It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"American Reflexxx", A Disturbing Film Shot in my Backyard

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This video scared the living crap out of me, and Ill even put a disclaimer up; this video may disturb you. I don't know if it was the special effects that made it seem like you were in some kind of nightmare, the masked girl her self with her android like, human less gestures, or the ignorant crowd that reflects our society, but I do know I had a hard time sleeping after watching this.

I live in Myrtle Beach, the so called "redneck Rivera" and after watching this I'm contemplating leaving this place! Ok maybe not, it is a nice place after all and the majority of the people in that film were tourists, but the question I asked myself after watching this was, "Is this what our society has really come to?".

If so, than I don't want any part of it!

Have any of you seen this? Thoughts?

edit on 30-4-2015 by sekerofknowlege because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: sekerofknowlege

I found it just strange and weird, not really disturbing haha.

Stopped watching about 5 minutes in, got bored.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Strange creatures are these humans.
I feel like I just had a flash-forward on acid I haven't taken yet.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

What I found disturbing was the corny use of transitions, SFX, sloppy editing, and transparent pandering by the filmmakers.

I'm all for socially relevant documentary style film making but that one was 14.2 of boring silliness.

I understand the reflective allegory of the mask but imo it just seemed cheezy. However I wish them well at the film festivals and welcome them to the world of indy New Media.

Their next one should be better.

I would however like to see a documentary on Myrtle Beach itself and the folks that visit and call that place home.
edit on 30-4-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I imagine Michael J Fox edited this video.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I call lies, this is not a backyard.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: bullcat

The OP means their approximate neighborhood. Not literally his backyard. Or are you being facetious?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

The OP means their approximate neighborhood. Not literally his backyard. Or are you being facetious?

Ahh I see, just like Europe is America's backyard err approximate neighborhood.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Was it your literal backyard?

Or was it simply in Myrtle Beach?

Did they get your permission to film in your backyard? If they didn't you could sue them if it was in your literal backyard.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

I am with bullcat on this one. When the OP said "my back yard" in the title, I really thought it was his literal backyard.

I have made short films so I know that when you go out to scout for a location, you have to get permission from the owner to film there. If the film crew doesn't get permission, it is called "guerrilla film making" which might be ok for some up and coming film makers, they still run into problems with trespassing.

Trespassing is a crime, that is why guerrilla film makers do it quickly. It isn't ethical and frowned upon by the film industry but they look at it like it is a necessary evil.

As a film maker and writer, I did take it to mean literal. Oh the papers and contracts we had to get signed before we even filmed anything. Sometimes it is easy, sometimes not so easy. The point is "always get permission in writing" even if you think a place is abandoned, someone still owns it.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: sekerofknowlege
This video scared the living crap out of me, and Ill even put a disclaimer up; this video may disturb you. I don't know if it was the special effects that made it seem like you were in some kind of nightmare, the masked girl her self with her android like, human less gestures, or the ignorant crowd that reflects our society, but I do know I had a hard time sleeping after watching this.

I live in Myrtle Beach, the so called "redneck Rivera" and after watching this I'm contemplating leaving this place! Ok maybe not, it is a nice place after all and the majority of the people in that film were tourists, but the question I asked myself after watching this was, "Is this what our society has really come to?".

If so, than I don't want any part of it!

Have any of you seen this? Thoughts?

Oh this is really bad student film making. If I were a professor who assigned a project and this is what the student presented in class, I would have problems. Yes, the guy with the axe, stereotypical film school make up. Sorry, this is not even close to being good, it is student film making and really bad.

This is now forever in their portfolios.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Was the person who assaulted him/her part of the film or were they charged?

Plenty of evidence in the video no?

edit on 30-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: bullcat
Was the person who assaulted him/her part of the film or were they charged?

Plenty of evidence in the video no?

This is student film making.

Not close to being real at all.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This planet needs a DRASTIC thinning of the herd.

Film or not WTF is wrong with people? Animals are far more civilized.

This is why I do NOT go around crowds unless I am armed. This country is beyond hope.

I thought, from all the new age crap, that we are supposed to be evolving to a higher consciousness.

The exact opposite is happening, we are devolving at a rapid rate.

The planet would be better off if somebody pushes the button already.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
This planet needs a DRASTIC thinning of the herd.

Film or not WTF is wrong with people? Animals are far more civilized.

This is why I do NOT go around crowds unless I am armed. This country is beyond hope.

I thought, from all the new age crap, that we are supposed to be evolving to a higher consciousness.

The exact opposite is happening, we are devolving at a rapid rate.

The planet would be better off if somebody pushes the button already.

If you believed this was real, please look at it again. This is not anywhere near being good enough to get an A in any student film class.

If I were the professor, they would get a C from me. Believe me, I have seen much better than this.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Mr. YouTube video creator, what you've just (filmed) is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever (seen). At no point in your rambling, incoherent (video) were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having (viewed) it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

- Adapted from Billy Madison.

(post by olaru12 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

So all the animals that were throwing stuff and assaulting and being verbal inbreds were 'in' on it?

I find that hard to believe.

The 'film' I could care less about, if that's what it was. Although that is another perfect example of the general downward spiral of society.

If everyone on the street was in on it, it is just as bad as it being spontaneous herd putridity.

Reset the planet.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I don't think it was creepy. The editing was pretty bad but not scary bad. About the creepiest thing about this film were the reactions of the people on the street.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I think people are getting the wrong idea. It's not a student film, and the film's maker wasn't trying to make a 'quality' movie. She just wanted to document the public's reaction to the woman in the mask.

Here's the story.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join