It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Cameron have "Brain Fade" over his footie team, or is he just another horrible liar?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I lol'd

No comment on the Tait piccy? I was looking for pictures of dejected Villa players for the OP and couldn't pick one from the hundreds on offer, then i remembered the old photo of Tait from Autowindscreens (iirc).. i just had to use it then.

Tbf i kinda like The Villa - i've been to more Villa games than all other teams combined. I had a season ticket with my Dad for several seasons as a kid, plus my sister's in-laws are NUFC fans so we all occasionally go to Villa/Newcastle games, either oop north or round here.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

My gut instinct is that it he messed up because he doesn't really support any team.
I've been a Swansea man since a child, I watched us in the old 1st division in the 80's and I've watched them when we nearly left the football league.
NOBODY forgets which team they support, I don't buy it at all...blatant lies trying to identify with us 'common' folk in my opinion.

...or wait a minute, is it Spurs or Swansea I support, both home kits white n black, both begin with S...urm...oh gosh, a brain fade or what, yes I can see how easy it is to forget now! Cameron is a knob.

*Edit*
Never watched Villa play at a stadium, but I did get beaten up by Birmingham City fans after watching Swansea lose to them in 1991 lol
edit on 29.4.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

God, i hate you Leeds fans.

I think that this is just wonderful political comedy. It's a prize berk who starts using a subject that many have an encyclopaedic knowledge of, just to gain support.

They will always be exposed, just like Blair was.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Haha, Leeds eh? They're in the conference aren't they? Oh no, I'm thinking of Torquay United, they play in yellow and blue as well, easy mistake to make of course, just ask Cameron, he'll agree.

...you're right though, only a prize berk will try to 'get down with the people' if they can't even remember their own team lol

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

You sure you ain't thinking of Norwich?

Jeez, i'm confused now.

Cameron's still a knob, ofc

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Haha, no, I'm thinking of their kit in 1993/94 ish, was sharing a skanky flat with a mad Leeds fan back then, definitely yellow n blue...what's with the changing colours thing anyway?
That's almost as shameful as Cardiff going red instead of the blue they've been forever, just to please the Malaysian market.

Swansea are white and have always been white, Wrexham have always been the red's in Wales, Cardiff though...just the laughing stock after selling out for the coin...and they didn't even stay up haha!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I reckon that was their away kit or even third strip, i'd lay money on Leeds having played in white at home since at least the 70's.

The Cardiff thing was both sad and hilarious in equal measure though, i don't think the plan to get most of Asia supporting them is going so well now that they are mid-table in the championship.

Seems someone volunteered to be fall-guy for Blair's Newcastle balls-up though..

Tony Blair has cleared up an 11-year debate about his support for Newcastle United after a newspaper told him they had misreported him in 1997.
Mr Blair is widely reported to have said he watched Jackie Milburn play - even though the ex-PM was 4 and living in Australia when Milburn retired.
The Sunday Sun told him its reporter misreported him in a match report - "and the rumour grew from there".
Mr Blair said he had got lots of "stick" about it over the years.

This is the Local Sunday Sun, as opposed to whatever Murdoch's Sunday rag is nowadays.

Oh well, just lying about WMD to sort now.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Never watched Leeds play much as we've been in different divisions for so many years and not played them much. Just checked, they've played us only 8 times since I've been alive, 4 wins to us and 1 draw.
...their badge is still blue n yellow

On-topic, that is funny as about Bliar and Newcastle!
How politicians think they can fool ordinary folk so easily I will never understand. Good for entertainment though.
I'm looking forward to election day, I'm taking a day off and after a lay in bed and a full English at a local greasy spoon cafe I'm off to the local election base to proper grill the various candidates before I vote. Yes, I'm inspired by childish amusement reasons.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I'm still waiting for my opportunity to be a total ass to some local candidate who knocks on my door.

I'm not sure if i'm going to go all passive aggressive in my questioning or just tell them to Eff off staight away and then stare them down with dead eyes.

Hopefully i'll get a chance to do both. There is no one worthy of my vote this time around.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla
Hopefully i'll get a chance to do both. There is no one worthy of my vote this time around.
Hope you do, politicians are always good for a laugh when you put them on the spot.

I'm shamelessly voting tactically this election. I want that referendum the tories are making out they will offer on EU membership so I'm voting for the only party who wants a trading relationship with Europe and points based immigration, similar to every other country not in the EU.

We don't call Australia, New Zealand, Canada, US, etc racist because they don't let us in unless they need us. I want the same for the UK, not 200,000+ net population growth every year.
I don't want a UKIP government, just an honest vote on EU political union, something which I have never had in my life as it all was a sleepwalk into it through various treaties decided by the governments of the day.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join