It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thread subscribing on mobile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
My PSU died on me a while ago so I've been using my tablet to surf ATS. I noticed there's no subscribe button on threads while using mobile versions of the site. It's not a huge deal and I can always reply to subscribe, but there are threads I like to follow without having to post a little reply that adds nothing to the discussion.

I know the reason for mobile sites sending less data, but I wouldn't think 1 line of code and a tiny picture button would make that big of a difference. Hopefully I'll get my new PSU soon so I won't have to worry about it, but I just thought it was something I should bring up in case you guys didn't know about it.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
If you make a comment it will be under my ATS. I think that's why you have so many comments saying for later.
ETA: Touch the flag and you'll find it under that list too.
edit on 29-4-2015 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

I said in my post I don't like replying without adding to the discussion but I do know that works. Tapping a flag gives/takes flags away from a thread but doesn't add it to myATS and trying to touch and hold the flag does nothing.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Just change the user agent string on your tablet's browser to a desktop one....

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Well I could do that but then I would always get desktop sites. I can use chrome to specifically request desktop sites as well. There are a few different workarounds I can use, I just brought it up in case it was an oversight on the coder's end. If it was a conscious decision, then I'll just have to deal with it, and hopefully not much longer.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: thov420

Ah, I see. A lot of people aren't aware of the fact that they can change user strings, that's why I suggested it. As a temporary workaround, you could check out Habit Browser (my personal favorite mobile browser). Among countless other options, it has site-specific settings, ao you could set just ATS (for example) to use a desktop UA. Doesn't do anything to actually fix the issue though...

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I would love to see a "subscribe" button on the mobile as well. I'm in the same boat as the OP at times with my phone and I don't like to make comments sometimes, but I do like to read the thread.

Pretty please, guys????

- AB

new topics

top topics

join