It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray had spinal surgery a week before the arrest ??

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: texasgirl

One problem that needs to be resolved is which Freddie Gray the lawsuit involved.

Freddie Gray that died has a father... his name is Freddie Gray.

Yes, this is certainly possible (and probable).

I can't wait until Friday for the actual investigative results to come out, if the prosecutors decide to release them!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I want to point out I have personally gone through two spinal surgeries.. and one week after surgery you CANNOT run anywhere.

You can walk, but it is not easy - and only then if your surgery was a simpler laser surgery. Any kind of fusion/decompression type of spinal surgery you are in good shape just getting your own personal care such as using the restroom and dressing yourself, which often after a week still requires aid.

So.. if he had spinal surgery and was running anywhere, it was a mild laser surgery where they would have removed the herniated material only.. not a very invasive surgery.

Also, IF he had the less invasive laser surgery and was running.. it would have been A) AGAINST doctors orders and B) he would have had to have been on crack to do it - because not even on oxycontin can you run even after the less invasive laser surgery..(I also know this because that is what I was prescribed for pain after surgery - BOTH times)

I know this because I have had BOTH surgeries.. Here is a link - people talking about walking after back surgery

Therefore, it is doubtful that he had just had surgery, or it is probable that the man was doing some heavy drugs such as crack or meth, causing him to react without feeling any pain..

and IF all his reactions prior to his arrest were that of someone not in pain.. then who knows what happened or why, or what the cops even thought if he suddenly started complaining about pain? We simply don't!

edit on 29-4-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: NavyDoc

Oh for Christ's sake! What offends you more, the fact that you've been outed or your outrage at the the thought of you preforming abortions "in an open field", or a war zone? Are abortions in your field, NavyDoc? What field did you perform them in?

Me thinks the "Doc" doth protest too much.

I find your lies and personal attacks offensive. You made # up, got caught in it, and are squirming about it. Be a man, admit you were lying, and try for some semblance of integrity.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I've never said I was a medic--the Navy doesn't even have "medics."

Oh for Christ's sake, again! Special Operations Combat Medic Course

None of your righteous indignation has anything to do with the obvious police brutality that led to the murder of Freddie Gray.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I see I have entered a 'urinating contest". Lol! You two are both so above this, and yes you know who you are.

I think overall this has been a good discussion, though. The parts that are confusing however, are those areas talking about lead paint poison, prior arrests and prior lawsuits, which as far as I can see, have nothing whatsoever to do with the incidents at hand. ( sorta interesting though.)

Assuming he was 'running' before they brought him down, he sure as hell wasn't after they picked him up off the pavement, was he? And never to run again.

SOMETHING HAPPENED while he was being taken down by the police, or after he was in their custody.

Surely, there is no arguing with that. I hope they acquire unbiased investigators to uncover the true events.
edit on 4/29/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I've never said I was a medic--the Navy doesn't even have "medics."

Oh for Christ's sake, again! Special Operations Combat Medic Course

None of your righteous indignation has anything to do with the obvious police brutality that led to the murder of Freddie Gray.

See, we now know that you haven't a clue and are reaching. SOCOM is a joint command, not a Navy don and, and, as previously been explained to you, the navy does not have Medics, we have Corpsman and even so I've never said I've been a Corpsman. I've always been clear that I'm an MD.

You have been outed as a liar and you are the one who went down this path rather than keeping to the topic. Such a dishonest hypocrite!
edit on 29-4-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

How is saying that I remember you posting your experience as a medic in Iraq, and that you served for a time, at a place that was "at sea" and somehow serviced the oil industry. How does that slander your character?

Once again, if I misremembered, oops. My bad!

Back on topic.

Freddy Gray was murdered by the police.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

How is saying that I remember you posting your experience as a medic in Iraq, and that you served for a time, at a place that was "at sea" and somehow serviced the oil industry. How does that slander your character?

Once again, if I misremembered, oops. My bad!

Back on topic.

Freddy Gray was murdered by the police.

No, you are a liar. Next time you try to derail a topic by disparaging another member, reflect that you got caught in your lies.

Slimy squirming away from it now. Typical spineless lack of integrity.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Breaking news, with a person closer to one of the police officer that were present in the arrest, the spokesperson talks under anonymous conditions

He said that he was told Gray got his injuries during the arrest in the streets, he was screaming in pain and when he stood in the van he was in pain no smiling, this is now in CNN live.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

See, we now know that you haven't a clue and are reaching. SOCOM is a joint command, not a Navy don and, and, as previously been explained to you, the navy does not have Medics...........

