It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cover-up/Exchange Agreement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I have often wondered why the different governments cover up ufo sightings. I have recently formed a theory on their reasoning. The theory is considering that the government has had, and is currently in contact with an alien species. Instead of putting myself in the "governments shoes" I tried to put myself in the aliens shoes. The alien species that are visiting us may not want the people from earth to have knowledge of them. Being that we are a people that cannot even get along with nations across a body of water, what would make them believe that we would get along with them. After all, they would more than likely have more physical differences than color of skin, shape of eyes, etc... They may be afraid that we would become friends long enough to gather technology and use it against them because of our differences. Again, this is assuming that we are in contact with them. Now lets assume that in the past the government has asked for technological secrets from them. My theory is that maybe the reason for cover up is that there was a compromise made. If the alien race brought forth just enough technological information to make the government hush up about them then they would in time give us medical advise, some weapons technology (not advanced enough to use on them), or new means of propulsion (again not efficient enough to visit their planet, but efficient enough to explore our galaxy). This would give the government a reason and incentive to keep it hush hush. If it was agreed to release the information over time, it would also explain why ufo's have been documented very early in all cultures. This rises question for me though as to why the alien race would even bother visiting us at all if this theory were true. Any ideas on why they would want to visit?

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Kata

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
the reson y the government doesnt tell us about whats really going on is because it would frighten people (or at least the averege person) like if one day you found out that aliens were real (not saying they arnt but if evryone found out for sure) people would be affraid and think that they might want to hurt them or that its wronge to make deals with aliens and so on if evryone found out they were real and believed it their would be a lot of chaos

[edit on 21-12-2004 by what_is_the_truth]

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
especially if you knew that they were feeding off us and trying to make us into their slaves... that might scare people... some

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Let's look at what we believe to be true.

1. The modern UFO era began shortly after the first A-bomb was detonated.
2. Early UFO sightings were primarily near defense installations, with many concentrated near the US' atomic facilities.
3. Most crash stories take place early during the era, and near powerful radar arrays.
4. All at once, such crashes no longer occurred.
5. Sometime after this, abduction stories started to emerge.
6. Most believe the first official recovery of crashed craft to be Roswell.
7. Indeed, many protocals were then established, including the entire reorganizing of the DoD.
8. The aliens want their existence to be a secret (otherwise nothing could prevent them from disclosing themselves).
9. For whatever reason, we've not been invaded since this all began.
10. There is evidence we were visited (though perhaps not contacted) in the past.

In my mind, this all points to...

1. Their (the aliens) interests, whatever they are, are not to be benefactors of mankind (otherwise, they wouldn't abduct those against their will).
2. There is some incentive for the government to maintain the secret, whether it be a tech exchange, or just to not appear powerless in the eyes of the people, there is some kind of incentive.
3. There is some incentive for the aliens to maintain the secret as well...so we are provideing them with something, or they simply desire to remain anonymous.
4. There is obviously something keeping them from invasion (whether they simply don't desire it, or logistics, or we have counter tech...one has got to be the case here).

Anything beyond the above, and you're pretty much delving into unsupported fantasy at that point...such as the Lear/Cooper idea of the "nutrient paste through the skin", etc.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
when u say that they arnt trying to benifactor us (meaning they are being harmful) i disagree. i think that they are trying to harm us but help us the reson y they do it without are will though is just because they know/think we wouldnt willingly let them do it. or maybe their not helping us either but i dought their trying to harm us (or at least not knowingly)

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Let's look at what we believe to be true.

1. The modern UFO era began shortly after the first A-bomb was detonated.
2. Early UFO sightings were primarily near defense installations, with many concentrated near the US' atomic facilities.
3. Most crash stories take place early during the era, and near powerful radar arrays.
4. All at once, such crashes no longer occurred.
5. Sometime after this, abduction stories started to emerge.
6. Most believe the first official recovery of crashed craft to be Roswell.
7. Indeed, many protocals were then established, including the entire reorganizing of the DoD.
8. The aliens want their existence to be a secret (otherwise nothing could prevent them from disclosing themselves).
9. For whatever reason, we've not been invaded since this all began.
10. There is evidence we were visited (though perhaps not contacted) in the past.

1. Their (the aliens) interests, whatever they are, are not to be benefactors of mankind (otherwise, they wouldn't abduct those against their will).
2. There is some incentive for the government to maintain the secret, whether it be a tech exchange, or just to not appear powerless in the eyes of the people, there is some kind of incentive.
3. There is some incentive for the aliens to maintain the secret as well...so we are provideing them with something, or they simply desire to remain anonymous.
4. There is obviously something keeping them from invasion (whether they simply don't desire it, or logistics, or we have counter tech...one has got to be the case here).

