It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOT a plane and likely NOT a blimp - SAN DIEGO LIGHTS

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
figures, something happened near me and i missed it!

But i did get to see the phoenix lights, on the news, after I had moved out of state, wait never mind guess that means i missed that one too lol

the only alien experiences I've ever witnessed happened before the days of pagers and cell phones. But considering I lived on base it was easy to assume my step dad was flying one of them so I was young enough not to think it was aliens, now I am not so sure.
edit on 4-5-2015 by Thisisfun2015 because: had to add my humor

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: drphilxr
a reply to: St Udio

holy schnikes you have over 9 MILLION stars on commentary - bravo!

I say we start an Occupy ATS movement until he gives us some of his stars!
I mean REALLY.. does anyone deserve SOOoo many stars?

b
edit on 4-5-2015 by Bspiracy because: cuz I caint spell desvre

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Any updates? New theories? Evidence?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
Personally, i have no problem accepting that this may be something extraordinary, but since youre here on ATS and this doesn't fit any of the usual debunking categories, im afraid it will not be allowed to go any further than "CGI/HOAX"...

That's the problem with ATS thought, isn't it?
There are plenty of more plausible explanations for this, but people will absolutely refuse any of the more likely explanations and instantly claim ALIENS!!!!

This could be someone with a drone, but no, ALIENS!
It could be misidentification, but no, ALIENS!
It could be some kind of misidentified atmospheric phenomena not yet understood, but no, ALIENS!
It could just be a hoax by a bored camera crew, but no, ALIENS!
It could be a military project, but no, ALIENS!

The lack of explanation for something should not mean we instantly believe that another life form has built a ship, traveled thousands, hundreds of thousands or even millions of light years, just to come to our planet to flash lights at us from the sky.

Like it or not, there is as yet no evidence of alien visitation. There is, however, plenty of evidence that people lie, plenty of evidence that our governments develop secret craft, plenty of evidence that people like to make hoaxes, fly drones or make fake videos.

Given the weight of information and evidence we have for these things, compared to absolutely no evidence for alien visitation, any sensible person is going to say this is interesting, but still not proof of anything.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: OnTheMove
Long time lurker, first time poster. I live in the San Diego area and can say with relative certainty that this is a high rise under construction. Only the top floor is lit up and the flashing lights are cranes on top of the building, making it appear like it's hovering. Does anyone know the exact address or GPS points where this video was filmed. If so, I will check it out personally.

This make a ton of sense. There's no way something like that sat up in the sky in San Diego and wasn't recorded like crazy. The original person who recorded it simply had the perfect angle to make it look like a UFO.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: Urantia1111
Personally, i have no problem accepting that this may be something extraordinary, but since youre here on ATS and this doesn't fit any of the usual debunking categories, im afraid it will not be allowed to go any further than "CGI/HOAX"...

That's the problem with ATS thought, isn't it?
There are plenty of more plausible explanations for this, but people will absolutely refuse any of the more likely explanations and instantly claim ALIENS!!!!

This could be someone with a drone, but no, ALIENS!
It could be misidentification, but no, ALIENS!
It could be some kind of misidentified atmospheric phenomena not yet understood, but no, ALIENS!
It could just be a hoax by a bored camera crew, but no, ALIENS!
It could be a military project, but no, ALIENS!

The lack of explanation for something should not mean we instantly believe that another life form has built a ship, traveled thousands, hundreds of thousands or even millions of light years, just to come to our planet to flash lights at us from the sky.

Like it or not, there is as yet no evidence of alien visitation. There is, however, plenty of evidence that people lie, plenty of evidence that our governments develop secret craft, plenty of evidence that people like to make hoaxes, fly drones or make fake videos.

Given the weight of information and evidence we have for these things, compared to absolutely no evidence for alien visitation, any sensible person is going to say this is interesting, but still not proof of anything.

Thank you. Just because there is no readily available explanation does not mean we should jump to the most far fetched one.

It worries me that some people just can't seem to grasp the very simple notion that the EXTRAORDINAIRY claim of aliens and mother ships would require extraordinary evidence.

End of story

One video of flashing lights that look nothing like a ship is really very poor "evidence "

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: drphilxr

I would have liked to see a full video of those lights. I am not a fan of 10 second or so clips...it leaves room to guess there were edits made or parts of the video left out intentionally.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
IMO its the new Airlander 50 all pimped up with night lights.

