It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 60 arrested as hundreds in NYC, DC rally for Baltimore’s Freddie Gray

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Several other cities have protesting and arrests.

Like Obama said....time for some soul searching

More than 60 arrested as hundreds in NYC, DC rally for Baltimore’s Freddie Gray

New York City police arrested more than 60 people Wednesday as protesters marched in solidarity with those in Baltimore, where demonstrations and riots were sparked by Freddie Gray’s death in police custody.

The arrests come after hundreds of people gathered in New York's Union Square to rally against Gray's death and in support of those in Baltimore. The NYPD had warned participants that marching into the streets or blocking sidewalks could result in arrests.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What constitutes an arrest when some one is protesting?
Rioiting or looting sure.

But are we agreeing that cops can tell you where to protest and then arrest you if you don't follow that?

Thought we didn't like free speech zones....

Where is the double standard police?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Guess whoever was behind all the social engineering of the violence and rioting is winning. I'm sure those with that type of interest in these events would love nothing more than to spread this as far and wide as possible…but that's just my take on it. There are a lot of people out there right now with a lot of rage and anger pent up over this issue and it won't take much to set it free and with a little direction you can achieve a lot of chaos…till the boot drops on us all.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

But are we agreeing that cops can tell you where to protest and then arrest you if you don't follow that?

Most commonly the police will justify the arrest by failure to disperse/disorderly conduct a. I don't agree with it but that will be their reasoning.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

It's time to stand up. Everyone that wants to see the change we all wish for. The time is now. Be peaceful. Show the world what the people of the country can do if we stand up peacefully.

Be the change you wish to see.

Peace.

Always peace.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Ya they will make up some bs charge.

Just wondering where our oath keepers and constitutionalists are defending these peoples rights to protest peacefully as is protected.

Again not to be confused with those that decided to loot and riot and cause havok and do nothing but be counter productive.

Talking the folks that are being arrested for not following orders on how to protest.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

this is the reasoning that has gotten them in this situation to begin with. i applaud the police for turning more people against them.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

the boot dropping on us all is what it will take for americans to finally stand together. let the boot fall.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

NY, NY, the years of Bloombug and Giuliani had rob NY citizens from their constitutional rights to peaceful assembly, no in the way people think, but with littler bills to stop protesters right to assemble anywhere without been arrested under civil unrest.

People let this happen, the dictatorial powers of those in NY with the money of private interest that feeds the police force as they has always been corrupted.

Now people are going to really find out how much they have lost, time to fight back. Because the protest are about the police force, injustice and brutality and the same people they are protesting against off are the ones enforcing the dictatorship that were set by the last two leaders.

Things are going to get ugly in NY, the big apple is biting everybody in their arses now.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Ya they will make up some bs charge.

Just wondering where our oath keepers and constitutionalists are defending these peoples rights to protest peacefully as is protected.

Again not to be confused with those that decided to loot and riot and cause havok and do nothing but be counter productive.

Talking the folks that are being arrested for not following orders on how to protest.

I am torn between two beliefs for the protesters. As it stands in the event there is not a arrest of the police. The current protest demanding it are sure to bring on unrest in the event no one is charged.

I feel that violent unrest denigrates the whole issue. Since Ferguson The majority in America are on their side. But violence in the streets only strengthens those opposed to reforms stance.

Something does need to be done, but looting and burning ones town down is not the way to go about it and gain public support.

This has been going on for a long time and demands for it to change overnight are completely unrealistic. The issues need to be addressed in a civil manner.

Remember there is no statue of limitations on murder.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Looks like some violence in NY.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

The same place they were during OWS and any other protest that's portrayed as "left" or with "minorities".

This may be my biggest complaint (when it comes to acts of hypocrisy). They will say "we don't support thugs"... we all know what "thug" is the code word for now days. There's always some double standard lame excuse I hear when I ask that same question.

When they showed up in Ferguson, it was in the form of snipers on store roofs to protect the businesses from looters but not a finger was lifted to protect the peaceful protesters from the police. If I were an Oath Keeper or in a constitutionalists militia, I'd be there protecting the protesters from the police and the violent rioters.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Police needs to be reminded that the protest are against them, that is the base of the protest, obviously in Washington is been respected, Baltimore is been so far respected, but in NY the police been nothing but a corrupted bunch paid by interest money from Wall Street bends to nobody but those that feeds their corruption.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Except that isn't what is being said?

It clearly said it was for blocking the street or sidewalk.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I'm with you on that.. free speech "zones" are crap! Its America, free speech is everywhere!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

So what do you expect the protesters should do, protest while suspended in the air? didn't you know that the bills to stop peoples peaceful rights to assembly in NY started with taking away their rights to do so, don't be in the streets, don't be in the sidewalk, don't be in the parks, Don't be anywhere, hell lets suspend the protesters in the air, until another bills comes out to ban that too.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Sadly the dictatorship in NY has taken that right away from the citizens.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Right now it seems that is more police in the streets in NY than protesters walking in their protest.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
Guess whoever was behind all the social engineering of the violence and rioting is winning. I'm sure those with that type of interest in these events would love nothing more than to spread this as far and wide as possible…but that's just my take on it. There are a lot of people out there right now with a lot of rage and anger pent up over this issue and it won't take much to set it free and with a little direction you can achieve a lot of chaos…till the boot drops on us all.

This I also agree with... the more chaos is created the more we will see communism take hold more and more..as if its not enough already..

but that is what they want to create for sure.. little by little we see it more and more, and everything people do is just a reason for more of it, until one day this wont be America anymore..

this is why I am so sick of both republican and democratic parties.. neither is for freedom any longer.. neither one. And all the instigators, are nothing more than communists - trying for the chaos needed for communism to take hold

edit on 29-4-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Except that isn't what is being said?

It clearly said it was for blocking the street or sidewalk.

I'm watching the news TV...

hard to see what's really going on.

NY police could be getting antsy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join