It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Unanswered Questions About The Baltimore Riots That They Don’t Want Us To Ask

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel
a reply to: criticalhit
Yeah, I am sure most couldn't answer at all if they even wanted to.

Brekrenridge, Aspen?

No, Flagstaff AZ

I wish Aspen lol, that would mean I wasn't just as poor as any idiot rioting in Baltimore lol

It's prettier tho... Rolling Stone calls it "Poverty with a view" which leads to another point, Poverty + population density = chaos and Poverty + open space = meh who gives a crap if i'm poor...

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: boohoo

It could be, I will no deny that this could be just an agenda, but I also believe that this time is different, I'm hopeful that we should not back down with the peaceful protest that we as Americans are entitle to have.

America needs change, big change, the only ones that can bring change is us the people.

The thing is, could it be too late?

This is not about occupy Wall street this about basic human rights that we already have but we have forgotten to remind our leaders what they mean.

I will remind hopeful until prove otherwise.

I've talked about this before.

Millennial's can't even muster up a proper protest, let alone a rebellion. In my opinion officials let Ferguson burn and grow out of control for political purposes. They could have quelled that spineless crown in less than a couple of hours, if they had really wanted to. This is the "break and run" generation, they will run at the slightest tumble weed and they have NO stomach for physical confrontation. If LEO's put the hoses or dogs on them like they did on protestors in the 1960's, I don't doubt many frail, "millennial bodies", would have failed under the show of force, resulting in "instant death" for some.

In addition to the above, I think surveillance tech, tightly controlled media and perfected subterfuge techniques are keeping ALL of us from knowing if new activist groups are springing up. I'd argue the government today, nips such movements in the bud, sending participants to jail will-nilly, affording them no due process like activists received in the 1960's and in turn give them horrible plea bargain deals. I think people ARE indeed trying to take action, but are quickly stomped out, rounded up by LEO's and NONE of it gets to the media, including blogger and Instagram journalists.

I'll give a simple example of something I thought for sure I would see in the streets during riots, but have yet to see it happen. During Occupy, protesters from EVERY city were easily dispersed by tear gas and flash bangs.

Why?

Didn't the Occupy participants have knowledge that such tactics would be used against them? Did they not prepare to neutralize the effects, especially with some ex-military people participating and having past experience dealing with such? The rioters is Greece and Spain were not as easy to disperse, in fact they were not dispersed at all by LEO's.

So, I'm supposed to believe that most protesters in the USA, NEVER thought to prepare and have Goggles/eye-protection, shields, or safety/chemical respirators with them at all times? ALL OF THIS STUFF IS OVER THE COUNTER today, but NONE of the protesters I have seen, not since the 1990',s prepare with such equipment.

Here is another example, imagine if the UC Davis cop that started pepper spraying the student protesters, found out that they ALL had respirators and goggles. Would he have started beating them with his night stick instead out of frustration because he wouldn't be able to effectively use the pepper spray?

I would say, most likely, yes.

If you know you're going to get shot with rubber bullets and bean bag shotguns, a defensive formation like the Ancient Roman/Greek Phalanx should be Standard Operating Procedure, but nope, Millennial protestors just stand around until the SHTF and then start running in every direction, as if being shot at by LEO's was an impossibility.

So whats different about American Millenial protesters versus Europeans? My guess is anyone that could teach Americans proper tactics to counter LEO's are quickly arrested on trumped up charges and threatened to never return to help the activists again "or else". American protesters are so poorly organized that I can't imagine them EVER having an ounce of success, but at the same time I think surveillance tech, tightly controlled media and perfected subterfuge techniques are ENTIRELY responsible for said poor organization and preparation.

The FBI said Friday it has deployed about 100 agents to the St. Louis area ahead of the decision, in case demonstrators take to the streets

Such perfected techniques are keeping ALL of us from knowing if new activist groups are springing up across America.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
And let me add...

NY figured out how to start getting rid of Ghettos... Up the rent, vacate tenement buildings and make it un-affordable

I know that sounds awful

But we had this "Phase" where we packed people into inner cities to provide opportunities but that is utter BS, every study in the world shows links between over population and violence, it's a Fact and the Truth is, our inner city businesses pay a lot of money and hire only "experts" 90% of the time accounting, business etc, so unless you have gone through school or "already" have some expertise your "opportunities" don't actually exist

Here I am poor as hell in "wide open spaces" and I leave my door open at night, the rent is still cheaper than even the "cheap rent" in any city, there is a college (and i'm here for other reasons, children) but it would be very easy to just take some classes on Obama's dime and THEN move when I got a job...