Official site

Lots of different angle photos on the web, just google airlander...

Could also be the P-791 from LOCKHEED !

It certainly isn't a Imperial Star Destroyer...
edit on 4-5-2015 by p4rs3C because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

C'mon, I actually never said "ALIENS" aka George Tsoukalos style from history channel....

I feel it's a coin toss as to whether it's a reflection or blimp, vs. something extra-terrestrial or extra-dimensional.

For the record - ATS has felt stale in the last 2-3 years when it comes to compelling video/photos of anything modestly interesting. The last interesting topic I can recall was the Oslo "Spiral" in 2009, which was pretty much chalked up to a failed Russian Bulava missile launch.

That being said, I'm a bit miffed the reporter hasn't updated the news story, nor has anything else significant (photos, eyewitness accounts) been posted online by others (even on mufon.com there's no collaborating story). This story is rapidly getting stale!
edit on 5/4/2015 by drphilxr because: saint

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

News outlets will do this from time to time... throw a little UFO story into the mix, knowing full well what it is, just to generate ratings. No reason to get back to it when it wasn't a mystery to begin with.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Here's an interesting analysis from YouTuber Suspectsky. Funny as I was watching his video, when he mentions that recent UFO sightings consist more of light clusters instead of metallic saucers, I thought "yes, other races are getting back in the mix again, such as The Pleiadians..." And what do you know he mentions The Pleiades star cluster and puts an image of The Pleiades and these lights on top of each other and they fit quite well actually.

His image filtering doesn't show any type of skyscraper/crane structures, and quite honestly if you look at the original clip you'd sort of have to see a silhouette of the unlit building, wouldn't you? It's dark over here right now and when I look outside I can see dark silhouettes or the buildings and rooftops around. Plus, they'd be up really really high.

I think we might have a genuine UFO sighting on our hands, captured by a news crew. What more do you want?

edit on 4-5-2015 by IofRa because: fixing youtube embed

edit on 4-5-2015 by IofRa because: fixed it

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Here is my problem with this whole event.

Where is the interview of the News Camera-man?
What is his story how long did it stay there? The news station mentions none this!
Where is the rest of footage?
WHAT KIND OF HORRIBLE REPORTING IS THAT???
Next where are the corroborating photos mentioned in the Channel 7 news report?
Where is the reporting?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: IofRa

I agree with you AND with abeverage - A) the lights in question are too high, not associated with any visible structure (even if foggy, wouldn't other high rises have lights? yes) and B) WTF NBC? posting some lights, then no follow up, and NO cameraman interview?

Well, the potential explanation as to WHY no additional information IF this is a real UFO bothers me the most actually! We would assume that a government "iron curtain" has descended on the crew/producers and all witnesses - which nobody can prove, and makes us sound like crazy conspiracy theorists. ah well, we tried!

I don't think these are lights from a tall building. They are out of place. Blimp, or UFO. pretty much it.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: p4rs3C

Didn't know those were flying yet. Cool.

But I don't think that's what's in the OP video. No visible structure ["enhancements" aside].
edit on 4-5-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

There ya go drphilxr -- now you got a schnikey load of stars, too!

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
stoopid double post
edit on 5/4/2015 by TommyD1966 because: dp

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: teslahowitzer
If you take out the strobe...you have my attention, but it looks too much like a navi light. Why would a spaceship need that? Normally I love stuff like this...but Having trouble with this as a ufo....blimp type craft is my guess, but thanks for the post.....keep at it....

Well done for using your brain. There is no reason why a ship from another planet that isnt showing itself to everyone would have flashing lights (or any lights) on the outside of their hull. This BASIC tripping point is glossed over by UFO fanatics.

Where's your proof?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: p4rs3C

Did you even watch the video??? How does a airlander look anything like the lights in the video? Furthermore look at how big the light object is compared to the airlander which is 302 feet long and is not due out until 2016.

edit on 4-5-2015 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Well, rule number one when investigating a photo or video : look at the original. I don't mean the original tape here, but at least the original framing. Zooming on tiny things in the night won't provide any added value, but rather make you loose context. The less context (constraints) you have, the wilder theories you can draw.

Looking at the original video, you can see that the blinking light in the phenomenon looks just like another blinking light below on the ground. This is some kind of reflection of the city lights, probably a lens flare.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Here's my guess since it seems like the lights on the sky seem to be general the same as on the ground.
www.unmuseum.mus.pa.us...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join