It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I guess she is mine now

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Back in early Jan. I found a cat on my porch , not being a cat person I just shooed it away and walked on in . Every time I walked out the door , there was that cat . It was skin and bones and the weather was getting cold , REALLY cold . Knowing full well it would never leave if we fed it the wife told me to get it some food . Against my better judgment I went to purchase some cat food . It was a brutal Winter and I did not want the cat freezing , so I went into the basement and made it an insulated "cat house" to sleep in including an electric heating pad for warmth .

The wife asks "Is it male or female?" , I told her I never checked under the hood . Turns out that it was female and she ended up pregnant , I had no intention of keeping her so I never checked her sex or was going to have her spayed I was hoping the owners would come along or she would have had wandered off , I even posted on the local animal shelter Facebook lost/found/adoption page . For the last couple of months this cat followed me around like a dog , she would not allow anyone to pet her but me . My neighbor said it looked like I now owned a cat , to which I replied that I DID NOT . But do you truly own a cat or does it own you ?

Well she disappeared for a few days , so I thought maybe she wandered home . But on a whim I called the shelter and described her and asked if they had her , they did with three kittens .. I know it sounds cold but I don't need kittens (or a cat for that matter) so there she stayed .... for the night . I felt like a heel ,just terrible ! I guess I am a big softy but off I went the next day and here she is....

I have to wait to have her fixed so now she is the basement with her kittens . She will follow me out into the backyard to stretch her legs, but never to far away from the kittens . I guess I am now a cat person , along with my two dogs . I do not understand why people get cats (or dogs for that matter) and just allow them to run wild , have kittens and not care for them . We even have people around here that will poison them or set out traps and have animal control pick them up , that's how she ended up at the pound .

Good lord , what I have I done !?

edit on 29-4-2015 by Stonecutter45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
It is clear she chose you. I have allowed all of my fur tribe to choose me, instead of the other way around. Consider it an honor and when you are feeling your lowest you can always find peace in knowing that they (the furry little better than we could ever hope to be souls) saw something in you that no one else did. I firmly believe animals are better people than people are and they are smarter than us too.

I am sure she knew even when you left her outside that one day you would accept her love. See, she was smarter than you and knew your heart better than you yourself did.

Aren't animals great?!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Stonecutter45

It sounds like you've been suckered. Well, at least you won't have mice.
My brother had a similar experience. He'd come out to go to work or school every day and there would be this cat on his car. She was there every day. He fed her and then eventually she moved inside. He had her for quite a while before she disappeared. We think that she got mad because he got a couple other cats so she found a neighbor to adopt.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

YOU have done a good deed. YOU are a good human.
I am not a cat person either, but she is cute!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I am not a cat person and maybe it's for that reason that I've now taken in eight of them along the way. They hung out by my door, just as your cutie did until I too fed them or offered them shelter from the elements. One was so badly infested with fleas to boot. However when all is said and done, I am happy to have been of service to those little ones in need. Whether they seek us out or are somehow sent to us remains an unanswered question. We inevitably learn from it all and it softens some element of our armor I think. So congratulations to you for your actions. Welcome to the sucker club.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Many...many...many blessings to you; she is beautiful!

Well...time to find the kittens a good home.

You just scored some points in Heaven!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

That is an awful cute little stinkus!

Tis fate, me thinks.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

I found two homes when weaning is complete and turned one person down who wanted the third but stated they would have it declawed . Not a cat person ....well... wasn't , but that's not gonna happen so they are out of the running .

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I'm not much of a cat person either. I like other people's cats just fine, but don't want them living in my house..

Over last weekend it snowed pretty badly here. By mid day Sunday it had stopped, so I went out on my back porch to enjoy a smoke. While outside, I heard the unmistakable mewing of kittens. I popped my head over my back fence, which borders a field, and discovered a mama cat and her three soaked, and shivering kittens. Apparently the mom had made a little burrow in some shrubs and what not just behind my fence - go figure she chose to do it along my section of the fence.

I went back with the intent of gathering up all four cats, but the mom ran off and I was unable to catch her. The kittens had their eyes open and ears extended, so they must be around 4-5 weeks old. Being a sucker I brought the kittens in with the hope of finding them homes. I spent around $60 on a litter box, litter, some wet and dry food, and a bottle and formula in case they wouldn't eat the solid food.

