It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have taken a stance on Judicial Reform

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Hi all,

Some of you may remember me. I have taken some time off to work on personal things. As I have taken a hiatus from posting on any forum as I have been putting a lot of thought into taking action. I am working on a project I currently call End Background Check Tyranny. If your interested you can find out more by joining my group on Facebook and taking a more aggressive approach to understanding the topic and engaging in the debate.

Currently the main message, or goal of my organization is to address the issue of judicial reform and here's why. I believe we have a serious issue in our communities with high recidivism rates and the fact that most companies now choose to basically across the board discriminate against people with crimes.

The main factor in this equation that I think needs to be focused on is the fact that there is a natural distrust with the community at large and our justice systems ability to actually reform and rehabilitate an inmate so they are safely returned to society with the ability to function within it normally.

This is the crux of the issue in my opinion.

End Tyranny

edit on 4/29/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
They used to give you a break if you made a mistake when you were young before, erasing the crime if you showed you would change. That is going away now. When you are young you sometimes get caught up with the wrong people for a time but change your ways and try to straighten up. If you do the time, and straighten up you should not be punnished all your life for being young and dumb. Our kids nowadays are no different than kids fifty years ago. They still try to challenge the system. I think that they should call it oppositional teen defiance disorder. Most people usually get over it when they get caught or hauled in for questioning. Following the wrong people leads to this. Guilty by association is real but it can be reversed.

Just because someone gets in a little trouble when they are young does not mean they can't be outstanding citizens after they grow up. I can see what you are talking about onequestion. But some people are just bad eggs also.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Right which is why I want to focus the conversation on reforming the judicial system so that we can haver a higher percentage rate of people who successfully complete whatever program they are put through so that society and them both can begin to work together again without creating pockets of poverty country wide.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Here with some crimes, if they aren't really bad, they allow you to plead guilty then in a year the conviction dissappears if you pay your fine and do your probation and keep out of trouble. So it is right off your record. Some people abuse this, but the judges and police remember this and the people don't get any breaks the second time they get in trouble. They have a name for that but I can't remember what they call it.

The problem with that is that you have to go check to make sure they took it off after the year is up. They forget sometimes but they take it off if you go there. I knew a couple of people who got to use that system around here in the last year. Both of them will probably keep their nose clean.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

They have programs now here in California that I'm about to go through so I'll tell you how it goes after that.

That still doesn't address the fact that prison isn't helping anyone and in fact is causing a larger societal issue and generational poverty.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

The new electronic age causes more problems than it solves sometimes. Most people change when they get caught. Some never change though. You can do a background check online now, before you had to go to the police station and find someone who would run one for you. Most people wouldn't do that, but when you can just punch it up on a computer, people do it. Sometimes they aren't accurate either.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Yeah I just don't understand how the world was able to get this far without them?

How necessary are they and what has anyone every done to prove that they actually work?

What did they do in the 90's and 80's? Just find people who wanted to work hard and fire people who didn't?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
yep, the situation sucks, I know it all too well.

I gave up on looking for work and went into business for myself, I found that there are too many factors against me. The judicial system is banking off of recidivism rates. They know damn well what the repeat offense rates are when you can't get employed. People need to eat and pay rent.

There are also more jobs available to others, less on assistance and unemployment when they can make them permanently unemployable.

You need to use their advantage against them. The internet. You can start small and resell junk on ebay or craigslist, or as much as I hate it, China. Haggle for the buy, markup and sell. Grow your business and you will be doing good in a few years. If you can get ahead of a cheap lifestyle and save you can build a better small business of your desire.

I know a guy with a bad background making over 500k a year. He did this by getting into the undesirable businesses.
He did mold removal, now he does bed bug remediation. It sounds gross, but he essentially shows up, has a crew gut the furniture, enters with a full suit and puts heaters in. I think he charges in the 20k range for a day and a halves worth of work.

Making your own money is much better than trying to climb the ladder at a mindless cubicle job imo. Make their approval obsolete.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

edit on 30-4-2015 by Theorbme because: misinformation

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Theorbme

edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: retract

new topics

top topics

join