It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want a Revolution?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Greetings all!
Due to recent events and threads I've participated in I feel a need to start a thread on how I see a real Revolution can be accomplished.
It's been a long week already and I'm fighting the urge to just copy and paste what I've already posted here and elsewhere, so please bear with me.

I started this journey because of a failure in the system, several failures of several areas.
My motivation stems from being a victim of the system.

Eve Ensler

“An activist is someone who cannot help but fight for something. That person is not usually motivated by a need for power or money or fame, but in fact is driven slightly mad by some injustice, some cruelty, some unfairness, so much so that he or she is compelled by some internal moral engine to act to make it better.”

My incident occurred around 20 years ago.
1st failure was when working for a non union construction company I had an accident that blew out my back. Workers comp was being denied due to, well, the non union rat company was fighting it. I lost everything and went homeless.
Failure #2 is easily demonstrated by the actions of law enforcement and the criminal justice system in America. The details do not matter but I will pay for the rest of my life for a crime I never committed.

17 years ago I embarked on a journey to clear my name. I bought my first computer and did all the research I could on the matter to the point of joining police forums where I was actually accepted for quite a while. I soon learned that my case was nothing compared to cases I seen the Innocence Project deal with. Over 300 innocent people have been exonerated for crimes they did not commit.
I was not alone.

Funny thing about this ordeal is I never asked for it yet every thing that has happened seems to be happening on purpose and I feel that here at ATS I can actually express this without people getting all weird on me..
It is like everything has been a series of lessons leading up to something which is why I'm creating this thread.

During this journey I ended up in a continuing education program through my local carpenters union. It was the Associated General Contractors of America's Supervisory Training Program (STP). In one of the units, "Problem Solving and Decision Making" we were taught Root Cause Analysis which is what's lacking in addressing these issues we face today.

Police abuse, drug wars, fair wages, Monsanto, government corruption, all of it are just symptoms of a greater root cause which is big corporate money buying our representatives and laws of the land.
All attempts at combating any of these symptoms will only strengthen the root cause which is why things have been and will get worse.
Burn a police car and get an armored vehicle with a robocop in it for a replacement. That simple.

I have to break down and quote myself. (I tried!)

If big money owns this country then it is not time to burn the city down. That's easy, it takes no intelligence or thought to set a fire, hold a sign and complain. Want a real Revolution? Then become big money and rip their faces off with their own machine.

I posted this addressing a bunch of cannabis activists I know:

Eventually big money will gain control of cannabis. The innovators will innovate and the lazy will loose. Big money gets it. Somehow they understand the more $ they make the more influence they gain so they make more $ and get more influence so whatever they want they get. "We" "The People" don't get it, don't want to get it even when it's shoved in front of our faces. We are a bitter and stubborn bunch that would rather reduce ourselves to what we think we know, Kardasians ass and whatever some talking head screams at us on the boob tube (Kardasians ass). The Government did not fail. Big corporations are not and did not fail. YOU failed and continue to FAIL. 85% of you are "Ego-Activists" its all about you and getting your name up in lights. 2% are scam artists and the rest.... Have yet to understand a simple concept such as root cause analysis. Oh My Science (God) we are all gonna die. You will loose cannabis to big money because your signs, your calls your efforts cannot compete with the cold hard cash of political contributions. GET REAL.

I know. I can get harsh and ridiculous but hey. Its a Revolution.

Back to my little journey...
Realizing the root cause is big money the only choice I had was to become big money, buy our own politicians and influence of own state laws through ballot measures.
Again, one thing lead to another and I realized that in addressing the root cause in this manner symptom by symptom would get addressed and destroyed in what I like to call "Collateral Benefit".

Here's the meat and potatoes.

I have started a public benefit non profit corporation we intend to become what is known as a "hybrid nonprofit" (Google it). The hybrid nonprofit is a nonprofit that owns for profit entities. Mozilla Foundation is the sole shareholder of Mozilla Corporation. (Google it)
I am getting ready to launch a commercial union general contractor company (doing interior commercial specialty work) that will be owned by our nonprofit. When we get awarded a contract from a general contractor they will get a tax break. I have 30 years experience in this field and a bachelors in construction management. When we launch we will not fail.
All the profits from the construction company gets donated back to the nonprofit which makes the construction company tax exempt. The non profit in turn will start coffee shacks (best example) that hire homeless people at $20 an hour because we have extra cash from being.... Tax exempt. We start 5 more coffee shacks, have a press release about it all keeping paying everyone $20 an hour and our brand will not fail. Add free coffee Mondays all day long at all locations and we'll take Starbucks employees and customers while destroying them. See collateral benefit.

Now we have profits coming from a union construction company, 5-10 coffee shacks and we keep starting and backing businesses. We troll Kickstarter for the next big thing and back them, turn their idea into part of the hybrid and, well.... You see where I'm going.

