It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard poll finds Millennials have little faith in government, media

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
One big reason could be that this generation has been failed by their parents.

Parents of EVERY generation have "failed"...there was no greatest generation. That was all a myth. Now the world is connected through the interwebs, we can access all of the dirt on anyone. Things have changed, evolved at an incredibly rapid pace with no sign of it slowing...
I've learned more about the world and the way it has evolved in the past 20 years by marathoning the entirity of "South Park". Introspection into our interconnectivity and the role it plays in our youth, especially last season.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

Can't imagine why-

edit on Thu Apr 30 2015 by Jbird because: removed OT comment

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

You are wrong and you are right.......This new generation is not leaving the parents home or starting families. Many are adult children needing to be cared for well into adulthood.

You are right about every generation looking down on the next but this time it is a little different.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: fixitwcw
a reply to: SubTruth

bingo. we have risk. seeing our children being locked up or shot because they won't take being robbed with a smile on their face.

I am talking about financial and social risk like buying a home and starting a family.
edit on 30-4-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

i'm white, 27, from a middle class (whatever that is) single parent home in a small town. i had it made i guess, but don't agree with the cops and the laws. speak out against that, and you get cps called on you, your license plate taken when you tell a cop they need a warrant to harass. even had some official threats behind a badge for outing an informant after i had witnessed a cop make his coc aine disappear. or it could have been when pointed out that an elected official here was a convicted felon though he was pardoned by the governer.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

You`re right !

The majority of people hear something 10-20 times and after that it has become their opinion without giving it even a second thought...

I always wonder how such a thing is possible, you hear something and have absolutely no thoughts about what you hear and think it`s the truth somehow?...do they have absolutely no brain activity or are they completely unable to come up with any original thoughts?

It`s not that difficult to figure out why things are happening and why certain things are being said by certain people...I`m guessing, most people somehow miss the ability to be able to understand things which are even barely moderate difficult.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: fixitwcw

i'm white, 27, from a middle class (whatever that is) single parent home in a small town. i had it made i guess, but don't agree with the cops and the laws. speak out against that, and you get cps called on you, your license plate taken when you tell a cop they need a warrant to harass. even had some official threats behind a badge for outing an informant after i had witnessed a cop make his coc aine disappear. or it could have been when pointed out that an elected official here was a convicted felon though he was pardoned by the governer.

Ok......Hmm. Not sure how to respond to this post other than I believe the police should wear cams 24/7 and that would help curb the rising tide of police related issues.

Also we should watch thread drift........

edit on 30-4-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
They have grown up in our zero tolerant prison education system, while being taught how free we are. They still live at home because the older generation allowed our jobs to be shipped over seas and they witnessed record and yearly growth of the 1%. They have watched there classmates arrested at school for the smallest offenses. Each student that believed the myth peddled by our society that if you go to college you will have a wonderful life, but most only get a life of debt. They have watched as half our political machine attempts to strip rights away from there friends. They experience stop and frisks daily while old people chant USA USA USA.

They have experience the spite and loathing from the older generation that has destroyed the whole idea of what the nation was supposed to be.

They are not dumb there time is coming and the systems of control so firmly established by the older generation will be swept away.

No one had to tell them how to think like corporate media, Limbaugh, or O'Rielly or Blizter, or any other talking head, they live therefor they know.

The system cannot stop the twitter revolution that is coming, and neither can you suckers sitting on your couch that bought this crap.
edit on 30-4-2015 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

The system cannot stop the twitter revolution that is coming, and neither can you suckers sitting on your couch that bought this crap.

More descent to what end?

Its easy to complain.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Its easy to sell out the younger generation and they know what you people did. They also know your voices are fading and it will be up to them to fix what you have broken.

Talk to them not at them and you will find out how they feel.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: Annee

Its easy to sell out the younger generation and they know what you people did. They also know your voices are fading and it will be up to them to fix what you have broken.

Talk to them not at them and you will find out how they feel.

I'm from the Hippie Generation. Tell me all about it.

Where is the change?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

I will agree that some generations have been overrated. But I think today's instant burrito, immediate everything mindset is destroying the kids. They have no stability anymore.
Moms got another boyfriend.
We have to move again.
This school will be better.
It's not his fault he failed that math test.
Here's your trophy for just wearing the uniform.
That crap adds up and the kids get to the real world and realize they are not prepared.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I agree with many of your points about the issues facing the younger generations. When you teach young people that they are winners no matter what and that blind tolerance is acceptable bad things happen.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Most of that stuff has been going on for generations...
the "everyone gets a trophy" thing can be traced back to the '80's and the skyrocketing lawsuits seeking emotional damages (, as a parent, I see much less of that and more hyper competitive parents forcing their kids to perform at sports at levels they cant physically do without long term effects.).
Same with schools...lawsuits...and politicians who send their kids to private school determining curriculum.

The instant gratification, grass is greener is due to the CONSTANT ADVERTISEMENTS that surround every facet of American life now. That scene has been growing since the '70's plastic fantastic set but now is in lightspeed mode. Every bit of # you can imagine is not so much a brand but a lifestyle. There's freaking Avengers brand gatorade and razor blades...then you see 80 year old MeeMaw whose pension disappeared in the crash of '08 behind the counter...Can i get you to take a short survey when you buy your toilet paper? Perhaps you would like to apply for our credit card? ("Please, if I dont get three more by tuesday, the manager said he would fire me").

Sorry if I'm a bit disjointed...I get your point on some of our crazy culture, but it has an origin in previous generations. I pray the next one CAN be disillusioned enough not to buy into it.

Tldr; from the smallest maggot to the biggest fly, we are all just part of the turdpile.
edit on 30-4-2015 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join