It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"American Reflexxx", A Disturbing Film Shot in my Backyard

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I have absolute, undeniable proof that this entire video is completely staged and everyone featured is involved in the production:

We see many scenes of women and blacks acting in a horrible manner, and since we know that white males are the true bane to a polite and peaceful society and the only ones who exhibit such behavior, we can conclude that this is in fact a completely choreographed performance by everyone involved.

The only other option is that disgusting bigoted behavior is exhibited by all groups of people, but that surely cannot be true judging by the social narrative being pushed for the last decade or so.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy
Did I say I never watched movies? I watch films. I am a film reviewer, not a movie reviewer.

Whatever.

The content? Please tell me, what is the content? A social experiment?

There are plenty of social experiment documentaries done very well. To me, it so crudely presented from the cinematography that it takes away from the message.

I wasn't a big fan of the editing and stuff either but after reading about them doing it I got the impression that it wasn't exactly what they expected to happen anyway. I don't even think that the result was something they planned for and what they got even surprised them a little.

In other words I think they more or less just got "lucky", for lack of a better word, in the footage they got. It wasn't intended on their part to be what it was.

Most of the editing did distract from the message, but some of it worked ok. But IMO even the ok parts we still over used.

While you may have gotten a message from it, then perhaps you don't mind any message that is presented from any videographer who grabs a camera and says they are going to film social commentary. Even Jack Ass was social commentary, as well as Bum Fights.

The only message I got is that Alli Coates wanted to see what people would do if a blonde model in a mask walked down the streets of Myrtle Beach while almost simulating sex acts in public, in front of children. Now if you think that is an acceptable message, then take your children to see what you think is high art.

By the way, I have critiqued many other short films, documentaries and social experiment films and I haven't done it harshly with them, even the ones of homosexuality. Believe it or not, even Kenneth Anger's piece on Egypt was way more interesting.

All I said was that it could have been done better and the message would not have been lost in the delivery. Is that too difficult for you to accept? I don't really care that you embrace the message, that's your privilege, but I don't have to accept it because you think the rest of us should.

I can only say that it is their freedom of speech and press, even though it was very crudely done, I said nothing about them not having the right to do it. I only asked that they do it better. Is that too much to hope for?

I have used my freedom of speech and press to say that it was just not that good and I have that right to do so. And guess what else, I didn't even invoke any religious statements into my post regarding it.

All I'm saying is that you spent multiple posts critiquing the production of it as if it was some big project or something. It wasn't even a student film or anything like that. It was just an experiment that from what I can tell probably wasn't even expected to result in anything special. However the reaction that they ended up getting on film was something more than they planned for.

The message seemed very clear and obvious to some and I just don't get why you totally avoided the content and concentrated so much on the editing. For me the editing became insignificant after the first few minutes anyway.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
All I could think of was how much my feet would hurt walking in those heels.

Some people really are disturbing.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
IMO, and I'm certainly no expert and I haven't even watched this video, is that "art" is something that is well crafted and executed. Just because some work has a message doesn't make it "art" on any level (high or low).

My opinion is that an object of art is made by an expert with great care and quality, regardless if that "art" is performed in the street or displayed in an art gallery. Personally, I think that art should have an aesthetic appeal. Based on that opinion alone I would tend to side with the critics that criticize the production value of a "piece of art".

If this is merely an experimental film or a social message, then it can be analyzed on that basis alone. "Art" and artistic values are a tricky subject and best left to the art "snobs" (not trying to be demeaning with that term) that have the experience and education to make a judgement on what art actually is. Once again, this is just my personal opinion.
edit on 1-5-2015 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I think all the people here attacking the quality of the film rather than addressing what the film was about are just an extension of the people in the street verbally and physically attacking the person in the mask.

What we saw there was violent crime and bullying.

I dont even fully understand why the people in the street chose to attack, Americans are a strange breed indeed.

Many famous art films are super difficult to watch and are labeled crap. It far easier to criticize the method.

Was it art? Yes

Would i have edited it that way? No

edit on 1-5-2015 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

I think the film sucked. Couldn't care less who they had walking around in it.

Don't confuse thinking something sucks with thinking the people in it suck. I love tommy Lee Jones and I thought men in black 3 was awful. Maybe you can't separate the two? Some of us can.

I'm sure whatever country you're from is just as strange in its own ways

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Maybe the video wasn't meant to please you. Maybe it was edited in that way to solicit a certain response from people who would rather not address the subject matter. People attack what they dont understand or want to address. It wouldn't be the first time its been done.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

Maybe so!

Or maybe they edited it and then sat back and said "God what a masterpiece of film we have created!"

Maybe maybe maybe.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Has anyone wondered why they chose a mirrored mask?

Was it because it literally reflected society? Showing a reflection of the nasty people attacking the person behind it?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
That was a weird and sad video.

Not sure how this vid makes me feel, only that it is not a good feeling.
Shame on the people who started throwing things and pushed her down!

Jealous much?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join