It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray had spinal surgery a week before the arrest ??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Good goly miss moly, another death, more excuses, and the wheel keeps on spining.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: pilgrimOmega

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Not meant as a racist statement. Just wondering why if all black lives matter, they only seem to matter when it's a white cop involved. That's the only time I see violent protests.

It's even worse if you don't mean it.

But it is racist.

Talking about inner cities, abortions. Because white ladies never get abortions, right? They just have "oopsies" and get a day after pill.

Choosing to have an abortion, for whatever reason, is not the same as being executed by the police because you are a "multiple offense criminal". It's not the same as dying a week later from injuries sustained while in police custody, either.

If due process is not applied, then the law was not applied.

Why does this guy's color matter? I mean, if he's a criminal, put him in jail and give him a trial. White or black or red or yellow or blue. But he needs to LIVE to get to the trial, and if the cops cannot ensure that people in their custody can survive then the system needs an overhaul.

Um, I'm racist? You don't know me pal. You're making this into black vs white abortion issue, pointing out when white women opt for abortions. My original premise was if ALL black lives matter, as has been a repeated mantra I've been hearing since Ferguson, why aren't there violent protests when black babies are aborted. I was just using abortion as an example. Another example is black on black crime, as is prevalent in Chicago. I never see violent protests there.

I'm reading your words, and telling you how they look to me. If I am wrong, help me out. This hasn't convinced me otherwise.

I don't know how to help you out. You can ask my son's black girlfriend how racist I am, I guess. But I'm in good company as I see how you've taken some other members posts on here out of context and also labeled them as racists.

Yes, black girlfriend = impossible to be racist.

But that's not even what I mean, man. I am not calling you a KKK member or anything like that, nor anyone in this thread. I don't think that about you.

I do wonder though if people in the USA understand how much certain kinds of institutionalized thinking and ideas actually are racist without thinking about them being so.

Like, if one cannot understand that race and poverty and education and crime are all connected, and that opportunities for all Americans are not the same even though the nation would be far stronger if it were.

If people act like race and poverty and education and crime are not connected, then you aren't having a fair and honest discussion of Baltimore, or Ferguson, or #ICantBreathe or anything else.

And that, to me, is a kind of racism. Resisting the connection of those things mentioned above and simply placing blame on end result actions like they occurred from a vacuum of nothingness.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The arrest video shows him CLEARLY in need of medical attention, and IT ALSO shows he had some leg function. If officers aren't trained to recognize a clear need for medical attention, maybe they shouldn't have guns because guns cause a need for medical attention when used.

The short video of his arrest shows the ineptitude of the police present. Throw the guy with the backwards twisted leg in a van, and when that leg shows some motion and he screams, get him in faster!

seriously? wtf

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

At the first stop, Gray was placed in leg irons. The driver stopped a second time "to deal with Mr. Gray and the facts of that interaction are under investigation," Davis said. The van stopped one more time to add a second prisoner.

Batts told reporters that at the third stop an officer saw Gray on the floor of the van, asking for a medic. The officer and the van driver picked him up and put him on the seat, the commissioner said.

When the van arrived at the Western District station, police called for an ambulance, said Davis, who is in charge of the investigation.

An attorney for the Gray family said it was positive news, but there is a more important issue.

"It's certainly a step towards acknowledging the truth that the police did not follow their own internal regulations," Jason Downs told CNN's "Erin Burnett OutFront." "What it does not get at is, it does not get at the core of this case and that is why did Mr. Gray need medical attention in the first place? ... That's the question that still has not been answered."

The developments came two days after a police union attorney spoke of the possibility that the injuries occurred during a "rough ride," a frequently claimed practice in which police vehicles are deliberately driven in a way that injures suspects.

At least two suspects have won court cases against the city after being left paralyzed in such rides over the last decade or so, The Baltimore Sun reported Thursday.

www.cnn.com...

There was also another victim who died a week after one of these "rough rides". I'll get the info when I find it. Murder by "rough ride" isn't okay either.

His family says his voice box was crushed. Police admit he wasn't seat belted in. They made three stops, one to put leg irons on him but still didn't seat belt him in, furthering his inability to stabilize and protect himself against the "rough ride". If you guys want to let cops murder people because they're thugs.....well, we're back to square one.
edit on 29-4-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Thanks for that article, very interesting, I am sure that is a lot more cases of the same, if we search enough.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: [post=19290643]Vasa Croe

Kind of a far cry from dealing drugs, but hey...maybe someday this will happen. Likely I won't run from police when they find me though....the "crimes" you mentioned are not exactly felonies nor considered dangerous. So far the good ole USA is treating this law abiding citizen just fine....shocking right?

I guess you would label these "white people crimes" since you are so hellbent on "thug" and whatever else being racist?

Ohg, I am sure in your mind, that white people don't sell drugs.

Sure they do, but you only gave me those three options, which were all very white of you.

You call people racist for saying thug and multiple offence criminal, which Gray was both, then tell me that I am going to be arrested for things that I have never even gotten tickets for......way to project.

Typical argument with a lot of folks here.....try to bring a non-criminal to the level of a known criminal with ridiculous comparisons.

America is filling up with laws. Someday they're sure to pass one that even you will break.

You are an interesting semanticist, at least.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Neutrality

Sadly police are not doctors or nurses, but if they pay them more I am sure the government can change that littler problem.

Yes I am sarcastic, sorry, but is truth police officers are not doctors, so is difficult to determinate who is in real pain from those that are just playing the police to avoid arrest.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Yes, his name was Dondi Johnson. I posted the article on the previous page.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Neutrality

How about Freddie Gray's ineptitude?

