It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltimore Protester Snatched Up by Police on Live TV

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
So a Baltimore Protester, who was defiantly pacing and chanting in front of riot police (after curfew) was subsequently subdued and put into a humvee, carted off to who knows where to be held in custody.

Identified locally as 21-year-old Joseph Kent, social media users claimed police had targeted a man who was organising and addressing protesters peacefully at the time, as well as at the speed and abruptness of what they called his “kidnapping”.

He has featured prominently in civil action before, and was credited with organising Baltimore’s local protests against the Ferguson shooting of unarmed teenager Michael Brown

As of last night there was no indication where Kent was being held

Independent Article

Kent does have a history of political activism (including recently with Ferguson and the Michael Brown scandal).

edit on 30-4-2015 by FamCore because: typo

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Yeah so?
He broke the curfew and was arrested.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
So a professional agitator who encouraged riots is arrested while breaking the curfew and we are supposed to care, how?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

"As of last night there was no indication where Kent was being held "

No pretty sure when your arrested your taken to booking and there is a paper trail. this is more like he was disappeared.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Progressive government/police policies are in question now.

Doesn't look like anybody has the answers.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Couple questions...was that the same guy harassing Geraldo from one of the other threads?

And, did they actually put him in the Hummer? It kept moving the entire time driving by him and didn't appear to be anyone getting in through the window view in the video.

Either way, he was breaking curfew and knew what would happen, so that's what happened. He was obviously doing it for the media attention.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Looks like he is free according to his attorney.

Source

Prominent Baltimore activist Joseph Kent who was arrested Tuesday night on live TV was released Thursday morning, according to a tweet from his attorney Steve Beatty.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Kent, a 21-year-old music student at Morgan State University, gained attention during protests in Baltimore after the shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., according to a 2014 report in the Baltimore City Paper. In that report, Kent is credited with helping to keep protests peaceful and organized.

I think you may have misjudged the guy. But agree he did break the curfew!

www.usatoday.com

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

"As of last night there was no indication where Kent was being held "

No pretty sure when your arrested your taken to booking and there is a paper trail. this is more like he was disappeared.

As Vasa posted , he was released . Was this to get everyone riled up ? Or just jumping the gun , thinking he was carted away to Area 51 never to be seen again . Looks like it was no big deal , he was arrested while breaking curfew , and released soon after . Much ado about nothing .

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

But he was "snatched" and "kidnapped".

Sounds so much better and gives an emotional response from those not level headed enough to think for themselves.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

Kent, a 21-year-old music student at Morgan State University, gained attention during protests in Baltimore after the shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., according to a 2014 report in the Baltimore City Paper. In that report, Kent is credited with helping to keep protests peaceful and organized.

I think you may have misjudged the guy. But agree he did break the curfew!

www.usatoday.com

That's what they all claim, but that is not usually the results of their actions. Being out after curfew walking up and down the police line is not exactly encouraging peaceful activities.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Maybe they "snatched" him up to make it look good.

Then released him after giving him new instructions.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
...and in related news, person breaks law, gets arrested, and is release soon after. Film at 11.... < rolls eyes >

Hey OP, trying to stir the pot here over nothing? Come back when you have something of substance that is not a common occurrence and is actually worthy of a conspiratorial discussion. This story is not even close.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

He might be with the media too, have to keep them ratings rolling.

Haven't seen any slide whistle bombing yet, but I'm sure that's coming soon.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Thanks for your criticism and sarcasm!
I just wanted to gauge how my fellow ATS members were feeling about the video and story, since I thought it was a reasonable apprehension.

Not trying to "stir the pot" at all actually. Just interested in what's happening in Baltimore and how the media presents these scenarios.

Is this not the forum for "Social Issues and Civil Unrest"?

Thank you, come again

edit on 30-4-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
ok statists.....i guess the read him his rights before they jumped the non-violent man with his hands up? did you hear the part that said they already fired upon him with his hands up? why not a simple "get on the ground" and then put him in the vehicle?
edit on 30-4-2015 by fixitwcw because: typo

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Yeah so?
He broke the curfew and was arrested.

He still is entitled to a phone call...which he must have been refused, as it would be known where he is being detained if he'd made the call.

They'd better not murder him, or else i'm guessing there really will be hell to pay.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

He's already been released

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Did it sound like I was advocating for the protester?

a Baltimore Protester, who was defiantly pacing and chanting in front of riot police (after curfew) was subsequently subdued

Many commenters seem to think I am "left wing" / anti-police in my thread, and I'm not sure why. I simply shared the video and article describing what happened and find it to be a good indicator of how much things have escalated in Baltimore over this short period of time.

Just to be clear, I think it was perfectly reasonable that he was apprehended. So I have explicitly stated my personal feelings about this situation and I do NOT condone breaking curfew or taunting officers.

edit on 30-4-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
He broke curfew, got arrested and released. I applaud the police for their swift and non violent approach.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join