Now.
At the state level we launch a PAC (political action committee) and research, introduce and flat out win special issue ballot measures designed to bring accountability to the system and eliminate corporate money from politics.
A nonprofit's mission is to solve a problem. Save the trees, Free the weed, help these people, eliminate cancer. Not one activist non profit has fulfilled it's mission and dissolved which is what their true mission really is. Solve the problem and dissolve.
Just like medical marijuana we will start this project in states next to us. We will become an example of a corporation that places the People and Environment first and state by state this system will crumble.

Better yet.
It can be done in 5 years.

What say you?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
i say be careful before someone "reviews" this thread. or twists something you say into "an attempt to recruit" i say there are many people with similar situations, me included with the crime stuff. i can only say that i am the worst enemy the state has ever made, because everyone i know here is demoralized or ignorant...... but not me. we have talked before on this, you know how i feel.
i say i agree with the approach, but i believe human nature is the bottom line, root cause. if you succeed, be careful, cause you will be a threat...
edit on 29-4-2015 by fixitwcw because: typo

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
No attempt to recruit intended at all.
Let me be clear about that.
I provided no links to our websites... If that means anything.
Besides at this point the only recruiting I could do is offer people apprenticeships and jobs if they live in my city.

Regardless...

The first ballot measure we plan on tasking ourselves with is a mandatory minimum sentence law for cops that break the law, stripping prosecutors of immunity... Stuff like that....

edit on AprWed, 29 Apr 2015 18:33:44 -05003America/Chicago2015 by MrNeo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrNeo
No attempt to recruit intended at all.
Let me be clear about that.
I provided no links to our websites... If that means anything.
Besides at this point the only recruiting I could do is offer people apprenticeships and jobs if they live in my city.

I think you just realized how much you maybe screwed up you life making this thread.

Hahaha.....just kidding ! (or maybe not
)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

i believe he has determined the level of his resolve before getting this far. besides, they have their hands full with actual violent people wanting to do them physical harm. bet he has a top thread on his hands. GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!!
KEEP IT UP!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I say this is beautiful, I agree completely! I LOVE IT! THIS is how you start a Revolution, not with violence and bloodshed, but by being completely legal and peaceful; as it should be. Taking a future of peace, with peaceful means I believe will ensure a peaceful and prosperous future.

It's where my thoughts are exactly, so AWESOME to see someone who gets it. And I Love your timetable; how far do you guesstimate you can go in five years?

Oh, 'please' keep us posted on this, I would Love to see where you and your vision go!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: fixitwcw

So you mean we should flag his thread like crazy ? OK

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

please, flag away. if i wouldn't get in even deeper doodoo with some people, i would keep changing my ip, create new accounts, and flag it to the top.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MidNight sun

with what he has already accomplished, the sky is the limit.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
i would also say that this could singlehandedly inspire "legislation" (a** covering) that could change the legal definition of non-profit, or hybrid-non-profit. you know your doing whats right when that happens.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MrNeo

Not sure it would work but I love the idea and your zeal.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: fixitwcw

Already.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Work out the entire idea and once you have a working model that is actually doing what you want it to do, franchise it with like-minded people in US states first, then in provinces in Canada and then go global. You need to organize in such a way that the entire global machine can work at the same time. Meaning, that if you are going to successfully enable positive change, it has to be done globally and all within the same day. Delays allow the corporate oligarchy to gain a foothold in non aligned countries which could subsequently end in real war.

Just some thoughts...

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrNeo

At the state level we launch a PAC (political action committee) and research, introduce and flat out win special issue ballot measures designed to bring accountability to the system and eliminate corporate money from politics.

So let me get this straight...

If it's money you control then it isn't bribery or campaign finance fraud (or any of the nefarious things that, if it was TPTB, you'd be livid about)--it's "revolutionary activism". I don't really see any moral advantage to what you're suggesting. It sounds like gaming the system the way "they" already do.

You're just joining the club.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

It's playing the system just like they do sure, but it seems to be the only thing that makes changes are direct force or buying more votes. As it is though I really doubt even with all your hard work that you would surpass the buying power of the .01% who already bought all the available to buy politicians. I do applaud the idea and would say maybe once it's up and running and you can put together something showing it's success you should start presenting to other like minded monied people. I bet a guy like the Baltimore Orioles owner's son would be more than happy to invest in something like this. I doubt your gonna surpass the .01% alone but with enough combined fortunes you could easily turn the tides.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This is exactly the kind of fight fire with fire tactic that needs to be done to bring liberty back to the U.S.
Gotta make a corporation and gobble up some others to get the power.
Then the PACs can be formed and changes made.
It could very well work.
However, there will be a lot of resistance and counter-attacks I'm sure.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The Revolution is only in our minds, as we fight our inner and external demons psychologically. Its only when we move to bring out our demons into the real world that we jeopardize our Existence.

Better to Revolt from Within, Just as its best to fight then run away, to live to fight another day.

