It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fury rises at Disney over use of foreign workers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
this is so easy to fix....pass a law that any foreign worker has to be paid the exact same as the American worker or more, and have the same benefits....H1B gone

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
Dunno about nowadays, last I went for a 5 day trip to disney, it cost a fair bit more than a trip to walmart
That was over 15 years ago though, times sure have changed.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
this is so easy to fix....pass a law that any foreign worker has to be paid the exact same as the American worker or more, and have the same benefits....H1B gone

Haha, I laughed then I cried.

You are absolutely correct , but it would never happen:

1. Who is this broken for: the workers or the corporations with the lobbying dollars?

2. Who is pushing for this: the workers or the corporations with the lobbying dollars?

3. So if this is what the corporations with the lobbying dollars want and ARE pushing for , its not broken for them.

There are many simple fixes but our purchased congress won't consider them . Solely for example and hopefully not derail the thread:

Immigration is another simple fix: Severely Prosecute the companies that hire them and they won't come. However, they won't do that because the Agriculture industry is not only the biggest offender of illegal immigration but they are one of the biggest lobbyist.

This will be thrown into a a partisan issue and the minions will be busy B$ and fighting each other, while the Corporations and Congress continue to outsource and import foreign cheap labor.

edit on 44430America/ChicagoThu, 30 Apr 2015 15:44:18 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Congress doesn't care about the average citizen. Waiting for the same members to be reelected so the downward spiral can continue.

Senators and reps don't want to do the difficult work (such as of turning down bribes from corporations) and move to fixing the country.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Immigration is another simple fix

Senator Rubio came right out and said that is too hard. I would suggest he find a new line of work.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Senator Rubio came right out and said that is too hard. I would suggest he find a new line of work.

Yep, He also as a Republican went against Republican ideals and voted to allow Federal Gov't to trump over State rights, by not allowing the state to decide for themselves if they should label GMO products.

If the individual democrats and republicans don't open their eyes and stand together we have no chance. Our good paying jobs and everything below will be outsourced.

Perhaps Walmart is aware of increase of H1 Visa coming down the pipe in the next 10 years. Hence they are going to spend 250 BILLION dollars in the next 10 years to bring back jobs? That to me is pretty concerning.

edit on 27430America/ChicagoThu, 30 Apr 2015 16:27:44 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Systematically destroying the American middle class one step at a time. The companies in the past used to just outsource the whole IT area in the plant to another company and fire and restructure. Many would lose their pensions this way. This new way must be easier with less legal problems.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: bullcat
Perhaps we should start laying off the yanks working in Europe and other parts of the world.

(we could start by firing all those Americans in our army and intelligence bases)

Okay.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
"It's a small world after all" - Disney's just keeping with their NWO theme that they have been promoting for the past fourty-five years.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Also note, Disney didn't hire these H-1B workers directly. They hired five consulting firms to do the work, at the lowest bid, whom then hired their own H-1B visa employees to do the contract work onsite at Disney. Yes, the outcome is the same, but the five consulting firms using H-1B visa's should be getting the brunt of the blame. Also, Disney could fix this issue somewhat, if they added a "local worker" clause in their future contracts, requiring a certain percentage of US citizens be on a consulting companies staff while doing projects with them.

originally posted by: marg6043
Disney has become a all for profit entity that caters to the oversea foreign tourist that the raise in the Euro has made possible for them to enjoy to visit the US,

This is the answer. Large retail price increases in Disney's Theme Park services and related products does not affect the bottom line, because the majority of their current customers now are foreigners on vacation. That's one reason why they keep increasing the prices of park tickets, it keeps local Riff-Raff out of the parks, so as a result the foreigners have a "peasant visit".

originally posted by: interupt42
Immigration is another simple fix: Severely Prosecute the companies that hire them and they won't come. However, they won't do that because the Agriculture industry is not only the biggest offender of illegal immigration but they are one of the biggest lobbyist.

I've noted here previously that taking "violent" action, as abhorrent as it seems, is the only way to keep immigrants from willingly coming here and undercutting the wages of citizens. The way it stands now, companies recruit immigrants to come in, take someones job, work for less and in turn the immigrants get to live under relatively safe conditions, while they work.

Why are people still "asking permission" or trying to "legislate" what they want? Stop asking!

People making babies and immigrants coming into the county are costing ALL OF US MONEY. Not through any fault of their own, but because of the way the "Owners of Capital" have set up the rules, pitting their offspring against everybody else who was already alive and working.

Change can be achieved WITHOUT government backing or influence, but people have to begin to realize how children and immigrants are harming their current subsistence and future earnings. If more people started pushing back at these people in public, they will eventually learn that they don't want to move here and many Americans will begin to refrain from having kids.

You don't need the governments permission to harass people and Americans need to start doing it again, but this time leaving out gender, race, religion and class, as the basis. People having kids and immigrants are the new enemy, especially since we cannot make a direct strike against the "Owners of Capital" and cannot form Unions or Work Councils to help protect our interests in labor discussions, using collective bargaining.

