It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Bush Pardons 4: On Track To Issue The least Amount For A Modern President

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
No, it's not funny. Bush's drug-addled brain from years of coc aine use was not brought up much either. It's old news. When I make statements without a link, I cite verifiable facts that have been long established at ATS.

Well hell if I had known that I would have never asked. Please! *yawn* at any rate, since you do not seem to have anything to back up your claims of Bush merrily flipping the switch, I will assume that you have ceeded this topic. Really now, you sound a bit like old Brother Kim in North Korea "I speak the truth, and none dare oppose me"

At any rate, why should convicts on death row recieve an iota of clemency? Really now, they were convicted by a jury of thier peers were they not? Bush was simply carrying out the will of the voters of Texas was he not?

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Just to point out a little factoid. Texas continues to lead the U.S. in executions and has done so even when a Democrat is in office mind you:

LIVINGSTON, Texas - Texas remained the most active death penalty state in 2004 with 23 executions, down from a year ago and about average for the past decade. But legal experts and death penalty opponents suggest there are signs that increased judicial scrutiny is giving pause to juries and prosecutors considering capital punishment.

Earlier this year, the Supreme Court overturned two Texas death sentences � LaRoyce Lathair Smith and Robert Tennard � because jurors were not told of the defendants' learning disabilities.

The court also lifted the death sentence of Delma Banks, condemned nearly 25 years ago, and criticized Texas officials and lower courts, saying prosecutors hid crucial information that might have helped Banks' case.
Executions

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The point is not about clemency or jury processes.

The point is about the manner of performance of public duty, in which Bush is an abysmal failure.

As you have shown yourself to be too lazy to find facts for yourself and you interpret your laziness as a fellow member's "ceding" on a topic, I will correct the error of your ways. Should you wish to examine the facts surrounding Bush's mocking of his dead constituent Karla Faye Tucker, you will find the evidence you need of just one more example of his unsuitability for office.

"FredT", as during the course of this topic you have chosen to mock your fellow ATS member as if you have something to gain from that, I simply say "You will keep". It is sad that would use your hero Bush as a role model for your deportment and that you choose not to sustain a reasonable argument with your peers.

*removes tongue from cheek*

For anyone under five years of age who sees Bush as role model:
bushwatch.org...

For those apathetic enough to be resigned to another four years of Bush:
turnyourbackonbush.org...

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Ah too bad the site that you provided has a dead link for the article in question. However, im not surprised at the content of the site. Nor is it laziness on my part regarding the search. members and staff making grandiose statements should be able to provide evidence to back up claims. Would you take the word of someone off the street without evidence to support claims? I for one would not.

In fact most of the links are dead

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I would be remiss in pointing out the person you are crying over here. Ms. Tucker killed two people with a pick axe.

In announcing that Tucker's bid for clemency had been rejected, the chairman of the Texas parole board, Victor Rodriguez, cited the "horrific" nature of her crime.

Tucker has admitted accompanying a partner in 1983 to the Houston apartment of Jerry Lynn Dean, 27, to see if they could cap three days of almost nonstop drug-taking by stealing Dean's motorcycle.

Once inside, the partner -- Daniel Garrett, then 37 -- started beating Dean with a hammer.

When the battered man began to gurgle, Tucker, then 23, grabbed a 3-foot-long pickax and repeatedly plunged it into him.

Dean's friend, Thornton, was cowering under sheets in a corner until the intruders discovered her.

Tucker turned the ax on Thornton to eliminate her as a witness. In a tape recording played in court, she bragged to friends that she got sexual thrills out of the attack.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I am also shocked MA by your lack of attention to detail in this case. According to Texas law Bush was unable to grant clemecy at any rate:

But given the panel's recent history, even a single vote from the 18-member panel in favor of clemency for a condemned murderer would have been unusual.

Tucker would have needed at least 10 votes, because Gov. George W. Bush may commute -- change -- a death sentence only if a majority of the board recommends it. The board unanimously rejected 16 similar requests last year.

Texas law gives governors little independent authority in such cases, with the power to issue only a one-time, 30-day reprieve.
Clemency

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Again, this is about Bush and his manner of performance of public duty, not about his dead constituent or the judicial process. Perhaps you need to read up some more about the Bush side of things and why this was so widely publicized at the time. You have some fingers, let them do the walking...

It is however pleasing to see that your newfound knowledge is being applied so well, and your excitement about Bush's inadequacies is renewed.

Bush is totally unfit for any position of leadership requiring human understanding, statesmanship and clarity of judgment.

[edit on 22-12-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Actually Bush lack of clemency while he was a governor is actually very troubling, that now he has a change of hart is actually questionable.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join