It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Is a Form of Psychological Warfare!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555
I agree with most of what you wrote. However, I'm wondering how far we'd go before lawsuits were the correct action.
For instance, suppose a restaurant were using hypnosis on unsuspecting customers as they enter the premises, is that ok?
We'd probably argue that hypnosis has denied the customer their freedom to choose for themselves.
But then, isn't that the same as using colors to affect a customers judgement on what they will purchase?
Where do we draw the line?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

No, not even close IMO. Something being done secretly to you is far, far different than a visible color you can avoid at will. If a person is so weak and immature they can't control what they eat themselves, that is their problem and fault entirely.

A far better subject would be why do some people want so badly to control everyone else, right down to the color you can paint a restaurant. What is it that makes them wish to have such dictatorial controls over others? Why do they say to themselves I'm not mature enough to control my own actions, so I'll blame someone or something else?

Where do we draw the line? At freedom. Freedom comes with personal responsibility and accountability. A person eats themselves to death at a fast food joint, it's their fault entirely. This idea a person can make wrong decisions and then blame someone or something else, even a color is absurd IMO.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555
Freedom, I agree!
But you said "Something being done secretly to you is far, far different than a visible color you can avoid at will"
So, if a person doesn't know that color can change the way they think, in otherwords, being secretly influenced, how is that different than the hypnosis?

Please dont get me wrong here, as I said, I agree with what you wrote, I'm just curious as to how we draw a line on something like this.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

If I were to ever open a restaurant or store, it's color scheme is mine to decide, not the OP's, not a court's. If I want to be different & have red & purple as the color scheme, I will. If people are going to get all namby-pamby over the color, I guess they can go to Walmart or BK instead.

I've been in a store that was painted totally black inside, it was actually really cool & relaxing. People like the OP would insist it was meant to depress the patrons or some crap. People should be examining themselves as to why colors make them feel certain ways, not going with blanket explanations from shrinks.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Draw the line at common sense. It's not hard to differentiate between something being done secretly to us vs. something right in front of our faces.

What if next week it's discovered that cool colors lead to depression? No business should be held responsible for their customers illiteracy, which again is not their fault.

I get what you are saying, but I still think we are slipping down a rabbit hole with all this nonsense.

Red does not make anyone fat, eating wrong does. I suppose you could suggest that McDonald's should have a pail of rotting meat in the corner issuing a putrid smell to reduce peoples appetites. Makes the same amount of sense to me.

When we walk into a business, we do so of our own free will and if we buy the same thing. It's all on us. People who hate a business, or don't like what color it is should just not patronize them.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I was told the reason Subway uses the color yellow so intensely in its locations was to make people uncomfortable.

If your goal is to sell as many sandwiches as possible, you don't want people loitering around, hogging up all the tables.

I wonder if that's true?

Well, I don't go into Target because it's all red inside. I feel like I've been eaten by a whale.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I was told the reason Subway uses the color yellow so intensely in its locations was to make people uncomfortable.

If your goal is to sell as many sandwiches as possible, you don't want people loitering around, hogging up all the tables.

I wonder if that's true?

Well, I don't go into Target because it's all red inside. I feel like I've been eaten by a whale.

Wow bedlam.Something we can agree on..

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
I actually paint the guest bathroom walls a shade of red in any house I live in because it makes whomever is using it not want to be in there, in part due to raised levels of agitation because of color.

What ?

Man I hope you are lying

You got issues dude, normal people don't do things like that

You are not normal and someone has to tell you

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Target has a very..."trippy" feel to it because of the color scheme. I feel like I've stepped into an alternate reality or some kind of Dr. Seus book.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join