It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOT a plane and likely NOT a blimp - SAN DIEGO LIGHTS

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: Urantia1111
Personally, i have no problem accepting that this may be something extraordinary, but since youre here on ATS and this doesn't fit any of the usual debunking categories, im afraid it will not be allowed to go any further than "CGI/HOAX"...

That's the problem with ATS thought, isn't it?
There are plenty of more plausible explanations for this, but people will absolutely refuse any of the more likely explanations and instantly claim ALIENS!!!!

This could be someone with a drone, but no, ALIENS!
It could be misidentification, but no, ALIENS!
It could be some kind of misidentified atmospheric phenomena not yet understood, but no, ALIENS!
It could just be a hoax by a bored camera crew, but no, ALIENS!
It could be a military project, but no, ALIENS!

The lack of explanation for something should not mean we instantly believe that another life form has built a ship, traveled thousands, hundreds of thousands or even millions of light years, just to come to our planet to flash lights at us from the sky.

Like it or not, there is as yet no evidence of alien visitation. There is, however, plenty of evidence that people lie, plenty of evidence that our governments develop secret craft, plenty of evidence that people like to make hoaxes, fly drones or make fake videos.

Given the weight of information and evidence we have for these things, compared to absolutely no evidence for alien visitation, any sensible person is going to say this is interesting, but still not proof of anything.

The kneejerk response that it is alien or the ufos means aliens is annoying The u.s test secret craft, some of you see it.

Here is kids drone flying in unison.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Not sure if this forum auto formats tweets, but heres what my idea of an outline would be
twitter.com...

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Looks like a reflection from the lights on the ground. That red strobe looks dead on, and also flashing dead on like the red stroke light on the ground, as well.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The strobe makes it less convincing but other then that the shape is crazy im surprised there hasn't been more reports of it

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoofinterest

All they have to do is take a daytime picture of the building from the same angle and this case is solved.

No way it's drones or RC quad copters.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoofinterest

source: www.nbcsandiego.com...

source: ufoandalientruthnetwork.com...

That must be some tall building and anyone can make a claim like this, where is her proof, video, photos? Furthermore, why can't we see the building in the video? I can see radio towers,other assorted lights, poles, trees and many other small details in the far background of the video so one would think a giant building would also be visible.
edit on 5-5-2015 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth

originally posted by: ufoofinterest

source: www.nbcsandiego.com...

source: ufoandalientruthnetwork.com...

That must be some tall building and anyone can make a claim like this, where is her proof, video, photos?

You are right. Its more lkely its a huge mothership from a distant galaxy than a tall tower block construction in california...CRAZY idea!

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

That's solely your opinion. Try comprehending what I said before making snide remarks. Thanks

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

a reply to: 3danimator2014

That's solely your opinion. Try comprehending what I said before making snide remarks. Thanks

I know exactly what you meant. And yes, its my opinion that its more likely that its a building than a big ufo.

And frankly, almost everyone should really be sharing this opinion

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

There are plenty of more plausible explanations for this, but people will absolutely refuse any of the more likely explanations and instantly claim ALIENS!!!!

It could be some kind of misidentified atmospheric phenomena not yet understood, but no, ALIENS!

The lack of explanation for something should not mean we instantly believe that another life form has built a ship, traveled thousands, hundreds of thousands or even millions of light years, just to come to our planet to flash lights at us from the sky.

Like it or not, there is as yet no evidence of alien visitation. There is, however, plenty of evidence that people lie, plenty of evidence that our governments develop secret craft, plenty of evidence that people like to make hoaxes, fly drones or make fake videos.

Given the weight of information and evidence we have for these things, compared to absolutely no evidence for alien visitation, any sensible person is going to say this is interesting, but still not proof of anything.

When the greek philosopher Aristotle first suggested that the world was round skeptics dismissed it as fantasy.
When Nicolaus Copernicus theorized that the sun, not the earth, was the centre of our solar system many considered it heresy.
When Jules Verne wrote that a human being would some day travel to the moon science rejected it as pure fiction.

We must believe...perhaps one day our thoughts about aliens and ufo's will undergo a similar transformation.
edit on 5-5-2015 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: drphilxr
a reply to: OnTheMove

All i got from the original article was "del cerro" neighborhood, looking towards the coronado bridge - you can google map the general sightline. I would also try to tweet to the reporter @LauraAllisonMac to ask her where that camera crew was EXACTLY. She didn't reply with that info to me...yet

If it is in the direction of the Coronado Bridge then could it be the following building with crane?

Topping Off 15th and Island
The first of two residential towers at 15th and Island was recently topped off in the East Village. At 479 feet tall, it will become San Diego’s tallest residential tower and fourth tallest overall building.

twitter.com...

www.sandiegostreets.com...

www.skyscrapercity.com...

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 5/5/2015 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Has any other corroborating evidence come to light photos or video? I cannot believe such a large display or phenomenon captured by a news cameraman has not led to some sort of attention even nationally?