Oh? So, Navy men and women aren't allowed in the Special Operations Combat Medic Course?

You have been outed as a liar and you are the one who went down this path rather than keeping to the topic. Such a dishonest hypocrite!

What I've done is dispute and call into question your, so called, medical authority to override what we all know happened. Freddie Gray died from a severed spine at the hands of the police. That had nothing to do with a previous car accident or surgery..... The topic of this thread!

edit on 29-4-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Murder is first of all a willful act. Most cops aren't out to kill the populace.

Accidents do happen. Many things can happen whether through not knowing there is a problem - cops are not doctors - or whether through a take down by force - which is necessary when someone is fighting and running from cops - someone simply landed in the wrong position.

Calling it "murder" is a huge stretch of the imagination. Murder is deliberate and willful. I don't think anyone set out to kill this man. I think something happened, but I am not willing to say that the police intentionally set out to kill a black person that day.

THAT is showing way way way too much hatred and bias. If you are going to run from the cops they will tackle you. If you are already injured and cannot be tackled it is your responsibility to avoid that scenario. If you get tackled you must realize that cops are not doctors, nor should we hire only medical experts to be cops for any just in cases.

Cops should listen to people also. And as a general rule, people being arrested as a whole should not lie to cops about their particular situation, that way, when a real situation is at hand, the cops are more likely to believe said person who say there really IS a problem.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

See, we now know that you haven't a clue and are reaching. SOCOM is a joint command, not a Navy don and, and, as previously been explained to you, the navy does not have Medics...........

Oh? So, Navy men and women aren't allowed in the Special Operations Combat Medic Course?

What I've done is dispute and call into question your, so called, medical authority to override what we all know happened. Freddie Gray died from a severed spine at the hands of the police. That had nothing to do with a previous car accident or surgery..... The topic of this thread!

Nonsensical point. A navy person would never use the term "medic." Thus your "misremembering" is an example of a lie.

You have disparaged me without any sort of knowledge, just made stuff up--also known as a lie.

All I did was use facts and medical knowledge to explain why a possible previous surgery could change the situation.

You are the one who gets offended at any knowledge that has the remotest potential of conflicting with your preconceived notions. As you clearly said, "I don't care."

So you have demonstrated, unsurprisingly, a deep level of dishonesty in this thread. Not surprising, unfortunately.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I agree, the video of the police tacking him to the floor while holding him to restrain him was shown and I see now how he or anybody else could have been harmed in such a way.

link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Breaking news, with a person closer to one of the police officer that were present in the arrest, the spokesperson talks under anonymous conditions

He said that he was told Gray got his injuries during the arrest in the streets, he was screaming in pain and when he stood in the van he was in pain no smiling, this is now in CNN live.

Yes, in the vid I watched, you can hear people in the background screaming for them to call an ambulance. I also want to look into whether that pict of him smiling, is even the same day, but I can't, because my computer is messed up! It seems to me there is a discrepancy in the photo.

(Grrrr. And I haven't taken it in because it's the only one I have and I dread being without it for a couple of days.)

But I think the injuries occurred while they were putting him on the pavement, and handcuffing/placing him under arrest. Passersby were freaking out.

Anyway. Have a good evening peeps.

link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I saw this, too. They blacked him out and altered his voice. Good grief, what the heck happened out there?

edit on 29-4-2015 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Did they step on him or what? What caused his spine to break like that?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
How many welfare offices were burned in Baltimore? In Ferguson? During the LA riots?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I think that we are not getting the real story because of the on going investigation, but is clearly by the video in CNN that he was hurt while on the floor before going into the van, once on the van door he was no smiling but it was an expression of pain.

The anonymous spokesman said that no all the police handle or touched him but the first to lie hands on him were the ones that tackle him to the floor, I think the heat is on and the officers involved in the case are starting to separate themselves from the ones that handle Gray to the ones that just transported him in the van.

The truth is coming our bit at a time.

edit on 29-4-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: daveinats

Cause all black people are on welfare right, that is the joke?

What does that have to do with the conversation?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

What broke was his neck so the injury seems to come out from a shock hold, but I don't see that in the video, it is said that he had injuries to his neck.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join