I think that there could be bad and good in this type of Alien like how Human's differ, some may want to help while other's may more want to help themself's. (they may need something from us that they dont have abundance of)

There is a reason why some may not want to attack, the more peacefull one's may engage them/step in their way if some of them did attack.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Maybe so, and wouldn't that be nice? However, the evidence we have, what little we have, doesn't support it unfortunately.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I think you hit the nail on the head with this one. Specifically, Aliens do not want us to know they exist. Through various incidents our government has collected enough material to publicly disclose the existence of these extra terrestrials.

But why haven�t they 'admitted' it?

Because there isn�t an incentive, but a punishment that will be dealt if their existence is brought forward.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
There is a cover-up of the alien presence on this planet. The cover-up is of course made by the Governments. I'm sure we (Powers-That-Be), have knowledge of the alien presence, and the (Powers-That-Be) have possession of extra-terrestrial material, whether biological, or technological.

They (ET) may not want to be found out or "disclosed", but they have not done a good job, as it is assumed the elements of Government are in possession of ET material. And why should aliens disclose themselves? Look at how much of an aggressive world we are against our own species. It's possible that military forces would lash out at any type of alien life that wished to disclose themselves.

If you say that the aliens would trade with humans, I highly doubt it at this point. If it is assumed that aliens would trade technology for harmful purposes, weapons, then it is assumed that they (aliens) are and considered to be a threat to humans on this world. They are considered to then have the capacity to use weapons against humans.

In my opinion, the reason why Governments keep this under wraps is the fact that elements within Governments have possession of ET material. They are using this material for their own ends, technology, experimenting with ET biological material on humans (CIA), and any other thing that can be accomplished with ET material. The powers at the top of the pyramid in this world are using this ET material against "us", the mass humanity who are in ignorance of the true agenda, the agenda of those humans at the top of the pyramid. If the mass of humanity found out what is really happening, we would topple the Government structure. Riots everywhere. How would people feel if we were being injected with fake flu shots, when it really was a mass experiment with ET biological material?

In my opinion, the powers-that-be have weapons developed to use against the ET presence/UFO. Think of the space weapons etc.

I think they are visiting to study the life on this planet, also could be an exploration by them. Who knows what kind of life is out there, beyond our own planet.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Dont be so hasty on your conclusions, you dont know why abductions are happening.We dont even know which and how much of these abductions are actually done by aliens(Could be the US secret) technology for a purpose or goal)

So long we dont know what is actally the reasoning behind it, we shouldnt be dismissing anything really.
People are too hasty going in one direction while there are many other directions that they just arent aware of due too lack of understanding.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I find it difficult to believe that the EBEs want any physical contact beyond anatomical research. The last thing an Alien species would want is for their tech to fall into the hands of us "clever monkeys." If we have alien tech in our hands then that is a threat to the superiority of these supposed EBEs. The tech we may or may not have was obtained as a fluke. A lucky strike, per se. They may be around to see what we're up to, but I think they're alot more carfule around us. There is no agreement with the visitors. (Yet.)

[edit on 25-12-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 05:28 AM
link   
If you consider the entire universe in the grander scale of things,
then by comparison we may not be much more than a virus or cancer
invading a living cell.

Getting smaller, we may consider that the greatest threat presented to
an advanced civilization might just be the germs we carry that could prove fatal to them
or theirs to us.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree

If you consider the entire universe in the grander scale of things,
then by comparison we may not be much more than a virus or cancer
invading a living cell.

Getting smaller, we may consider that the greatest threat presented to
an advanced civilization might just be the germs we carry that could prove fatal to them
or theirs to us.

Good point, sounds alot like "War of the Worlds".

There maybe a huge number of reasons why all the secrecy is in effect.
Anything from power hungry control freaks....
to desperate ETs with their own unfortunate circumstances...
to some biological / technical reason that we may not even be capable of comprehending.
I only hope their (ET) intentions are not malicious.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkCyrus

There is a reason why some may not want to attack, the more peacefull one's may engage them/step in their way if some of them did attack.

Perhaps concepts such as peace and hostility are unknown to them. They are after all aliens, so it very may well be that they have concepts and ideas that seem like gibberish to us, as ours may be to them.