Now for the Tower connection anyone can go to the same location and film during daylight or again and night and put an end to that speculation.

This at the least strange even if it is a visual atmospheric illusion...

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Can someone create a map based on the vantage points described in the article?

Del Cerro is pretty far away from the Coronado Bridge? The lights are southwest of the bridge...these lights would be about the water? The bridge goes over the water FYI...

San Ysidro is farther south than the bridge...Based on the video footage and the possible distance from the sighting this object with the lights would have to be massive?

Honestly the first thing I thought of was this was filmed inside and the lights are a reflection on the glass of some electronics inside the house/apartment from where the person was filming from. However if there are witnesses from different vantage points, then this theory is ruled out.

For lense flare, directly below the lights, there is a blinking red light just like on the UFO however they don't pulse at the same time, it's very close, very similar size... There is also no pushing purple light on the ground as in the UFO.

Crazy this hasn't been debunked yet...

Curious, why would NBC put this out, with no follow up...you think they would be ok with admitting a mistake? Strange indeed...

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
Can someone create a map based on the vantage points described in the article?

Del Cerro is pretty far away from the Coronado Bridge? The lights are southwest of the bridge...these lights would be about the water? The bridge goes over the water FYI...

Could it have been filmed a lot closer than Del Cerro? I still think it is one of the residential towers being finished with the crane on top. The following footage is from 2013 filmed from Coranoado Bridge. See from 1:31 where you can see a strobe obviously from a crane on a building. Lights are visible at the top of the building. Shortly before that there is a pulsing light on what could be a tower as seen in the "UFO" video.

Obviously back in 2013 the tower wouldn't be the height that it is during 2015.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This image is from San Diego Sun Times who credited the photo to be taken from several UFO websites...I have no idea if this photo is reliable, posted by Alejandro Rojas who is the radio host for Open Minds. The picture is apparently taken by Larry Fox an NBC 7 viewer.

Found this:

Here is a video from Larry Fox of an earlier UFO in San Diego:

It is very possible to be a hoax perpetuated by San Diego NBC 7...
edit on 5-5-2015 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Southwest of the Coronado Bridge is the Naval Amphibious Base Coronado...possibly drones, flares, helicopters...etc...

Red lights could be flares, purple and red pulse are a drone of some sort, smaller white and purple lights I'm not sure...Either cameraman mistakenly filmed from inside his vehicle and the lights are a reflection on the glass... or this is an actual navy exercise at night...

Here is where the base is located:

Sorry small image...maybe this is better:

edit on 5-5-2015 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

a reply to: Rocker2013

When the greek philosopher Aristotle first suggested that the world was round skeptics dismissed it as fantasy.
When Nicolaus Copernicus theorized that the sun, not the earth, was the centre of our solar system many considered it heresy.
When Jules Verne wrote that a human being would some day travel to the moon science rejected it as pure fiction.

We must believe...perhaps one day our thoughts about aliens and ufo's will undergo a similar transformation.

I agree..have hope and believe..but not at the expense of common sense.

Also the thing you listed people didn't believe in could be proven to be correct. There is no proof whatsoever for alien visits to earth.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

Looks like, there will be no reporting, I found this article today:
www.huffingtonpost.com...

"Regarding this most recent case of odd lights in the sky, the TV station itself has stopped responding, after UFO researchers and The Huffington Post called, asking for details of the event.

A reporter, who said she was instructed not to give her name, told HuffPost that the station management didn't want any of their photographers interviewed or giving out information on the matter. "

(sorry, I'm new here, not sure how to properly quote or post links, hope this is ok)

btw I think it's aliens

edit on 562015 by justbe because: added something

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: justbe
a reply to: abeverage

Looks like, there will be no reporting, I found this article today:
www.huffingtonpost.com...

"Regarding this most recent case of odd lights in the sky, the TV station itself has stopped responding, after UFO researchers and The Huffington Post called, asking for details of the event.

A reporter, who said she was instructed not to give her name, told HuffPost that the station management didn't want any of their photographers interviewed or giving out information on the matter. "

(sorry, I'm new here, not sure how to properly quote or post links, hope this is ok)

btw I think it's aliens

See... here's where all this could have ended, and here is where some folks want it to end.

But with response's like that from those that saw it, it opens a whole new door, that's obviously a gag.
If this is just a crane on a building.. then..

why the gag?
Where the pic of this place in daylight... it's been OVER a week now, all this would be done and dusted with one raw (they'll check the EXIF for "alterations".. just like is done to us..) pic from that location.

At this point.. the actual evidence points towards an anomaly (not aliens.. ANOMALY.. it's not that hard to wrap your head around..) and all the debunks have been pure speculation and some words on twitter than anyone could have written... and it was DAYS after we started looking into it.. and we're meant to take that as proof...???

I'll re-address the problem for the TL
R folks

This should have been easy to debunk... and so far it's just gotten weirder, words on twitter do not a picture make.
Show us (UNALTERED) proof of this Building... and this will end rather quickly..

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join