Never let your Enemies know your thoughts, or you may never get the opportunity to ever use them

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Hey!
Good to see some people interested enough to post. I'm humbled...

I'll try and address everything.

I did screw up my life that is a given. I know the decisions I made when I made them could go sideways. I took chances. I shouldn't have done what I did when that accident happened, for example. I could go on but yes. I take responsibility for every thing that has happened...
Even if you're kidding...

It's not up to me or my resolve. Like I said I was pushed in this direction. I'd rather be in my home state doing what I love to do... I'm from Hawaii. There is 1000 things I'd rather be doing and even when I thought I was up to something else it always lands me here. I don't think I could fight it if I wanted too.
Thanks for your words of support!

My timetable of 5 years is because of the current state of it all and the awareness of the masses that something is wrong. This is a real solution that will affect people right out the gate, it already has. If I have 10 coffee shacks like I described and all of them are next to a Starbucks who will sell more coffee? It's the tax exempt thing that allows us explosive growth and where we differ from TPTB we have souls. We are the 99% coming to take what is ours. If we hit a few innovators on Kickstarter...
There are other businesses we are looking into...
Things will get much better when we get the mandatory minimum sentence law for cops (and politicians) that break the law. We are a ballot measure state so all we have to do is have adequate backing and it doesn't hurt to donate to our people during elections...

Yes. They will want to shut us down but it will be too late.
We are just a public benefit nonprofit doing charitable works at the moment. We launch the construction company we're just finding a way to fund our works while providing training and jobs to the disadvantaged. We will look like a bunch of capitalists that have some kind of heart.
We officially launch the PAC when we have enough backing for the mandatory law. After that the law cannot be broke to tie us up. I'll get into that straggly as the thread progresses but it's all thought out. By the time they're all WTF it will be too late. Besides our ultimate mission is to get corporate money and corporate person-hood stripped from politics all together.

We are joining the club for sure but are are keeping our souls.
Unlike CEOs or corporate presidents this is not about me anymore at all. The "about me" left quite a while ago. I can and have lived on $70 a week and what would make me happier than getting rich is helping all around me become rich. Or at least better off. This is what separates us from the 1%. They never been homeless, they never been hungry so they have no empathy.

As above we are not a threat. All we want to do is provide jobs, fair wages and opportunities while building tiny homes for people at no charge (remember collateral benefits).

This time next year...

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

look at that..... you made it onto the most flagged list.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
You’re a breath of fresh air, MrNeo! FINALLY a thread about the evils of the corporate Frankenstein monster we’ve unleashed, the corruption of our system of “justice”, the growing number of fascists infiltrating our governmental institutions (while claiming to be our “leaders”), and a well thoughtout solution to boot!! Now that’s RARE! The first thing that came to my mind after reading the OP was that old Beatles song, “Revolution”, and the line that went something like, “So you say you want a revolution. Well you know, we all wanna see the plan”.

I don’t know that the old 1960’s style rioting in the streets would work these days. It might produce some change, but not the kind, or at the level, needed to get out of our current day mess. Mostly it would just alienate/divide the people even more and stigmatize large classes of discontents as “misfits” and “criminals”. The Dr. Timothy Leary’s, Abbie Hoffman’s and Malcolm X’s would be labeled as terrorist threats by our wise leaders and populate most of the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted List. In the end it would merely give our wonderful leaders all the ammunition they need to justify bringing the hammer down even harder and further stripping us of our rights, while the core foundation of the problems threatening our freedoms and well-being would remain intact and conceivably gain even greater strength.

While I commend you, MrNeo, on your plan of beating the system at it’s own game by infiltrating it and destablizing it from within, I know you’re aware that there will be battles/wars to be fought along the way against some very ferocious and deep pocketed adversaries. Be prepared for some blood-letting in the courts. These guys eat companies for lunch and have a lot of experience annihilating “threats” and clearing obstacles. Business, as you obviously know, can be ruthless and cut-throat. You sound like you’ve given a lot of thought to your plan of attack, and believe me, you’ve got my attention and utmost respect and admiration. It, or something similar, may be the only realistic way of bringing about change. I would think the greatest chance for success would depend on a certain level of dis-satisfaction, anger and despair that the general population is feeling. It’s true there are a lot of pissed-off people right now. But is it to the point that it far outweighs the rampant complacency we’ve become so cozy with? I know it’s dumb, but I kinda think of it this way, “Does it meet the Duck Challenge?” The Duck Challenge is met when over 50% of those asked answer the following question with a “Yes” response:

In order to bring about positive change and greater well-being for this nation, would you be willing to give up watching Duck Dynasty?

Sorry, I got sidetracked there. Seriously, MrNeo, I think you may be onto something. I’m truly curious of how this plays out. It’s the best idea I’ve read/heard in a long time. I’ll try to follow this and future threads of yours to stay on top of it.

Great thread!

Vive la Revolution!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join