It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton: Police Officers should wear Body Cameras

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
How about we make politicians wear body cameras when they are doing their back room deals? Or would they just have them connected to their own private servers?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
How about we make politicians wear body cameras when they are doing their back room deals? Or would they just have them connected to their own private servers?

Politicians are voted in by the population to make the "best decisions" for that population. You decide who gets in, why not trust them?

If the majority of the population wants Hillary, then the majority of the population has decided. If you don't like it, then convince the majority of the population otherwise. Simple as that.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hahahahahaha.

She's really going out on a limb with these ideas huh?

"Hmm...what are people complaining about? I know! I'll say that I think changing those things is a great idea and I'm the one to do it!"

- every politician ever.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SBargisen

originally posted by: JHumm

Politicians are voted in by the population to make the "best decisions" for that population. You decide who gets in, why not trust them?

If the majority of the population wants Hillary, then the majority of the population has decided. If you don't like it, then convince the majority of the population otherwise. Simple as that.

I remember when I thought that's how people voted, and why.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: HighFive

And she should take a polygraph over the Benghazi incident...since we are talking about transparency and ensuring the citizens rights are honored...

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I remember when I thought that's how people voted, and why.

I honestly think it is rigged anyways, so it doesn't matter what we vote anyway, they get their ideas in no matter what. The illusion of a free choice gives people the idea that they have something to say.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: jimmyx

You Jimmy - get up on that podium and sell yourself - you'll get my vote.

True Story.

nice disarming comeback....look, I'm not naïve, simply put, they are trying to appeal to the broadest base of voters as they can. if you put yourself in their position, and are equipped with some common sense about how our government works, you already know that "change" takes agreement among wildly different constituents in different parts of this nation. therefore, details and specifics about what can be truthfully accomplished, are left out of the discussion. even the federal governments computers, communication hardware, and software, are from the 80's and 90's. they can't even come together on spending the money for those vitally needed upgrades. added to this, the are cutting back on manpower and hiring, even as our country grows, and becomes more complex. when you do not have enough watchdogs and auditors, or experienced people with proper tools, you set up failure....this is true in business, but, apparently the voting public and our politicians do not think this happens in government.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Hahahahahaha.

She's really going out on a limb with these ideas huh?

"Hmm...what are people complaining about? I know! I'll say that I think changing those things is a great idea and I'm the one to do it!"

- every politician ever.

Until recently, this has not been popular with politicians.
Only since the rise of Ron Paul and to a smaller extent the tea party, have republicans started to see this as not very fiscally conservative. It was more beneficial to be " Tough on crime"

And while these reforms were supported by a majority of democrats, Bill Clinton enacted many of the policies we need to now curb.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

And she should take a polygraph over the Benghazi incident...since we are talking about transparency and ensuring the citizens rights are honored...

Benghazi?....polygraph for what specifically?...

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Wow talk about saying what I want to hear for your benefit....without ever intending to follow through in the least. Go to hell woman!

ETA: Hey Hillary you out there on ats trying to find an edge...
edit on 29-4-2015 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

I was thinking of changing the OP to Rand Paul proposes criminal justice reforms,
since he has supported These proposals publicly, except body cams

So we could talk about the actual issues,
But it's fun to see people squirm when they agree with Hillary on an issue

edit on 29-4-2015 by HighFive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
And for the record, I hope Hillary loses the dem primary to Bernie sanders or Elizabeth Warren.

And if I have a choice between Rand Paul and Hillary, I'll cast my first republican presidential ballot.
If ANY other (R) candidate gets the nomination I'll gladly vote for whoever the (D) candidate is.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

So how was he able to run? If he just had spinal cord surgery?

I think it awesome that some of the things that are really wrong with the country are finally going to be election topics, we might be making progress.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

What, exactly, is a recent thing for politicians? Wanting criminal justice reforms? Okay. Agreed.

Pandering to the masses for votes? Hardly.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

My husband has had 3 spinal cord surgeries.

They were ALL same day surgeries.

He was sent home and went back to work one week later, he could easily walk, and could have run if he wanted to, but he isn't a stupid young man who would not follow Doctors instructions.

It is quite possible to run one week after spinal surgery, not wise, quite stupid in fact, but possible.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

What, exactly, is a recent thing for politicians? Wanting criminal justice reforms? Okay. Agreed.

Pandering to the masses for votes? Hardly.

Yes criminal justice reform being a bipartisan issue is what I was referring to..

Pandering to popular opinion for votes is not new..

But I started this thread to discuss the actual policies addressed in the OP,
Which are supported by politicians from Rand Paul and Newt Gingrich to president Obama and Bernie Sanders
Not to mention a majority of Americans.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

And I responded to the OP with disdain for Hillary's bandwagon approach to it. Your response to that was unclear to me.

No attempt to derail anything, simply trying to understand an ambiguous statement

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I couldn't agree more. Her blatant attempts to jump on every political bandwagon rolling by is causing my eyes and ears to bleed. If she even wanted the job for any reason other than her own personal ambition I might not be as compelled to vomit whenever she opens her mouth.

I think body cameras are a good idea, given how municipal income depends on arrests and fines to make already bloated budgets. I know of may departments where something akin to comissions are paid for varying tickets written.

a reply to: Sublimecraft

edit on 29-4-2015 by BlueJacket because: op

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure this recommendation has already been made. Only a politician can jump on a bandwagon that was built with taxpayers money.

Hilliary is playing to the masses and we shouldn't be falling for it. Once again, I'm pretty sure this idea has already been proposed (citation would be appreciated) and I do not trust what this woman says.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I think Hillary is jumping on the bandwagon on this one too..

And yes these proposals have been brought up recently by a coalition of politicians from both sides of the aisle.
abovetopsecret.com...

But this is not the establishment position of either party.
"Tough on crime" has been the prevailing policy.

Like I've said in previous posts.. Ron Paul and the tea party have forced republicans to look at this as an issue of fiscal conservatism and personal liberty. This has led to growing bipartisan support for these proposals Since many democrats have long supported these changes.

Again to the point... Do you support:
Police demilitarization?
Criminal Justice and sentencing reform?
Drug war reforms?
Cities funding their budgets on mass incarceration?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join