It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian spacecraft 'hurtling towards Earth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
disclosure? really? lol.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
a reply to: AgentSmith

That V shaped structure emanating from the glowing reflection swings through several times just before the Earths horizon.

The camera may be mounted on a pod and appears to be just rotating around the axis of that pod.

1. The V shaped structure is not attached to the Earth
2. The V shaped structure does appear to connect at the glowing reflection of the pod skin.

Satellites usually spin in orbit anyways to provide things like thermal equalization.
If you want a camera to focus on the Earth it needs to counter that spin while it is photographing.

Why does the telemetry data look so old and faded at this point?

The camera is fixed on the spacecraft and you can see part of the spacecraft at the top of the image. As it rotates in its entirety your view of the spacecraft doesn't change apart from the lighting, due to the rotation.
Don't know what you mean about the telemetry, it is superimposed on the video signal and is an old system.
I believe they use a cross dipole for the antenna, though what it is is largely irrelevant, this is fixed to the space craft and as it rotates the grounds station experiences momentary LOS (Loss Of Signal) before re-acquisition of Signal. This is an analog system so the effect is nothing like on modern digital systems.
I hope that helps you understand what you're seeing.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
You're all missing the point:
There was the decoration for the May,9th Russian victory party in it.
Someone or something made that thing go down. God, aliens, coincidence, Mother Nature, Karma i don't care, i think it is hilarious.

edit on 2-5-2015 by Peeple because: spell

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Why does everything re-entering the atmosphere have to burn up? Why doesn't friction just slow it down enough so that the object falls to Earth...like an airplane would do if it didn't exert enough thrust to overcome atmospheric resistance?

Would be nice if mission control had the ability to make this supply capsule come down near an African village afflicted by starvation. Well-done food, ready to eat!

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

What exactly is "hilarious"? And what is your "point"?

edit on 2-5-2015 by Meduzi because:

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

"Everything" doesn't. Objects must be able to withstand the heat converted from friction. If the gravity was less, there would be less heat. The space shuttles were only able to return due to heat shielding on part of the body. When that failed, we lost a vehicle. As re-entry means falling through none/very thin atmosphere, the rate of decent will be fast. Then it hits thicker atmosphere, where friction caused heat. If you drop an object - rocket, space shuttle or aeroplane - if flight is not controlled, they will all burn.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Meduzi

There was the decoration for the May,9th Russian victory party in it.

There will be no propaganda party on ISS. No decoration. The thing didn't make it. Don't know i think i made my point pretty clear. What's your problem?

edit on 2-5-2015 by Peeple because: i

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Maybe you could take your Russophobia to another thread, of which there are several already. This thread is about Progress M-27M.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Russophobia is funny, got a lot of russian blood myself... And it belongs into this thread :

The cargo ship also is delivering a copy of the Banner of Victory, the banner raised over the Reichstag in Berlin by victorious Soviet soldiers in 1945.

source so i think it is super funny and very ronic the homophobic, fascist morron won't get his big gloating day. He is more Hitler than anybody else currently alive, and it would have been highly unjust if we all would have to watch him in his victory pose, wouldn't it?
So why don't you just accept the facts, that the thing won't taint our collective ISS and go in another threat were you can spew your love for Putin in like-minded peoples faces?
I still think it is super funny.Yeah Go Karma Go! Bite him in the nuts! Wohoo!

edit on 2-5-2015 by Peeple because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

You are gloating over the failure of a ISS re-supply mission, because you are anti-Putin? If Putin decides to stop ferrying people, the entire ISS project would cease by next month. Maybe you would be ecstatic over this also?

I couldn't care less even if Putin's head exploded with his next Botox session. Your over-zealous hatred of Putin, is, IMO, as irritating as the Putin fan-boys, of which, I am not one of.

Maybe just one thread that has a Russian theme could remain uncontaminated by both you Putin "fors" & "againsts".

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I may have missed something here but I don't remember Putin being on the ISS?

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Really did i say that? NO.
If you can't read why should i write?

(post by Meduzi removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

It's an english forum, so no.
Also enlighten me please what your problem is?
I think it is funny the May, 9th celebration won't have a banner up in space, because it was part of the cargo on progress m-27m.
I already got it: you can't laugh about it, maybe you don't see the irony, when your führer keeps failing. But i do.
So... If you could tell me wtf you want from me? I can't have an opinion, or what?
It's not against Russia, or the people working in Baikonur. I just think the narcistic #head(my opinion) currently driving Russia against a huge concrete wall is the reason "they" (Aliens, God, Karma, coincidence, what have you) made sure he doesn't think he has a reason to celebrate a victory over Nazi-Germany, because well... he's a homophobic fascist, so...
And you keep repeating what has it to do with progress, as your strongest argument (so far) while
it was part of the cargo on progress m-27m.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Can we stick to the topic and stop the personal sniping, now ?

Please do.

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join