It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOT a plane and likely NOT a blimp - SAN DIEGO LIGHTS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

That's a great point.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I'm inclined to say blimp - or reflection - if it turns out to be real (which I think it is - NBC's crew filmed this per their legend).

"This video was taken by our NBC 7 crew in San Ysidro. Several viewers also told us about the lights. Some said they appeared to be red, blue, and green and kept flashing and changing colors. Some who saw them say the lights didn't seem to move,like those on a plane or a drone. We put in calls to the military here to see if they could identify what these were. So far, no response."

Poor quality Light southwest of SD the prior day (I think unrelated)

PS - do you really think a professional NBC videographer would take a reflection and call it real?
edit on 4/30/2015 by drphilxr because: ps

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Its an oddly shaped cluster of lights, isn't it. Whatever it is, it seems to be somewhat stationary from what I can tell with 2 views.....I just checked with openminds.com website and there is now a story there about this with another picture of the lights which look different.

edit on 30pm30pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

If the weather down south is anything like it's been in Los Angeles the weather was coldish a few days ago and suddenly changed to humid and warm. Could this be a sun dog or reflection of the industrial facility below due to a cold air pocket hovering in the air mixing poorly with some warm humid marine layer or something similar?

Doesn't look right for the technologies involved for MHD or electrostatic propulsion. Doesn't look like some area effect veil laser or something along those lines. Doesn't look like a plasma bloom for ECW or something similar caused by triangulating laser, microwaves or radio frequencies.

I'm thinking natural. Wouldn't the whole city be seeing this with video tapes pouring in and mass hysteria about the alien invasion? Or was it just a few people seeing this from a specific angle that allows the reflection/ illusion?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
In the comments thread on the NBC site so far:

"Stuart Johnson
I could see it from Mission Hills at about 8:00 last night. It had red, blue and a strobe like effect. Very stationary. I watched for about 5 minutes and it did not move.
Reply · Like · Follow Post · 18 hours ago"

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Isnt San Diego on the Hostile enemy state list for Jade Helm? Maybe these are early military exercises???
edit on 30-4-2015 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: drphilxr

I'm going to guess it's a local RC club event.

Nothing this advanced, but you get the idea.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

I like the RC club drone flight as a plausible answer. . . Pretty much we haven't discredited an extra terrestrial source from terrestrial, and adds to objective analysis on ATS !
edit on 4/30/2015 by drphilxr because: formatting lines

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
a reply to: Grimpachi

Isnt San Diego on the Hostile enemy state list for Jade Helm? Maybe these are early military exercises???

If it was military they would be intelligent enough to turn off their lights and use night vision.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
So.....
The thing didn't move in the video.
The thing didn't move while an alleged witness (Stuart Johnson) watched it for 5 minutes.
Is it still there?
What did Stuart Johnson do after 5 minutes? Did he say oh well, this may be a mothership from another planet... but I have to go water my grass. Same goes for the NBC crew.... 'Oh, lets film it for a few seconds and then we'll go get a slushy at the Quiky Mart'.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I would say - Yes, that's exactly what they did! Not many people know what to do or who to contact...and most of us are too busy with our lives as is, even at 8pm.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

PS - do you really think a professional NBC videographer would take a reflection and call it real?

Fair question - and point taken.

Although, I can think of at least one reason they would though..to gauge 'public hysteria' over a legitimate main stream media channel filming ufos and putting it out there?

Bit far fetched, but the public have been tested for all sorts of things psychologically related...so it's a possible explanation, even if it is unlikely i suppose.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Thanks for the OP, nice one.

So then, we have had the temperature inversion/reflection...I shall chime in with Venus and a group of static geese, reflected and multiplied through swamp gas. There, solved!

Seriously though, It is a cool video, strange config of lights for sure. I suppose it is explainable with some video analysis etc, but I personally am not qualified to do that, so for now, UFO.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

I'm going to guess it's a local RC club event.

Nothing this advanced, but you get the idea.

I've never known an RC pilot to just "hover" for minutes on end. Typically they seem to like actually flying their craft. I think it has something to do with the limited "air time" they have, and wanting to get the most out of their experience.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

It could indeed be a natural phenomena, that's true.

It could also be what some of us are hoping it is...some exotic aerial craft from 'somewhere' (here or there).

The point about expecting masses of videos surfacing because all of the people in their hundreds from that area must have seen these things and filmed them, isn't something i'd agree with.

I agree it's what we would naturally expect or assume, but in practice i fear the majority of people are fairly unimaginative or unobservant and hardly ever look upwards, that is when they're not glued to their TV's, Mobiles, or computer screens.

People just don't see these things in the numbers you'd expect them to...bizarre, but true.

edit on 30-4-2015 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I live here and did not see it. It was actually over Tijuana Mexico.

They have lots of Drones around here. They are always stationary over the Border.

The weather is warm and clear.

Got my camera ready...

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
My biggest problem with footage like this is. Why do most of these groundbreaking UFO sightings have 30 seconds or less of footage the majority of the time? If I would've seen this I would've filmed it until
It was gone.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Tried to enhance it to look for some kind of structure connecting the lights..

Found none

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

What about all the stuff cropped out of that last pic like the industrial facilities light's below it?

"PS - do you really think a professional NBC videographer would take a reflection and call it real?"

Uhh yeah. they know how to operate a camera not much else. Why would they have to be well versed in physics and atmospheric anomalies to be competent at pointing a camera at something when told to do so, take queues on command 50% of the time from the director, and keep objects in focus with a camera ? Could have been a slow night in the area and they wanted some filler.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Why are the lights so oddly spaced? If it's a blimp wouldn't all the lights be in a pattern, evenly spaced out? What is the purpose of putting lights in utterly random places on a craft? If they are supposed to mark the location in the craft in dark conditions, you would want them evenly spaced on the edges so other pilots can make it out easily. These lights just see bizarre.

I'm not going to make any assumptions as to it's origins, but whoever designed that craft has the aesthetic sense of an idiot.
edit on 4/30/15 by peskyhumans because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join