It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton: Police Officers should wear Body Cameras

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: HighFive
www.usatoday.com...

Hillary Clinton has proposed much needed reforms to the criminal justice system:
Body cams for every police dept.
Drug war reform
Ending mass incarceration for non violent crimes
Prison reform
Demilitarization of the police

IF these are real concerns of hers, I for once support her.

However, I don't believe anything that comes out of ANY politicians mouth.

That "hope and change" sounded good too.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The point being perhaps the problem can be short circuited. Why do people insist on making inane comparisons? It wasnt right then...it isnt right now.
reply to: Shakawkaw

edit on 29-4-2015 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

They all lie, you deny this? I never again will vote for a republican or democrat, I vote independent all the way. Good job assuming though, because we all know what to assume really means...

link   
The problem Hillary is she is always "going to" do great things, but never gets there.

link   
It doesn't take a genius to figure out because of all the recent conflicting reports between citizens and law enforcement, she is pursuing documentation of the truth; while protecting both LE and citizens.

I'm just sorry it's come to this, but apparently it has.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: HighFive

Oh yeah, she and the rest of them will cater to whatever is popular to trick people into wanting to vote for them. It happens time and time again. They lie while campaigning and lie while holding office.

I would say many on ATS agree with you.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

I'm pretty sure this recommendation has already been made. Only a politician can jump on a bandwagon that was built with taxpayers money.

Hilliary is playing to the masses and we shouldn't be falling for it. Once again, I'm pretty sure this idea has already been proposed (citation would be appreciated) and I do not trust what this woman says.

good thing the republican candidates aren't playing to the masses

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Nuff said!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I really really think Hillary is perhaps one of the most evil people to have walked this earth...or trotted, whatever it is she does to create forward momentum.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

This made me lol so hard people looked at me.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

The e-mails and the police body cameras are two separate issues. Thus, I look at each one separately. I think that these reforms are a plus.

I was involved in a case where some police officers tricked their way into our house and later found contraband. They were wearing audio recorders, but it was found out later that they had been "out of batteries." I take two things from this, one, that police officers are already wearing audio recording devices, and two, that it doesn't matter if they turn them off.

In Russia, cars are required to have dashcams because of the high frequency of accidents there. They work well! When the meteors fly across Russia, there is always someone there to record it with their dashcam.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I agree with her for once, but it seems like a ploy for votes, pretty typical of politicians anyway. Am sure it's going to get her haters rallying around having an opposite stance about agreeing with that.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Thats nice but F THAT, go straight to the source of the problem and put the CAMARAS on ALL POLITICIANS during business dealings that are not of DOD concerns.

There is no reason not to televise meetings between congress and Monsanto,Telecom,Healthcare, and all other oligopolies or special intere$t groups. Than just about 90% of our problems should be solved.

The Police brutality and race baiting will shortly fix itself once you get deceit and financial motivations out of our congress decisions.

Notice no matter what, the people are on the loosing end and the Oligopolies always coincidently end up on the winning end. Even when they lose thy win.

Hilary is the worst cars saleswomen to trust who will tell you what you want to hear in order to sell you that yugo with no engine.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

If I felt I could trust her, this would be something I could support. Such cameras are an excellent idea. The police would have recordings of all dealings, and honest cops would be protected by these. Dishonest ones could be drummed out. The rest of what she's stating is valid as well, but I suspect it's nothing but telling people what they want to hear, so she can get elected. Politicians say a lot of things that make sense, that they never follow up once elected.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
All POLOTICIANS SHOULD WEAR BODY CAMS TOO WHEN THEY ARE AT WORK OR ON OFFICIAL BUSINESS.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I really don't think Clinton has any room to be commenting on accountability.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: Sublimecraft

The e-mails and the police body cameras are two separate issues. Thus, I look at each one separately.

Not really. Both are about accountability.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBargisen

originally posted by: JHumm
How about we make politicians wear body cameras when they are doing their back room deals? Or would they just have them connected to their own private servers?

Politicians are voted in by the population to make the "best decisions" for that population. You decide who gets in, why not trust them?

If the majority of the population wants Hillary, then the majority of the population has decided. If you don't like it, then convince the majority of the population otherwise. Simple as that.

You really believe that? You think that the people who get elected based on campaign promises do do whatever they want once they get in office and start doing this behind closed doors that you and I both know are not in the interest of the people? They even change their own rules to keep people off the ballot. ...look what happened to Ron Paul....rule was he needed something like 5 districts to get him in and when he had 5 they at the last minute changed it to 7 without even going through the correct process for that.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Just thinking here... Where would be the best place to position a camera on Hillary's body? She bounces a lot.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Just thinking here... Where would be the best place to position a camera on Hillary's body? She bounces a lot.

It was already recorded.. She deleted the emails.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join