Here they are on day 1 after getting a warm bath - meant both to clean the little varmints up and to help bring their body temp back up. Now that we're four days into it the smallest one loves me, and comes to see me every time I walk in the room. The larger grey one and the black and white one are still pretty hand shy, but if you snatch them up they calm down right away. They're all eating regular food and drinking water. They had sticky eyes (some sort of infection that leaked pretty badly) but that has cleared up nicely after a few days of being warm and having their eyes cleaned multiple times in a day.

Currently they live in the master bathroom - I built them a little den with a box and some blankets so they didn't feel overly exposed and could come out and explore at their own speed. I posted them on Facebook and a friend will be taking one of the kittens on Saturday. I hope to find homes for the other two post haste, as I'm not a huge fan of living with a cat..

If anyone lives in Utah and wants an ultra-cute (this coming from a not cat guy) kitten, send me a PM and we can talk about it. =]

ETA: They needed no coercion whatsoever to discover and use the litter box when doing their business, which was pretty cool. I am a dog person and wish dogs were that easy.
edit on 29-4-2015 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

Many...many...many blessings to you; she is beautiful!

Well...time to find the kittens a good home.

You just scored some points in Heaven!

Hopefully I now have double points in Heaven (need all I can get ) . I rescued this manly , man's dog 7 years ago from the pound the day before she was to be put down .

She was dumped at the pound because she had a respiratory infection , cost me $25 plus vet check up to clear up . Nothing like cruising around in my truck with this 18 lb bruiser riding shotgun !

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

You have been chosen... It's good you finally realized it. She is beautiful!

A roaming cat adopted us about 12 years ago. She was feeding on the birds at our feeder and my husband tried desperately to get rid of her, but she had her buffet dinner and she wasn't leaving. He decided to name her and feed her in the barn to keep her away from the birds. That helped a lot. Now, she gets fed on the front porch and has a little house there for the cold winter months. We didn't adopt her, she adopted us...

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TinkerHaus

You're a sucker too LOL !? Well played .

I thought about asking around to see if anyone would like Trouble (That's what the wife named her , I don't know) but I have grown attached and she is getting used to my dogs . She will give my Parsons Russell a double tap on the muzzle though when August gets a little too rambunctious .

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Youve done a great thing, good on ya!, she must trust you and saw somthing in you she liked. Cats can be a pain in the arse, but theyre as loyal as dogs, and a cat curled up purring on your lap is a good way to wind down and relax., plus its always fun to watch 'em, they all have a strange quirk or three!!. Good luck with ya new furry friends.
All the best.
B. V. H

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stonecutter45
a reply to: TinkerHaus

Your a sucker too LOL !? Well played .

I thought about asking around to see if anyone would like Trouble (That's what the wife named her , I don't know) but I have grown attached and she is getting used to my dogs . She will give my Parsons Russell a double tap on the muzzle though when August gets a little too rambunctious .

Haha, apparently so!

All this only 3 months after rescuing a dog from the shelter (dog #3).

I'm a sucker for both animals and humans in need. =(

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Barn cats were all we ever had , they were not pets . They were feral , kept the mice and rats out of the barn and corn crib and fended for themselves .

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I adopted two cats-their owner died in the most unfortunate of circumstances. The afternoon that her body was taken away there were these two cats looking at me-I've been looking after then ever since.

I could've took them to the pound but they would've shared the same fate as their late master and what started as an obligation turned into a friendship and I am glad that I took them under my wing. However I see other peoples kittens running amok because the novelty of a cute kitten wore off and that bugs me-a pet is a responsibility not a play thing.

edit on 29-4-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The cat found a place where it belonged. Why should humans have the right to claim an animal is theirs when it wants to live somewhere else?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
A friend of mine was met by a lonely looking cat every time she opened her door, eventualy she started feeding it and soon it was in the house and sleeping on HER bed.
She noticed that at regular intervals the cat would dissapear for a few days and she wondered what was going on, so she bought a collar with one of those little metal container thingies on it. She wrote a message including her email, and put it in the little container. Two days later an email arrived, the cat had an owner just eight doors along the street.
Now the cat has two homes

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

She is absolutely beautiful and you probably saved her life as well as her kittens. Our home wouldn't be the same without our lovely cat.

I suspect if cat's don't like their 'owners' they walk. "fortunately we have never had one that did that - but we're nuts about cats anyway and love them. Cat's may not speak but they are with you and make their presence known often when you need a cuddle or just to hear a purr.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Always so happy to hear when someone adopts a homeless cat. Most of my pets through the years were rescues. You will find much love and joy from this beautiful little lady! Are you keeping the kittens too?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join