It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just want the magic back, oh and Nesse is a salamander now

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Nesse a Giant Salamander?

Honestly I don't care if it's a giant eel, a salamander, or anything else, I'd just like to see any one of the big named cryptids proven to be real. Don't care what it is, as long as it exists and is proven to for a fact.

If even one of the big names are proven to be real, it'll add it a bit of mystery and magic back into the world. It's too easy to be skeptical of everything mysterious in this world. Even if only for a little bit, to have any one of the big mysteries demonstrated to be true, it would be enough to make somber, life draining skepticism, that takes away all that's fantastic and wondrous from the world, and diminish it for a time.

People could speculate again, people would talk everywhere, it would be enough to open the mysterious back up to the public, if even only temporarily. For a time, believing in and talking about the mysterious would be accepted and normal.

Things have gotten so mundane and somber. The magic is gone from the world, it is attacked with venom and hate more than it's accepted as something worthy of contemplation.

I want my monsters back, I want to speculate on who might be out there visiting us, I want to discuss the possibilities of faeries, or their possible connection to ET. I want to for a bit, have a vacation from the choking skepticism that drowns our world and destroys the wonder in our hearts.

Let any of the great cryptids be proven real beyond a shadow of a doubt, it would be a great thing for the world and ourselves as well. A little wonder is good, and we need that back. It's being choked off, the world is becoming too droll and mundane, mystery and wonder are becoming a thing of derision.

If we're never allowed to wonder, to speculate, to hope for the wondrous to be true, to use our imaginations, and to seek a break from accepted reality, all that will be left is all the joy of watching paint dry.

Anyone else with me on my hopes for even one cryptid to kick the skeptics in the teeth just once?
edit on 4/29/2015 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It's not always about the big cryptids though. Just a year ago (or so) we had that case of "something" eating that great white shark off the coast of Australia, dragging it's tracking device far too deep, too quickly for any known creature to do (at least according to our knowledge of their behaviours).

We also had that odd sound Not too long ago in the ocean which was so loud and deep that it couldn't have been made by any known whales, either.

Speculation comes and goes, but the cases keep coming

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Here you go, caught these faeries last night.

And this little lady I caught this morning.

Ok, I lied. I didn't see them, but I thought I'd give you a bit of magic through images for now.

I'm sure that somewhere, there are things we know nothing about. Things yet revealed to us and discovered.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

The reason for the big cryptids is, something new is new, is easily disregarded as one of numerous new discoveries, BUT on of the big named cryptids have been around a long time, and the lack of indisputable proof up til now has made turning them all into jokes all to easy.

Having just one of the old cryptids that supposedly can't exist because evidence has to have presented itself by now if they did, or so they say, is enough to be able to tell skeptics to stuff that in their craw and smoke it.
edit on 4/29/2015 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
It's just gotten too easy for skeptics, I'd like some more ammunition to fight back with. Good ole Coelacanth has already swam his paces. He just doesn't have the gusto and pull he used to.

Neither does how long gorilla we're little more than a legend before finally being proven.

We need something big.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
i absolutely agree on the world needing a bit of mystery, i feel that it's being lost as well, especially when it comes to things considered "magical" so to speak.
Eve those stupid giant squids decided to show up and destroy the aura of mystery they had.

The reality of it all is simple, even if kinda sad:
All those cryptids are a result of flat out lies (like Nessie and bigfoot) or just human error.
It's harder and harder to back up the idea that these creatures exist when we have satellite photography and 16 Mp cameras on our phones and cameras with incredible zoom capabilities.

In a world where children learn to use a touchscreen before they know how to walk, there is just no space for blurry pictures and the moth man's wacky antics.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Sighs me to.
But just look what we have done to the land.
No wonder it is near impossible to find a fairy.

And they just celebrated saint George day.
For killing the Last Dragon!!
evil man! The knights killed the unicorns to.

I blame science,
they have taken away the magic.
And they they say they have found dimensions!!
thats ware the magical creatures are hiding
until the humans kill them serfs off.

No belief in magic then No magic.

edit on 29-4-2015 by buddha because: I slip't

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Cryptids are the magic and mystery. If one is "proven" to be "real", it will just be another animal. And the skeptics will find someway to claim they were right all along.

