It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green orb filmed in graveyard?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Hi all,

My dad sent me a video he took on his iphone 6 plus, it's a short video he filmed at a graveyard here in the West Midlands, UK. At around the 40 second marka green 'orb' bounces in from the left hand side and dissapears in the bottom right hand corner. You can't miss it. I have looked at it to see if it is something on the lense and can't make my mind up as it appears to move seperateley to the motion of the video.

Anyway any opinions welcome,

Thanks

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: eyesdown

hm...without going into a debate about the veracity of the video...the motion itself appears as if it's a reflection of some kind. I doubt a flashlight would be so visible in daylight...so that's probably excluded.

Whoever filmed it...does not appear to have spotted it while filming. No reaction to the orb's appearance.

I would say a weird lens flare...but I have not seen one that "moves" like that...

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Hi, thanks for the reply. He didn't notice it at all until he watched it back, and if you look before it appears there is a slight lens flare reflection visible but as you say this moves in a strange way and I don't think it moves as a lens flare usually does... my mom suggested it moved similar to a moth? Could be but why green?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

hm...a glowing insect...I didn't think of that. But...if your father was watching at the phone screen while filming...surely he would have noticed something like this. The camera movement is slow...enough time to see it...it ("the orb") also wasn't moving fast.

Still...somehow I have a feeling it's a reflection...a laser pointer perhaps ? somebody messing with your dad ?

Not that I think of it...a laser pointer seems plausible...what do you think ?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

I think it's a reflection or flare , the object appears as the camera is moving toward the sun behind the clouds , it also appears to keep track with the cameras up and down movements.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Lens flare. You can see some about the 35sec mark across the picture, then at about 38secs in bottom left hand corner, more there at 41 sec, and again at 51 secs

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

It's a glare, if you look at about 38 secs you can see a beam of sunlight also to the left just before the green orb.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: eyesdown
Hi all,

My dad sent me a video he took on his iphone 6 plus, it's a short video he filmed at a graveyard here in the West Midlands, UK. At around the 40 second marka green 'orb' bounces in from the left hand side and dissapears in the bottom right hand corner. You can't miss it. I have looked at it to see if it is something on the lense and can't make my mind up as it appears to move seperateley to the motion of the video.

Anyway any opinions welcome,

Thanks

Given that the "orb" starts EXACTLY when the sun comes in to frame and ends EXACTLY when the sun goes out of frame tells me that it's just an optical effect.. a lens flare, an interesting one .. but a lens flare none the less..
edit on 4/30/2015 by miniatus because: removed the video from the quote

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
mwa mwa mwaaaa...

wow that scenery is so UK.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Thanks for your replys guess we'll go with lens flare!

new topics

top topics

join