It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltimore Protester Snatched Up by Police on Live TV

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
It was pretty smooth how they had the Hummer block the camera when they made their move.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Man so many people here for the striping of ones rights!

I guess it is ok to tell some one how to protest as long as you don't agree with what they are protesting right?

Arrested for a curfew violation and we don't have people up in arms about how BS that is?

Ya constitution!!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

he was kidnapped. lmao

funny what people come up with.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: fixitwcw

You do understand that people don't need to be marandized in order to be detained, right? It's only if they're being arrested, which he was at some point, but you don't have to read anyone their rights before removing them from the streets when a curfew is in effect.

why not a simple "get on the ground" and then put him in the vehicle?

Because they don't need to do that. If he wants respect from law enforcement, then he should give it by keeping his happy arse off the streets after curfew. If not, don't expect happy police who are dealing with riots.

And no, I'm not a statist in the least, but I am a realist.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Was there rioting at the time?

Or just a man out past curfew?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Arrested for a curfew violation and we don't have people up in arms about how BS that is?

I'll call BS on your inability to put things into context.

The curfew is in effect because of riots--RIOTS!!! Not peaceful protests. So, if you want to whine about something, why not whine about the guy who doesn't respect the curfew and the officers trying to put an end to the destruction of (presumably) his city?

Or should we just go ahead and pity the lawless again, you know, since it's a riot over a minority dying while in custody of police?

Sorry, that doesn't excuse stupidity in my world.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Doesn't matter...see my response to your post. The 'why' behind the curfew matters, and if they don't enforce that, then what's the point?

Just let the damn city burn, right?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

a curfew is bs in a "Free country" you are free.... to do exactly what we say. and yes i know about being detained. and how it is an excuse to hold someone in jail without a phone call until you bow down, even if it takes days..... did you know that happens all the time? did you know their records won't even show you are in the jail until then? i have been detained/falsely imprisoned for days with no phone call or anyone knowing where i was at. i know what is right, and i don't see it from cops or the government anymore.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

So we just need a good reason to strip rights away right?
Punish the many for the actions of the few?
Again, was their rioting that night or when those cops had to deal with that man that was just walking around?
That is the context that needs to be looked at, not the night before.

I don't see a point to a curfew, I see that as a restriction of the right to assemble.
Laws and restrictions won't stop criminals right, just the law abiding citizens. And the law abiding ones are not the ones doing the rioting

If people are going to take these die hard stances on rights can't be taken away then it needs to be across the board not just when it suits them.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Well, you can see it as you see fit, and I do see your point to a certain extent, but when buildings and cars and possibly people are being destroyed by ignorant, self-serving, lawless rioters, a curfew so that things can have time to calm down is absolutely appropriate.

You complain about the rights of assembly being violated, but where does it say that the right is an absolute? Just like the second amendment, the first has its limitations as well. Your apparent advocacy of unfettered rights to do whatever overlooks the possibility that the curfew may have been what curbed further riotting that night, and it may have helped more people who have a right to their homes, possessions, and lives than it hindered the rights to peacefully assemble (and, of course, "peacefully" means following the laws, not ignoring curfews).

It may have save the lives of some vandals and looters, too--Maryland has a castle law in effect, with no obligation to flee.

You do know that there are areas between the extremes of unfettered rights and rights being taken away, don't you? It doesn't have to be one or the other.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: fixitwcw

And I can easily argue the opposite--it's all about life experiences, I guess, and I've only had a negative run-in with an LEO once in my 36 years, to include living 4 years under the jurisdiction of military police and 3.5 of that also under the jurisdiction of the German Polizei.

That doesn't mean I haven't been ticketed, talked to, detained, or arrested, it just means that any times that has happened (except the douchebag TN State Trooper and my speeding ticket), all LEOs involved have been extremely courteous and professional.

Maybe it's not the LEOs...just sayin'.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Because he is a protester.
Simple for most to understand that do not have a ready made paradigm but who seek to see beneath the apparent BS. The acceptable behaviors of people who are working against a fascist system will not belong to the supporters of that system.

SO?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Screw the pacifist. They are anarchists who don't like fighting. They are Libertarians who don't want to be imposed on.

Without force you have NO OPINION.

You just get run over by the HumVee if you aren't willing to confront the drivers.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
That's what happens when you tempt fate.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Yeah so?
He broke the curfew and was arrested.

He still is entitled to a phone call...which he must have been refused, as it would be known where he is being detained if he'd made the call.

They'd better not murder him, or else i'm guessing there really will be hell to pay.

Haha. That's in the 5th amendment right? You watch too many movies. You don't get no phone call.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The underlying legal basis for adult curfew eludes me. Are people's rights tied to a clock, do they expire like Cinderella's?

Treat everyone like a criminal, then we all live in a prison.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
He still is entitled to a phone call...which he must have been refused, as it would be known where he is being detained if he'd made the call.

So all because he did not phone you to say where he was being detained it means he was hidden away somewhere secretly?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Is this seriously news? Seriously? Newsflash, Captain Oblivious: If you break a curfew set in place to control violent riots, expect the silver bracelets if you get caught. Protest all you want, but don't try to hide among the cretins out breaking curfew, because that serves no purpose other than to make you look questionable at best.

I'm already so unbelievably sick of hearing about Baltimore. You're going to have a lot of people swinging over to the "Just shut UP about it" side even faster with BS fluff crap like this claim. Choose your conniption fits better.
edit on 4/30/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: largo
Without force you have NO OPINION.

History disagrees with you.

You just get run over by the HumVee if you aren't willing to confront the drivers.

You can always disable the HMMWV without confronting anyone. There's always another way between the two extremes of passively doing nothing or full-on attack. There are smarter ways--hence my comment about not excusing stupidity.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join