Magic and mystery are things that happen between your ears. Not out in the "real" world.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Magic is just misunderstood science. There is PLENTY of amazing things out there for us to see and experience that we've discovered. There is even more that we haven't. If you want to look at the world in wonderment again, just follow cutting edge science.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Strangely enough, I've been thinking about this issue lately. When I was a youngster and the world was new to me, everything was magical. The mere fact that I and everything in the world existed was unbelievable, mysterious and magical.

But my old age has jaded me. Most everything is now mundane, nothing is a real surprise anymore. Even when something strange or paranormal happens, I tend to blow it off. Actually, a few strange things have been going on in my life lately, but things that would give me goose bumps before just don't phase me anymore.

There was once a glorious day some years ago when I could see and understand what the pagans thought about the world. Everything had a spirit and the forces of nature was a daily drama of gods and lesser spirits interacting. The sun and moon, the clouds, the winds dancing upon the waters, the river having a conversation with the local topography as it makes it way to the ocean, the different forces of the day and then the night, all of that was crystal clear, but now it all seems lifeless, and dead to my eyes. Animals, plants and esp. humans seemed so remarkable and divine to me at one time, now that is hard to imagine and harder to see for me these days.

I need a long nature retreat to get some of that back I think.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I feel the OP's pain. When we were pre teens they took away our santa, the tooth fairy etc. So we grew up and discovered nessie and bigfoot. Now as another poster already replied, with things like 16 mp cameras on our cell phones and google earth we have managed to take away our magical heroes once again. But as adults we need these tender hopes so much more as we grow older and there are less things to believe in.

We are bound to find one of the great cryptids soon, it is about time for one of them to slip up and get spotted on someones trail cam. Keep your head up and your heart open.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
You can see them yourself, possibly. I know that they are around more than most people expect.
Get used to being out in the deep woods and don't be afraid, get used to your animal neighbours and learn about them and be cautious but unafraid, don't carry weapons, have a good spirit, and don't hunt, just envoy your time in nature and if you see something unusual, it's a bonus.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
In many ways, the internet has killed the magic you seek a return to. For all of it's usefulness, the internet has spoiled much of what we used to find enthralling. Bogged down with hoax You Tube videos, and any number of "internet Sasquatch investigators" who were once just people with a hobby, now all fighting for internet Bigfoot glory, claiming to be experts in the field.

Hell, you can't even have a good bar argument over several beers anymore. Stupid smart phones end every damn argument in 30 seconds.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I have been recently viewing the Animal Planet's program called, "Lake Monsters". The greenland shark can get up to 24 feet long and is probably mistaken for Nessie. Jeremy Wade, the star of the program, caught a large one while fishing in Loch Ness, recently.

Most sightings at Loch Ness are floating logs, boat wakes and up-wellings of water temperature inversion layers in the lake.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: starswift

Don't carry a weapon? Good to know I should be mostly defenseless against any mountain lion who thinks I look yummy.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I often think it would be awesome to finally prove something like a Sasquatch exists but then I remember the consciquence of such an action.
How many people would stop going in the woods if they realized these things lurk out there?
How many residential lands would be lost to preserving such a creature? Would you want your land to become a game preserve just because the creature comes through that area?
How many more idiots would hit the woods just to poach such a beast?

Although it would be awesome to rub it in the face of naysayers I think the end result may not be what is needed.
You want to mess something up then just get us humans involved. Maybe the mystery is just what's needed.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Right because bears, rabid animals, and mountain lions aren't already a good deterrent.

If these things don't stop a person, why would bigfoot? Also if these things would stop a person, bigfoot existing or not wouldn't change that.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I live around bears and a few reported mountain lions and they don't deter me from going camping or just in the woods in general but if I knew an eight foot tall four foot wide man like gorilla was out there I wouldn't sleep well at all while camping.
Why? Because we know more about bears and lions.

If Nessie was proven absolutely real would you swim in any inch of the Lochness?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
What's so great about finding these supposed legendary monsters? What about the 15,000 to 20,000 new species we discover every YEAR? Are they not good enough for our wonderment? We have to focus on these specific things?

Five New Species Found Right Under our Noses

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Isn't the lake to cold for species like salamanders.

What's so great about finding these supposed legendary monsters? What about the 15,000 to 20,000 new species we discover every YEAR? Are they not good enough for our wonderment? We have to focus on these specific things?

Only insects and small animals alike i believe.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join