It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Scorpian Ensemble Combat Suit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The Sun newspaper recently published an article on a future outfit for soldiers called the Scorpion Ensemble outfit. It is packed with sensors and has in built NVG in the helmet. Unfortunately though, the article didn't go into detail (idiotic tabloids
)

Does anyone have more information on this suit?

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
the Massachusettes Institute of Technology has just been given a grant to develop nano technology applications for such a future suit
leap tall buildings in a single bound, change camo colors, implied invisabilaty, react to wounds with medication, contol body heat, etc...
very cool stuff

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The us has been devolping a battle uniform that include NVG'S-INFA-AND GPS all in one. and also the OIC weapons. Not relly new stuff. Now I wonder if thier devolping a Armor battle suit sort of like Elemental suit ( for those who played or read Mechwarroir.

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 01:00 PM
link   
There will be a day when you will be able to buy one at a pawn shop,that will be the day!

I think i heard about this on the Discovery,History channel before.Or it sounds the same it looked realy cool a bit ahead of our time I think.Something about bullets being able to take control in mid flight being able to hit onley the enemy ect.

[Edited on 6-6-2003 by Virus]

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Not the pawn shop, a surplus store! get it right, pawn shops don't always have the quality products. Who at a pawn shop, besides the hundreds on military posts, is going to know how to use such a device?! And yes, the univerity named has been granted the right to design and build a nanotech suit for the US Army. But not anytime soon will these on the open market.

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Heh well you realy think these things will work?I mean do we have the abilite to create such a suite?

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I wounder if the government has already developed this kind of tech. and if it has been then its probably being used in combat. And now they want to get it out into the public by allowing the university scientists to "discover" it.

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Interesting point, perhaps it is in use and the military would do something like that. Heres a artist renduring from one of the original articles.

new topics

top topics

join