It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton: Police Officers should wear Body Cameras

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
www.usatoday.com...

Hillary Clinton has proposed much needed reforms to the criminal justice system:
Body cams for every police dept.
Drug war reform
Ending mass incarceration for non violent crimes
Prison reform
Demilitarization of the police

Baltimore has paid 5.7 million dollars since 2011 for police misconduct cases, and has over 150 police brutality cases being investigated currently

As we see in republican controlled cities( Ferguson,N. Charleston )
and democratic controlled cities( Baltimore, NY )

These cities rely on the income from policing the poorest neighborhoods, continuing the drug war, endless cycles of jail and probation and fines. And when the police are caught falsifying reports or assaulting a suspect, it is in the cities best interest to clear the officer of charges to avoid the huge payouts that will further take money from schools and important social programs in the city.

Body cameras are a good first step, and there has been bipartisan support from Rand Paul to Corey Booker for prison reform. #FUCO

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 29-4-2015 by HighFive because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: HighFive

Hillary Clinton has proposed much needed reforms to the criminal justice system:

Agreed, but what difference will it make?

It is just pandering to the general consensus - blind freddy can see that.

Now cough-up your emails and what was that about your tax returns again?

If anyone needs to be wearing a body camera, it's this cow. (apologies to actual cows, no offence intended)

I swear, if she gets elected, America is off my Christmas card list.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: HighFive
www.usatoday.com...

Body cams for every police dept.
Drug war reform
Ending mass incarceration for non violent crimes
Prison reform
Demilitarization of the police

IF these are real concerns of hers, I for once support her.

However, I don't believe anything that comes out of ANY politicians mouth.

That "hope and change" sounded good too.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

She's full of it. All of them are when campaigning. Everything from now on to election is all lies and BS. Believe none it. She wants your vote and will say anything to get it. God forbid she's gets into office, she'll never meet the promises she made. That you can take to the bank.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
OMG

For once I agree with her.

All police should wear body cameras.

If they did Ferguson would never have happened, there would have been video of the incident and the truth would have stopped the riots.

Absolutely, yes, and the recordings must be archived in perpetuity.

That being said:

DYNASTIC PRESIDENCY, NEVER EVER, MUST NEVER BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN

edit on 10Wed, 29 Apr 2015 10:04:33 -0500am42904amk293 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
hillary needs to wear one 24/7 that's one sneaky patrica right there.
she need to be watch much more than a cop.
edit on 29-4-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I'm not a huge Hillary fan by any means, but these policies have support from a majority of democrats and many libertarian and tea party members in congress who see it isn't fiscally conservative to spend 100 million a year locking up non violent criminals. These measures could pass if it weren't for the Hastert rule.

Even ATS favorite Rand Paul, who has wavered on his convictions, still supports these.

I probably should have left Hillary out of this discussion, but my ATS link in the OP is about newt Gingrich and Corey Booker working toward prison reform legislation. Good bipartisan news right? It got no responses....

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Well why let a good opportunity for voters approval than what is going on in Baltimore this days, but I have read that some states are doing the opposite, is been bills to repeal cameras in police cars and many other against filming police arrests in the name of the rights of police to privacy, Missouri have such a bill in the making after the Ferguson case.

So lets see how this plays around, one thing is saying what people wants to hear and another to follow up on promises, we all know how hope and change is working out this days.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

She's full of it. All of them are when campaigning. Everything from now on to election is all lies and BS. Believe none it. She wants your vote and will say anything to get it. God forbid she's gets into office, she'll never meet the promises she made. That you can take to the bank.

good, then you won't be voting, because every politician lies....your only answer therefore, is anarchy....what a forward looking idea (sarcasm intended). which middle eastern country will you model after?....Syria?...Iraq?...Afghanistan?...Yemen?...Libya?....all good examples of modern day anarchy

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

I totally agree she is campaigning with these statements.

She is jumping on the bandwagon because it is in the spotlight now, and prison reform is getting bipartisan support right now. # FUCO

What her or any other politician would do in a hypothetical situation is irrelevant.

Does ATS agree with: demilitarizing the police, ending expensive lock ups of non violent criminals, prison reform?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Like Swills said, it's all lip service, lead up to 1992, 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012 elections were identical 18 months out. (and before those dates too)

Promise, promise then.....FU - bend over.

enough is enough me think.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Would you want to watch that feed? I sure wouldn't. I would be scared for life if i seen her undress and her old boobs smash to the floor and follow her like a puppy.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

You Jimmy - get up on that podium and sell yourself - you'll get my vote.

True Story.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
A politician = empty promises

Basically they will tell you everything you want to hear while running for office. It's a whole other story once elected. Thats all politicians by the way, nothing directly against Hillary.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Q: How do you know if a politician is lying?

A: It's lips are moving.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
hillary needs to wear one 24/7 that's one sneaky patrica right there.
she need to be watch much more than a cop.

YES, yes, yes

All public officials, police, elected officials, all public officials should be required to wear a body cam while on duty or at work.

Ohhhhhhh, yeahhhhhhhh!

But really, I think a body cam would have prevented most, if not all of the recent riots.

It looks like the guy in Baltimore had spinal surgery and was getting a huge cash award from Allstate for a car accident that resulted in spinal surgery, and the surgery was, some say, only a week or so before the arrest, and he was not wearing his cervical collar, so even being put in a police car the proper approved way could have killed him.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Like Swills said, it's all lip service, lead up to 1992, 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012 elections were identical 18 months out. (and before those dates too)

Promise, promise then.....FU - bend over.

enough is enough me think.

Aww you guys sound so defeated!
There is bipartisan support to reform the criminal justice system!
To cut government and save money!
If the title of this thread had Rand Paul's name in place of Hillary, we would be talking about the bipartisan proposals...

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I'm from Australia - couldn't give a fat rats cracker. But I'm gonna push you buggers to see the bigger picture......those that hang their hat on the democrips or rebloodlicans

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Agreed, but what difference will it make?

It is just pandering to the general consensus - blind freddy can see that.

Now cough-up your emails and what was that about your tax returns again?

If anyone needs to be wearing a body camera, it's this cow. (apologies to actual cows, no offence intended)

I swear, if she gets elected, America is off my Christmas card list.

It doesn't matter what is voted anyway, illuminati will get their way. Camera's will come. Just wait. Obama wasn't the first to suggest "Obama care" Mitt Romney did aswell, but Obama came in.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
So should Hillary (with microphones).

And Politicians.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join