It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Properties of coconut oil.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Sorry, I didn't want to hijack the thread. I just thought someone with experience with dogs and coconut oil might have some insight.

I see no problem as it relate to properties and effects of coconut oil.

The thread is not just for humans.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: PeterMcFly

Thanks for the info. I did probably over do it last time with the tree oil. I think the coconut oil does dissolves the parasites exo skeleton, great for treating nits and lice.Idk, the tree tea oil may not even be necessary.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

I think the coconut oil does dissolves the parasites exo skeleton, great for treating nits and lice.

It is possible as coconut oil is a very good solvent.

As like any oil, coconut oil most important effect on insects is that it block the air holes (spiracles) through which insects breathe, causing them to die from asphyxiation. In some cases, oils also may act as poisons, interacting with the fatty acids of the insect and interfering with normal metabolism.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

You fed a cat vegetable oil?

Par for the course on this thread, obviously.

Best reccomendation for Coconut oil in thread ...detractors dont even know what a Cocunut is !!.

Quite a few people I know use it before BJJ.....we roll on an exceptionally dirty mat ( used daily by savages of varying personal hygeine levels, never been cleaned in 5 years) and it seems to keep away ALL fungal skin disorders.

I am not an eco warrior/science dismisser but I wouldnt be suprised if nature has provided for every human need in some way or another and its just a questions of rediscovering how to use.

Coconuts probably featured in human migration and although you cant live on them for ever ( the water is diuretic I beleive) - I think you'd be pretty pleased to see a tree with fruit whilst in any survival situation.
edit on 11-5-2015 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

It is simple, coconut oil is "designed" to protect it's fruit from extreme heat and humidity condition prevalent where it come from. Those conditions are most favorable to the growth of fungus, so this is the most appropriate response from nature to fight againt organisms growing in such conditions.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I just remembered something amazing I wanted to share! A while ago, my husband started drinking this nasty tea. It completely stained the inside of his white coffee cup. Not even repeated washings in the dishwasher fazed this stained cup. When he ran out of the tea, he didn't get any more. But he started having coffee in that cup, WITH a TBLS of coconut oil. After about 2-3 cups, the stain was gone! The cup is completely white again!

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
A news report on the BBC last week mentions US heart experts saying it is just as unhealthy as most other oils.

Coconut oil is as unhealthy as beef dripping and butter, say US heart experts. It is packed with saturated fat which can raise "bad" cholesterol, says the American Heart Association in updated advice. Coconut oil is commonly sold as a health food and some claim the fat in it may be better for us than other saturated fats. The AHA, however, says there are no good studies to support this.

According to the AHA, 82% of the fat in coconut oil is saturated. That's more than in butter (63%), beef fat (50%) and pork lard (39%). And, like other saturated fats, studies show it can increase "bad" cholesterol. Some claim that the mixture of fats in coconut oil still make it a healthy option, but the AHA says there is no good-quality evidence for this. It says people should limit how much saturated fat they eat, replacing some of it with unsaturated vegetable oils - olive oil and sunflower oil, and their spreads.

www.bbc.co.uk...

It remains my healthy oil of choice along with E V olive oil.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

A news report on the BBC last week mentions US heart experts saying it is just as unhealthy as most other oils.

All this is based on the theory, now widely contested, that saturated fat is bad and raise LDL. No word however on the problems caused by unsaturated oil and the damages it cause.

Coconut oil is rich in medium chain fat (a good one) and a very good source of energy in a high fat low carb diet. Such diet will induce low LDL and high HDL.

In a mixed diet, high fat high carbs, it is my understanding that most bad effects will occur.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   

coconut oil - best use = lubricating coconuts

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Worth a watch.

One of my two amazing internet Dr contributors.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
personally... I have recently increased the use of coconut oils in cooking because I like the caramelized taste it leaves on both meats and vegetables...
(I think it has to do with heating the oil to over 75 degrees, which negates the long-chain fatty acid benefits inherent in coconut-oil)

for decades I was exclusive to use Virgin Olive Oil
edit on th31150132900329502017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Add a second You Tube presentation from Dr Berg This guy is well worth to follow..

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Our neighbors are refugees from Myanmar. They join us for dinner often, and this oil is always
brought up in conversation. The myriad uses keep our clan in amazement.

They use it in their toilet tanks to keep germs from forming. In tiki torches to sweeten the air plus keep mosquitoes away. Wiping it on tire treads decreases friction, wind and rolling resistance. Wiping it on your wallet prevents e-identity theft. A diesel tanker of the stuff was parked in our shared driveway this summer because they had an indoor pool installed, and we were given the surplus- about a thousand gallons. I'm looking into converting one of the Porsches into biofuel just so I can have my sunsetter back before the underground storage tank is completed (coconut oil must be stored in shade).

So many uses. The kids poured a few cups in with the Arowanas, and now they sport a blue platinum shimmer, and seem to require less food. They wear wineskin atomizers on their hips to school in case there's pinworm residue on the seats. With just a ittle elbow grease, I polished a few guitars and some ebony empire chairs with it (it stays on skin after bathing in it). At parties we are no longer squeamish about sharing our toys with other adults. I no longer have to spend time grooming because all hairs stopped growing except for the ones where I want them to grow, and I no longer have to use soap or chemical fraught shampoo as dirt won't stick to my flesh.

# 838
edit on 1-8-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join