This "thing" of creating "poor housing" in downtown areas is retarded, it ruins everything and just plain Does Not Work... what it does is create class warfare when no one living there can afford all the cool stuff... it creates theft, it creates anger it creates more poverty

Look at Baltimore demographics it's a center of Poverty in the heart of the Business district surrounded by rich people who have no choice to commute into chaos... everyone's life sucks as a result.

It's like Feudaism gone stupid

all the serfs inhabit the cultural and financial center and the nobles are an hr and half out shopping at walmart

No one wants to visit our cities lol, they suck, they are horrible and dangerous and everyone is pissed off all the time and they don't GROW as a result... Baltimore had 50 years of population declines lol.

You can't go anywhere in the world and find a single person at a travel agency saying "let's go to Baltimore! Yay" Unless they want assisted suicide lol, it's crazy there.

You work your way UP to the Castle, that's the way it works, that drives Growth and prosperity and tourism.

We screwed up and the Joke is that is WHY the people are willing to burn it down... because it just doesn't work and it's the only way out... it's where the prison system begins, it's because our city centers are financial prisons.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: boohoo

It took me a while to read your very interesting post on our views of modern protest, I was watching also the events going on in NY, people allowed the government and mayor in NY to erode their constitutional rights to peaceful assembly and now people are finding how and to what extend their rights has been taken away.

They are arresting left and right now just for been there even peacefully, I see it this way,

This protest are about the power of the police against citizens, when people starts to see these arrest by the same people that they are protesting against at, things are bound to get worst.

Most people are looking at the police as the problem and is not good when the problem just gets getting bigger.

Now as your post, I understand what you are trying to say, I had the same way of thought before the Baltimore riots, people are not going to care about anything but fighting for what they see as been violated by the so call authorities.

I hope that something is really happening, I hope that change is coming and is going to take a lot of strong will.

Today the protest look to me a lot more organized than before.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Yes I posted a break down of the poverty and population of Baltimore on another thread, you are right in the way that the inner cities were created and how many cities has gotten away getting rid of the poor areas.

But the problems with the poor is more than just poor areas, is about how our once great industrial base was traded for cheap labor in other nations, how our own government has contributed to the downfall of the cities while allowing the problem of the poor get bigger, our nation is now a nation of for profits and the people doesn't matter at all, their solution is throwing tax dollars in the way of social welfare to keep them quiet.

That worked, with the original generation of entitlement, but now is a new generation that are getting tired of it, that is why I feel is going to be a big change, (at least I hope so) people are getting tired of getting bread crumps for survival.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

All excellent questions, with one simple answer. This is all planned and controlled. Racial tension, fear mongering, and an excuse for martial law; all of these play right into the plans of a government that wants to take over utterly.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I basically agree with your breakdown.

But I'd have to add "I don't know if getting rid of Industry" wasn't inevitable.

I look at 3-d printers, I see the Chinese able to put up a 50 story building in weeks and construct working Islands, and I think... "this is no different than the last civil war when Industry fought Agriculture" as a way of life.

I think Minus science, tech etc, skills... your screwed aside from directly working with money, it's a new age and lets be honest "Industry Cities" were always horrible anyway, you've seen the smog in China as they try to run through industry into the new era overnight, it stinks...

Cities in general will need to be redifined

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

The industrial base in the US was let go in the idea that we Americans were innovators and inventors, pass the menial work of building.

But that was when America was more productive and had more prosperity, after that idea was sold, we had various market crash and those that were destitute with the outsourcing just could not recuperate with the increased unemployment, then the status division got bigger and wider, inequality now just keep growing.

We have people working but is a bigger group that are call the working poor, you work but still need the assistance of the tax payer to make ends meet.

Then the government can not seem to find a way to produce jobs in the nation unless they are menial low paying jobs.

The biggest gap can be found in a city like Baltimore, were they enjoy a high income range but the majority in the city is very poor, so the city cater to the high income earners while throwing bread crumps to the very poor and turning a blind eye to their struggles.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BennyHavensOh

the problem with population control as a reason is that it is completely illogical.

"the elite" need plebes to wipe their butt. If everyone is dead...who shall don the Charmin? Meanwhile you have EU nations all but begging their folks to have more kids.
edit on 4/29/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

the problem with population control as a reason is that it is completely illogical.

