It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOT a plane and likely NOT a blimp - SAN DIEGO LIGHTS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd By standards, it is a UFO until "identified"... Just my no value take on it...but if I have an interplanetary spaceship, A strobe would only be used in very friendly space. I know there are "others" out there, I am firm on that, just question the anti-stealth strobe. Lights play tricks on my eyes, and cameras sometimes give false or misleading imagery especially at night when multiple light sources overtake the object targeted. Sometimes my 2 cents is not worth anything, and very well could be the case, but I want more video (as many do) to make a personal conclusion.....so in retrospect....a UFO it is until.....

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
What I find most interesting is how it's position directly above the flashing light from the ground tower. The two (separate?) red flashing lights match up almost exactly. Would be interested in seeing other videos from other angles if they exist.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR
On the subject of whether an NBC News person would pass off a temperature inversion as real...Brian Williams.

That is all.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Tried to enhance it to look for some kind of structure connecting the lights..

Found none

OMG people are still talking about this? And you can't enhance such photos/video using photoshop filters to find a structure if the source image was of low resolution (as this was) or background dark (as this was). The structure is there its just not visible.

The guy responsible was caught.

BTW: Google "RC UFO" or "radio controlled UFO" and you will find plenty of things which look like that.
edit on 30-4-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

Yeah erm that's obviously not the same thing at all. I mean how is that even related to the OP in any way?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Yeah erm that's obviously not the same thing at all. I mean how is that even related to the OP in any way?

Because both are a model with lights and there was a guy in San Diego california who was caught hoaxing UFO sightings with one...

Oh and then there was the whole April 2015 - Worldwide RC UFO hoax thing..

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Well that's like saying all the murders in the world were caused by one killer...your debunky gloves made you leap before you looked.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Well that's like saying all the murders in the world were caused by one killer...your debunky gloves made you leap before you looked.

De- means to take away
Bunk - means junk

Logic means you put things together which are likely related in a coherent manner and order.

1. Months ago reports leak out from RC groups of people planning to stage a worldwide UFO hoax in April of 2015 with RC models with bright LEDs attached

2. A man in San Diego was implicated in staging UFO hoaxes with RC aircraft

3. A video appears taken in April of 2015 of what most RC enthusiasts easily identify as an RC aircraft with leds, in San Diego.

4. I make note of these facts and post them on ATS.

5. I get accused of being a "debunker"... as an insult!!?

Go figure. Yes i'm taking away the junk so you all can focus on REAL UFOS not RC models with lights. But hey, if you have a need to believe that toy are something more mysterious then there is no hope for you.

True UFOlogy is about eliminating false positives.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

De- means to take away
Bunk - means junk

Logic means you put things together which are likely related in an coherent order.

1. Months ago reports leak out from RC groups of people planning to stage a worldwide UFO hoax in April of 2015 with RC models with bright LEDs attached

3. A video appears taken in April of 2015 of what most RC enthusiasts easily identify as an RC aircraft with leds

4. I make note of these facts and post them on ATS

5. I get accused of being a "debunker"...

Go figure.

Aww don't get angry at me, I was just saying that this isn't clear cut as you stated.

By the way, I absolutely love your astronomy threads, some of the best I have seen on this here website.

Here, have a beer.
edit on 30-4-2015 by Jonjonj because: spelling

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Human_Alien
Am I looking at a diferent video than you? Yes there are two red lights but they do not match exactly at all. As one red light goes out the other red light comes on. Ergo, two red lights.
The answer is probably been given. Why would an alien ship have navigational strobe light on. Or better still if they wanted to be stealthy( alien or military) they have certainly failed miserably.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: drphilxr

I had a sighting back in September of last year, reported it to MUFON and authored a thread on it here as well. I wasn't able to get either photos or video of it although I tried, but this object looks remarkably similar to the craft I saw. It has less variety of light colors and is closer in proximity than my sightng, but it really looks like what I saw. And I observed this thing for a full hour, so I had a lot of time to study it. Wow.

SIGHTING

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

De- means to take away
Bunk - means junk

Logic means you put things together which are likely related in an coherent order.

3. A video appears taken in April of 2015 of what most RC enthusiasts easily identify as an RC aircraft with leds

4. I make note of these facts and post them on ATS

5. I get accused of being a "debunker"...

Go figure.

Aww don't get angry at me, I was just saying that this isn't clear cut as you stated.

By the way, I absolutely love your astronomy threads, some of the best I have seen on this here website.

Here, have a beer.

Thanks

And I'm not angry really.

I just get frustrated that so many are so willing to eschew rationality, reason and logic for more "mysterious ideas" which are pretty much bunk. Then when someone "de-bunks" that they're seen as the enemy.

Like I said, UFOlogy has taught us one thing in the years of studying sighting reports: The elimination of false positives in the form of hoaxes, misidentifications, natural phenomena and other mundane stuff is paramount to finding the signal in the noise, if a signal exists at all.

Hoaxes like this one are just more noise, more static, but it sure keeps people who might be interested in such topics busy chasing nonsense.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The red flashing light is a radio or cell tower and the rest of the lights look like a refinery of some sort in the background on land farther away, and the line of site shot groups them all together creating it to appear in the sky. if the video was longer you would catch on to this eventually.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Maybe it's active camouflage. Perhaps there is a star ship in orbit, and it's causing a reflection of the area below for the lulz.

Why you ask?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Just check out the chart.
It has to be one of these.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I still don't get why it's likely not a blimp?
It's very likely a blimp, or the club thing one pointed out.
I mean seriously, if a huge mothership would show up and hover over a big city, it would be pretty obvious. Not like this, but way stranger and less "plane" like.
So if someone could please tell me, why this should be anything other than what it appears to be: position lights?

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Well I'm a pilot and I've never flown a plane with any type of blue light. Aviation doesn't use blue. So it's not a plane or copter or blimp or anything like that

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: kidcraig

My kid's Air Hogs all use blue flashing LEDs, as do larger RC copters.

Still going with a formation of RC models.

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

And I am the ambassador of the ant-people.

Position lights
What: Also known as Anti-Collision lights, these lights are used for reference between pilots. Blue (some say it’s green… it’s not) on the right, and red on the left wing, these lights allow you to know where the conflict aircraft is in relation to you.
source

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

And I am the ambassador of the ant-people.

Position lights
What: Also known as Anti-Collision lights, these lights are used for reference between pilots. Blue (some say it’s green… it’s not) on the right, and red on the left wing, these lights allow you to know where the conflict aircraft is in relation to you.
source

It is red. It's not blue. And they're not anti-collision lights. Those are nav lights. Just like the red and green on a ship. Your anti-collision light is the red flashing beacon.

But continue to believe what you wish. Don't learn.

To the poster saying it's RC. Yeah could be those RC things with LEDs but that's quite a formation. Stable too.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join