People, en mass, should start saying the following to baby makers and immigrants TODAY!!!
"You have children in this day and age, shame on you!"
"You immigrated to this country recently and stole a job from an American, shame on you!"

Since "labor" does not have the bargaining chip of Unionization, nor the ability to elect true progressive politicians, opposing all forms of immigration and taking real action against "profiteers" are the only options left. There must be a willingly cultural shift, which forcefully decreases the population that is competing over scarce jobs in the larger market.

Changes in policy can only occur today, IF, these foreign workers started being treated the same way as workers whom "crossed picket" lines during the Depression. Sadly, that could mean violence, until these foreign workers on visas, understand that stealing wages from Americans is not welcome by the local population, will not be tolerated and directly results in an unsafe environment for them in which to earn said wages. Same goes for upper management, when their personal cars drive up to the company parking lot, no holds barred, roughing ups should be happening every day. Note, grabbing a CEO out of his car in the parking lot, IS NOT, the same thing as burning the office building to the ground. Treating an H1B visa worker as a "picket line crosser", IS NOT, the same thing as yelling a racial slur at them in the office.

Workers today can learn a lot from those whom dealt with this same issue during the depression. I think the 1933 movie, "Heroes for Sale" perfectly sums up the situation we are in today. Things can't change until workers start acting like the ones portrayed in this film. We are at the end of our rope, NO MORE BEGGING, NO MORE INVESTIGATING AND NO MORE PUBLIC POLICY BUILDING. Angry mobs should be forming in front of corporate offices across the country and I don't mean "Occupy Wallstreet" style with the proper "permits" and "free speech" zones either. Historical events that took place during the depression provide all the working models we need today and those options do NOT include 1960's era sit-ins.

Americans need to start "roughing up" those causing the most damage to the lower classes, ON AN INDIVIDUAL SCALE and that means grabbing a CEO out of his car in the parking lot or massive crowds showing up at his personal home on a Sunday afternoon.

The thing that many are forgetting is, these tactics worked during the Depression. All of the "civilized methods" have gotten us NOTHING so far. Where do any of you expect us to be in another 10 years using the current "civilized methods"?

"Roughing Up", specific people, is all we have left. We are in a corner.
edit on 1-5-2015 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

I can explain this easily. Remember when Bush was POTUS and the tea party wanted a wall built to keep Mexicans in Mexico? The republicans were in a tizzy because their corporate masters wanted that cheap labor. So the Puritan republicans wanted those Mexicans stopped but the regular republicans had no intention whatsoever of following through with that idea. Remember he fight? It was the republicans that encouraged and supported corporations giving all our jobs ovrseas to increase their profit. They will always serve the rich.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Battleline
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

The best way to counter what Disney has done with American workers is boycott them and there products.

People have and always have had the power to make or brake company's like Disney, it just seems we would rather whine then do anything about.

Good luck doing that with the electric company!
I hope you like cooking over open fires.
What? That's illegal where you live?
Better buy a new can opener, your old one is electric.
They have us by the short ones every way you look.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
why not just open a new park, where all the employees are americans? i don't get why we're sitting here pretending like we don't have enough people and resources to create our own sustainable economy.

this country has pretty much everything it needs already. trade deficit needs to be fixed though. there's enough people that we can create what we need and buy from each other. we aren't being forced to buy from china, we just do.
edit on 2-5-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Boycotts would work and people could easily sacrifice for a while trust me and I really think if we hit the 1%ers in the pocket they would cave like the soup sandwiches they are. I have a backyard smoker and could keep my neighborhood eating like kings with no power and I am sure every block has at least one bbq. You would be amazed at what people can do when we actually do something!
edit on 2-5-2015 by Slickinfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: bullcat
Read carefully again the difference. Are there laws in Europe allowing the easy replacement of workers from Europe for CHEAPER labor from the U.S. in the tens of thousands per year?...

You would have to actually think, in order to answer that question. Which is probably why you did not get a response. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Hell has frozen over, I actually agree with something that you said! Well, other than the "or more" part. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Slickinfinity

I'd love to think that were true but anyone who has access to the underground bunkers and countless billions of $ can easily outwait us for years if necessary. It isn't so much about money as it is control, imo of course.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
You guys know what sums up the happiest place on earth? The price of the food alone inside that bloodsucking, King of all rip offs, overcrowded maze from hell.

Yeah like me, you can show your Disney Side by visiting The Tomorrowland Terrace for a bite to eat, which is located back near Space Mountain.
2 cheeseburger combos, and 2 bacon cheeseburger combos, and 3 cokes = $53.93

Yep, you heard it right, and just to be sure I am staring at the receipt right now because I kept it in order to remind me if I we're ever stupid enough to even consider going back there.

And that was for just 3 cokes, cause I drank water. No not the $5 dollar tiny water bottle, I brought my own. Apparently the cokes are not included in the combo, LMAO!

Yeah so $53.92 for the most horrible burgers I have ever had in my entire life, that was the kicker. Make the magic last all year long! ~$heopleNation

edit on 2-5-2015 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

LOL me to.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Can this be constitutional?
when will some one Stop obama?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>