If he wasn't ranting and raving like a thug lunatic maybe he would have had an opportunity to explain to the arresting officers that he had a surgical repair of his neck.

This man made his own bed and he is now sleeping in it.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neutrality

The arrest video shows him CLEARLY in need of medical attention, and IT ALSO shows he had some leg function. If officers aren't trained to recognize a clear need for medical attention, maybe they shouldn't have guns because guns cause a need for medical attention when used.

The short video of his arrest shows the ineptitude of the police present. Throw the guy with the backwards twisted leg in a van, and when that leg shows some motion and he screams, get him in faster!

seriously? wtf

The arrest video shows nothing of the sort. It shows him dragging his feet. Once they get him to the back of the van, he is standing on his own just fine. He is then on the back bumper and stepping into the van all on his own.

Now.....here is the video I am talking about. Please watch til the end and you will clearly see him standing on the back of the van on his own, turning his head to say something to the police, then ducking his head and climbing in...nothing like what you just said at all.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
Oh boy....

This has happened before. In 2005 another man, Dondi Johnson, suffered a similar fate after being arrested and loaded into the police van. His spine was broken and he, too, died afterward.

www.thedailybeast.com...#

Dondi Johnson was not strapped in, either, and was refused help when he asked.

Unfortunately this happened a few times here with Philly police too. Here's the most recent:

"Philadelphia taxpayers will pay $490,000 to settle a lawsuit alleging that a man was badly injured when police subjected him to an abusive ride in a department van, sending him careening around inside until he broke his neck."
articles.philly.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Kind of a far cry from dealing drugs, but hey...maybe someday this will happen. Likely I won't run from police when they find me though....the "crimes" you mentioned are not exactly felonies nor considered dangerous. So far the good ole USA is treating this law abiding citizen just fine....shocking right?

I guess you would label these "white people crimes" since you are so hellbent on "thug" and whatever else being racist?

Sure they do, but you only gave me those three options, which were all very white of you.

You call people racist for saying thug and multiple offence criminal, which Gray was both, then tell me that I am going to be arrested for things that I have never even gotten tickets for......way to project.

Typical argument with a lot of folks here.....try to bring a non-criminal to the level of a known criminal with ridiculous comparisons.

America is filling up with laws. Someday they're sure to pass one that even you will break.

Who knows...maybe someday they will. However the ones in place now are the ones Gray broke numerous times. I have a family and kids and typically shy away from dealing drugs on the streets.....

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

White Perp

Black Victim

Black Victim.

White Perp.
And so it has began.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

I read something about this earlier this morning also. It said that he had just received a settlement from Allstate for a Spinal injury and that he had already had spinal damage and surgeries in regards to said damage. So all this chaos going on in Baltimore could literally be for nothing at all. If his family knows about this, which im sure they do, shame on them!!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
And here's your typical thug:

The cases involve mostly drug-related charges, but there are charges from March for second-degree assault and destruction of property.

Gray was due in court on a possession charge on April 24.

He had been in and out of prison since 2009 for various drug cases, according to Maryland Department of Corrections spokesman Gerard Shields. In February 2009, he was sentenced to four years in prison for two counts of drug possession with intent to deliver. Shields said he could not determine from records what kind of drug was involved.
www.cnn.com...

So lets say once again, MJ should be legal, IF it was MJ. If it was MJ then this is your typical reason for the MAJORITY of thugs in prison. Good ole MJ. The definition of thugism in America.

Second degree assault??????? Gets in a fight and hits someone and kicks their car would satisfy that charge. Yep, he's a thug. A BIG BAD THUG. Some of you are seriously reaching.

A lesser assault charge is known as second-degree assault. In Maryland, second-degree assault is defined as causing someone physical injury. This excludes minor injuries. www.attorneys.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

He didn't die in police custody....he died in a hospital. Sure he should have had a trial and due process, but he chose not to learn from prior arrests, nor give himself time to heal after surgery before going out for some more criminal activity and he paid the price. You think the police KNEW he had a spinal injury and did it on purpose? You think they intentionally killed Gray?

It was his OWN fault for putting himself in that situation....

I'd be cautious about making definitive statements at this point. Basically we've got a news blog with anonymous sources alleging a surgery. Nothing has been confirmed.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Oh....I meant to add, that maybe, someday, a person with a squeeky clean background will die in a nefarious manner by the police and actually have a cause to riot....

People love martyrs, especially when they really are squeeky clean. The trouble with MSM martyrs is that the MSM portrays them as the families say they were too quickly without having the whole picture and are often caught holding the bag when the real information comes out.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=19290785]Vasa Croe

Who knows...maybe someday they will. However the ones in place now are the ones Gray broke numerous times. I have a family and kids and typically shy away from dealing drugs on the streets.....

Yes he broke the laws.

I have a family and kids, too. However, I don't want them to live in a world where they are in more danger from the police than a drug dealer.

Nor do I like them growing up in a world without compassion and empathy for fellow man. We've gone from Serve and Protect to Seek and Destroy, and nothing is getting better... it's worse.

Instead of hating Gray and all those like him, is there a way to address how these people and scenarios are created and instilled in communities and figure out a way to change that environment?

Takes work, I know, and far easier to just have the cops beat down bad guys.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

better view of his legs, your view is another perspective

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Oh....I meant to add, that maybe, someday, a person with a squeeky clean background will die in a nefarious manner by the police and actually have a cause to riot....

People love martyrs, especially when they really are squeeky clean. The trouble with MSM martyrs is that the MSM portrays them as the families say they were too quickly without having the whole picture and are often caught holding the bag when the real information comes out.

If the laws aren't applied to everyone equally, what's the difference if they are squeaky clean or a drug dealer? The system is flawed and immoral at that point, and it's open season on everyone.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join