It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Charlie Hebdo cartoonist Luz says will no longer draw Mohammed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Charlie Hedbo is an extremely racist and intolerable magazine.I in no way condemn the violence.
Freedom of speech? It's like the bully at school who talks about your momma every day when you pass in the hall.
You've told your teacher.you've told the principal. They say hey .its freedom of speech.
So you put a brick in a sock and when that bully speaks about your mother. You hit him with a brick.
The next week when you see him he doesn't talk about your mum. The underlying message of that magazine is hate and intolerance. I believe they have every right in the world to draw or say what they want. At their own peril.Thats all free speech anywhere.
I've spent time in France .The majority despise Americans because were Americans. And the fact that you mock Christians equally.does not make the mockery ok.I have no religious affiliation and I cringe at the cartoons.To stand for these people is wrong in many ways. He stopped drawing Mohammed because hes learned hatred doesn't pay.It leads to misery. My heart to those that perished in the tragedy.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
see everyone. violence DOES work...

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
No problem, somebody will replace him.

6 BILLION people on the planet, I am sure we can find ONE (at least).

HE is no longer important.

edit on 29-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I find the lack of compassion for this man disgusting. He lost friends and colleagues. Maybe he feels responsible? Maybe survivors guilt. But no. "He's bailing on free speech." Coming from people who use their free speech to spout crap on the internet.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Theorbme
Charlie Hedbo is an extremely racist and intolerable magazine.I in no way condemn the violence.

No it's not. It's a satirical magazine that pokes fun at the establishment, all religions and all situations. You clearly have no clue as to what satire is.

What this sad affair, and previous cartoons, has shown us is that (1) Satire does not translate well into Islam (2) Muslims are prepared to kill people - and support killing - for a satirical cartoon (3) The fear of it all cows people in the liberal secular West (4) that violence does work. What next?

Will people be killed for suggesting (ahem) Mohammed (bless his cotton socks) was xyz?

edit on 29/4/2015 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Sorry, double post
edit on 29/4/2015 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Perhaps he decided after looking around at the vault that he has to now write from. He's decided he has gotten his message across. Magazines like that make the whole word unsafe. Understood its a bad day for freedom of speech. I guess violence did pay. That doctrine is used by whole countries. What kind of mind would draw these cartoons? What is his message? Would you have him over for dinner. Then draw sick cartoons of Jesus and Mohammed together?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I have to take his statement of "it no longer interests me" point-blank.

Creative people, people in general, don't generally want to be labeled with a single reference of existence such as being known for drawing Mohommed cartoons.

It's like a singer who has a hit single and then has to perform that one song over and over again for their entire life.
I feel kinda bad for them being in that spot. Of course, they have profit from it. I couldn't do it.

It would be wrong to expect him to just do this all his life. He's done his part and has seen people he's known die from doing it. The message is already out there from his standpoint. Do with it what you will.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

wow.

So... now the cartonists have given up hope of 'free expression'. What was the point of all the people saying 'Je Suis Charlie' on fb and twitter?

I reckon his life has been threatened myself. I guess it's a hard choice and an easy one if his family.

oh well... those crying babies have won out..

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Hecate666

You know what they say about assuming.

If you talk about my "IF you agree with them..." statement, you may have noticed the little word IF. Had said "You agree with them" as a statement, then you would be right. You have the right to clear up whatever your opinion is. I have the right to question your statements as I understand them.

Also thanks for picking the most unimportant part of my post to moan about. The rest must be spot on then. No?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Is he trying to mend things in some way or trying to appeal to Extremists senses in some manner?

Just seems odd to me.

He made his point a thousand times before the attack

Do you think it still has the same power - or now means the same thing?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It's easy to get online and say what you want about anything without the fear of repercussions. I wonder how the people on ATS would feel about their own opinions and expressing them after they have suffered a terrorist attack on their colleagues and themselves.

Would you actually say these things if there were actual repercussions for your words? If people died because you didn't keep your mouth shut what would be your opinion about that ?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Maybe every website and every newspaper and magazine should publish cartoon pictures of all religious leaders, Mohammed included, to desensitize the world. Every time there is violence done because of it, the cartoons of the leaders of the offending religion are redoubled and the insecure perpetrators are mocked along with the guru.
This is akin to civil disobedience and does not allow focus on one organization.

The will of a few should not extort compliance by the rest of the world and bringing it to a head sooner rather than later may nip it in the bud.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar
They scared him into acquiescence.
What do people expect from acolytes of a 7th century sociopathic pedophile...???
He married a freaking 9 year old for christs sake...
And people think some dude in the sky named allah ordained his word....what a joke
If there is a god, I highly doubt he wants us to marry children...let alone 20 of them.
-Christosterone

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone
Unfortunately, if you can say something that doesn't always mean it's a good
idea to do so. Yes, even if you are the one in the right.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Well for the record I do not support murderers or controls on speech, I myself would have no interest in drawing any deity simply to provoke..I wouldn't, but anyone should be free to make their own choice on that, and deal with what comes. Obviously nothing should come other than critisism or praise, violence of course not but here we are.
And it's not that I shun being provocative, I simply see no gains from it in this instance.
Sometimes people die in the fight for freedom..this just seems a waste to me, but it's just my 2c.
Cheers.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

You are correct in everything you said.
I am simply tired of the world yielding to an ideology bent on the subjugation of women and the genocide of homosexuals.
As for safety, I'm a born and raised Texan....
They can come and get me if inclined to do so....
And while they may succeed in the end, my life will not be spent in submission to a cult of any kind, let alone a cult of death.
-Christosterone

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Top cartoonist Luz to leave Charlie Hebdo

Renald Luzier said his departure was unconnected to internal tensions at the publication, but rather that the job without his slain colleagues had become "too much to bear".

"This is a very personal choice," Luz, who joined Charlie Hebdo in 1992, said in an interview with French newspaper Liberation.

"Each issue is torture because the others are gone. Spending sleepless nights summoning the dead, wondering what Charb, Cabu, Honore, Tignous would have done is exhausting," the cartoonist said, referring to his colleagues killed on January 7th.

About the 'internal tensions at the publication' :

Charlie Hebdo slammed as ‘hypocrites’ over staff dispute

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Do you think it still has the same power - or now means the same thing?

Good question, it seems to me it would mean so much more now after losing all your friends, but it is probably something he wants to forget, or possibly he is afraid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join