"the elite" need plebes to wipe their butt. If everyone is dead...who shall don the Charmin? Meanwhile you have EU nations all but begging their folks to have more kids.

Well, the powers that be (whoever they are) may have about one thousand million clones (or cloned foetuses) to take over, or whatever. Just sayin'.

Devil's advocate, forgive me

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

True, slaves are and always will be required by those that work not, but the problem is quantity. If you recall the Roman senator that suggested that slaves be required to wear armbands so they were easily identifiable, he was countered with the fact that if they did, they would soon realize that there existed such a vast majority of slaves serving so few that revolution would be inevitable. America is in the midst of a socio-economic beat down that will result in such an awakening and I believe that this is a concern the wealthy elite honestly have.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Our misery will have to slide pretty far into the abyss before real change happens. It won't be these regional stories that galvinize a national movement.

Matter of fact, it is likely that any national movement that happens will be infiltrated by the $$$ that runs things now. The Tea Party started out as a decent movement. A solid political movement. Then it was usurped by already elected officials who slyly left their pack and slid on a sheeps clothing. Now look at the Tea party. Its a laughing stock for all but the most marginalized.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Matter of fact, it is likely that any national movement that happens will be infiltrated by the $$$ that runs things now. .

Darn, do you have to be so right, I hate you, I forgot how the opportunist always find a way to cash out on our nations struggles and the good intentions of those that are pushing for change, what can I say everything is for sale at the right price.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I can see why you Texans (in the spirit of John Bell Hood), are targets for those that will destroy us because you see it like it is and are not afraid to stand against it. I am afraid that when this all plays out, we too will be lamenting, "you should have let me moved around to the right." While my experiences with your One Star State are marred by heat and humidity, I have always had and always will have the utmost respect for you Texans. May you fare well.

edit on 29-4-2015 by BennyHavensOh because: typing error

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit
And let me add...

NY figured out how to start getting rid of Ghettos... Up the rent, vacate tenement buildings and make it un-affordable

I know that sounds awful

But we had this "Phase" where we packed people into inner cities to provide opportunities but that is utter BS, every study in the world shows links between over population and violence, it's a Fact and the Truth is, our inner city businesses pay a lot of money and hire only "experts" 90% of the time accounting, business etc, so unless you have gone through school or "already" have some expertise your "opportunities" don't actually exist

Here I am poor as hell in "wide open spaces" and I leave my door open at night, the rent is still cheaper than even the "cheap rent" in any city, there is a college (and i'm here for other reasons, children) but it would be very easy to just take some classes on Obama's dime and THEN move when I got a job...

This "thing" of creating "poor housing" in downtown areas is retarded, it ruins everything and just plain Does Not Work... what it does is create class warfare when no one living there can afford all the cool stuff... it creates theft, it creates anger it creates more poverty

Look at Baltimore demographics it's a center of Poverty in the heart of the Business district surrounded by rich people who have no choice to commute into chaos... everyone's life sucks as a result.

It's like Feudaism gone stupid

all the serfs inhabit the cultural and financial center and the nobles are an hr and half out shopping at walmart

No one wants to visit our cities lol, they suck, they are horrible and dangerous and everyone is pissed off all the time and they don't GROW as a result... Baltimore had 50 years of population declines lol.

You can't go anywhere in the world and find a single person at a travel agency saying "let's go to Baltimore! Yay" Unless they want assisted suicide lol, it's crazy there.

You work your way UP to the Castle, that's the way it works, that drives Growth and prosperity and tourism.

We screwed up and the Joke is that is WHY the people are willing to burn it down... because it just doesn't work and it's the only way out... it's where the prison system begins, it's because our city centers are financial prisons.

You are right the biggest problem was creating public housing you put the poor and disenfranchised in one location.This wasn't done out of kindness this wad done to move them out of sight. But you create generations of people dependent on the government for survival. This is the easiest way to control the population you have a voter block you can count on. If people want to stop the cycle it's easy do away with public housing. Go to vouchers and have these people find housing in diffrent areas time for segregation to end. People will be motivated to try to keep up with their neighbors. In the hoods they have nothing to strive for.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The nuttiest thing about it all Dragon...

If you look up the studies in regards to Rats in over crowded situations showing that they begin to kill themselves off...

The first tenements were built just a few years after...

I think this is the legacy of "Intent"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join