Unless he didn't know there was a bolt behind his head. You would think these vans would be padded to protect those who are being transported.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Wow, this is incredibly stupid.

I've been to jail in an actual city a few times, and I've seen people slam their own heads into walls during my visit. It's actually not that uncommon, they even have a protocol for 'head bangers' where they'll put you in a restraint chair etc.

He was probably banging his own head into the wall, messed up one good time (on the "bolt"), and accidently killed himself.
edit on 4/30/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Yes that was part of the preliminary report, earlier in the week.

This the result of police brutality once again, nothing to see here, Gray was black had a criminal record and deserve what he got.

That is the mentality of many here.

But then again, is up to us to make sure that we make something out of this tragedy of our fellow human being and stop the police brutality that has become so part of everyday life this days

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Could Freddie have done it to himself?

This doctor says not likely.
NY Daily News

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Dale Earnhart's fatal wreck comes to mind here. I've heard conflicting reports of him having a prior neck injury. Were his shackles attached to the van? I've heard conflicting reports about him having a seatbelt. If his shackles were attached to the van and he wasn't belted, a sharp turn or a heavy bump could have swung him around, resulting in the broken neck. What is Baltimore Police's policy on transporting prisoners?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Unless he didn't know there was a bolt behind his head. You would think these vans would be padded to protect those who are being transported.

So a bolt caused him to crush three of his own vertabra? Wouldn't it just put a hole in his skull? That would be a much more believable story.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: WeRpeons

So a bolt caused him to crush three of his own vertabra? Wouldn't it just put a hole in his skull? That would be a much more believable story.

Reminds me of the stories of suicides where they are tied up, and managed to shoot themselves in the back of the skull.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: bullcat

Well, no I'm not..

But one thing is certain, if he did do himself damage in the paddy wagon, and it was his fault, his family should pay for all the repairs in Baltimore.
edit on PM4Thu20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

2 - A crushed windpipe.
3 - A head injury.

That I don't know...I think theres so many cover stories going out nobody remembers the truth, just like JFK.
edit on PM4Thu20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

This is blatant display of police manipulation, so common this days, nobody cares, many will take the news and oh, well he deserve what he got.

No wonder our nations is turning into crap and the government the police and the corruption laugh all the way until the next case.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Wonder how much force that would take..

It would take a lot of force typically. The trouble is, that sometime what is not supposed to happen, happens. Like the athletes that you hear dying from a fatal arrhythmia from being hit in the chest with a baseball. There isn't supposed to be enough force in a baseball to do that, but it does happen nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

This is blatant display of police manipulation, so common this days, nobody cares, many will take the news and oh, well he deserve what he got.

No wonder our nations is turning into crap and the government the police and the corruption laugh all the way until the next case.

Every nation gets the governement it deserves - Joesph De Maistre.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

There's only one true solution: a surveillance state.

Put cameras on every cop, every cop car, inside every cop car, and inside every police van. Then, put cameras in every single cell and hallway in a jail or prison.

Make it a very serious offense to not check the cameras first thing, every day, every where.

But, let the Federal Government own all the footage, and keep it. Kind of like keeping all phone records, conversations, and internet chats/forum posts.

I mean, having more cameras everywhere all the time has to be a beneficial thing. I remember just recently people were freaking out about the rise of closed circuit television everywhere, and the feds spying on everyone.

Now, it's the only solution to bring true accountability to the police. People are rioting and burning things and attacking people demanding justice. The stage is set for the next level of surveillance.

Masterfully played, actually.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

But I'm not suggesting that they're ruffing up and killing black people on purpose or anything. Not out of petty hatred but for an agenda, that'd be too big of a conspiracy. :-P

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
Dale Earnhart's fatal wreck comes to mind here. I've heard conflicting reports of him having a prior neck injury. Were his shackles attached to the van? I've heard conflicting reports about him having a seatbelt. If his shackles were attached to the van and he wasn't belted, a sharp turn or a heavy bump could have swung him around, resulting in the broken neck. What is Baltimore Police's policy on transporting prisoners?

That's also possible.

A crushed larynx is problematic, but it depends how it was crushed. If it was an anterior to posterior compression, then I'd suggest that someone was in the back of the van tuning him up. If compressed axially, it could have been in concert with his vertebral fractures.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: andy1972

I agree, we are the nation that we the people has built, were divisions is what feeds the corruption going on within our nation, united with fight divided we fall.

And live goes on.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The protesting masses don't care what happened. He could have broken his neck while attempting to grab a cops gun.

If Baltimore is unprotected they will attack.

It's depressing that you got so many stars for that bs

Don't you think, just maybe, after decades of police violence people have a damn right to be suspicious?
And how about this sudden change of story from the other arrestee in the back of the van, who first said Gray was unresponsive, and now says he was banging his own head against the van?

And how does a prisoner in a van cause severing of 80% of their spine, AND cause the crushing of their own damn larynx?

Unless he hit his own head against the van with enough force to break his own neck, and then managed to find something to slam the front of his own neck down on to crush his own larynx, I can't see how the hell anyone can claim that he did this to himself.

Crushing of the larynx can only occur from pressure at the front or to the sides of the front of the throat. I CANNOT be done by banging your head against anything.
edit on 30-4-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: andy1972

I agree, we are the nation that we the people has built, were divisions is what feeds the corruption going on within our nation, united with fight divided we fall.

And live goes on.

Live doesn't go on.

The Telly goes on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join