[edit on 12-25-2004 by William One Sac]

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
they keep it secret because

If you tell people that sometihng exists al lof a sudden after not telling them for decades there going to be pissed off and therefore you lose the enxt election no one wantsa government that keeps secrets.
Or because if you went and told the world we have had contact from aliens and the works there would be wide spread chaos simple as

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Aliens can be friend or foe one thing they are are explorers like we humanoids. If you subscribe to the hollow Earth Theory the aliens have always been hear inside Mother Earth. Many different type of aliens that exist are from other solar systems many light years away from Earth within our galaxy. Others are dimensional beings that cheat time and space to get here. No matter how they get here they are here and we are under their surveillance and in many ways their control. You bring up many valid points but here are my thoughts on the matter. Lets say you are a Pleiadean from Pleiades and you are in need of natural resources, and you as the alien could just come and take what is needed, as many other alien races do as renegades or you negotiate not wanting to rock the boat with the alien federation and Earthling governments. It is alot easier to negotiate with leaders of Nations on Earth then to negotiate with civilians to get their wants and needs satisfied. This would mean less interference with the locals and you as an alien could work cooperatively with governments in underground installations in exchange for your technology and a well organized cover-up. Governments have access to most anything and most civilians do not. Governments do not want to lose there tax base from the worker bees you and me. What do I mean by that statement lets say hypothetically an alien race lands and makes a statement to the worldwide news media and by-passes all governments. They make a planned news media blitz to the world. Their statement is as such, Humanoids of Earth we come in peace we mean you no harm. We will show you how to cure all diseases, grow all of your food in an instant, you will no longer need grocery stores, and we will show you how to eliminate those funny looking wires you call electricity coming to your homes with an energy source the size of a dime. There will be no more wars, famine or pollution and those funny looking cars you drive we can show you how to drive them useing only water, and you really do not need cars anymore we can show you how to get to where your going in an instant. On and on they go a Utopia scenerio has been created for all humanoids of this Earth. What has just happened a colapse of the worldwide economy over night. All governments just lost control of their worker bees and their tax base. This is one of many scenerios. Rik Riley

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
The government hides their presence for a very good reason, we would all be pissed if we knew what the government has allowed Et's or whatever you want to call them do. Those thinking that who or whatever is working in tandem with the portions of the government are in any way benevolent are crazy. It is a simple fact that when governments do something good they shout it from the mountain tops (look we're giving out millions in aid money for this or that!!! Look at us come on we need votes!!)
With that said, yes I personally believe there is a large and dangerous conspiracy within our government and others concerning ET's. My belief is based on things I've experienced, seen, and otherwise was able to prove to my own satisfaction in other ways. Sadly like most people in this position I can't provide the instant proof everyone wants, for a variety of reasons, I can tell you how I stumbled across my proof though.

If you want proof you must go outside the mainstream, for those of us in the US that pretty much puts you into the whole counterculture drug scene. As you move up in that world, you'll meet interesting people and not-people, you'll also begin to understand why the war on drugs will never be won (At the top level the drug world is ran by agents of our government) You'll also have a semi good reason to be out in all those interesting corners of our nation where odd things happen at night.
Because everyone knows stoners wander around, and hey what's the threat of someone so messed up security personnell had to walk them back to their car? (This one works great especially if you have enough tolerance to make them wonder why you're still breathing, but in reality you are fine hehe)
Basically what I am saying is there is proof out there but you aren't going to find it talking to joe accountant, if too many of them saw something and got over our pre programmed and heavilly reinforced skepticism the game would be up quick. But by confining fund raising and other dealings to people our government has turned into a menace to society, well who's going to believe the local smack dealer when he says his supplier is straight government issue? It's really a classic double blind where the people most likelly to see or hear something or even god forbid stumble across hard evidence are prediscreditted.

Note: I am not advocating getting involved in the use of or sale of drugs,guns, etc. I am simply telling you why there is no credible proof from credible people. The answers are out there and damn if you go very high at all in that world you'll become a believer fast.

Addendum: For those of you who will automatically discredit this as another drug induced fantasy....
a. I always stayed away from the hallucinogens
B: I would give you more concrete stuff if I could, but it would raise uncomfortable ?'s for me in the legal realm
C: When I do post it is usually from personal experience or knowledge I have or believe I have seen and could or would prove if I had the ability to do so without fear of reprecussions.
D: Yes I know this makes what I post pretty well baseless, if you want proof find it yourself, it's a big conspiracy noone can cover all of the angles. I don't care whether you believe me or not, I have recieved all of the validation I need of my findings from people I can trust not to disclose sources and such.
Last and most important: this is a FORUM we don't have to be experts in a field to post an opinion. also some of you may not realize it but what is talked about in some of these threads will put you on watch lists for just viewing it. Now tell me how satisfying your curiosity is worth me risking incarceration at best?

new topics

top topics

join